Quantcast
P90X Anyone? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X Anyone?

Default P90X Anyone?

Ive been doing these workouts for about 2 months now off and on. I took about 10 days off at X Mas. Some hate it, but Im liking it so far. I plan to to keep doing it as much as I can. Post your before/after pic - Ill start.

93 Civic Hatch
    12.0 @ 116mph (10psi)
    a.k.a "50 footer"

nice man...some good results you got there...keep up the good work

My Ride
    TypeR

I did p90x before and i was never so ripped in my life man. Good results for sure bro

2 months? fuck man, good job! good for you!

i haven't ever tried P90x besides the Ab Ripper X. i love it but i hate it

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Nice results! Have you been following the p90 diet too, or sort of just doing your own thing for food?

awesome results ill post mine i did it before xmas but then went crazy, ill start after my trip to dominican next week.. one question for you though.. how good was ur diet during those 2 months?

I did it twice back-to-back a year ago...I did it religiously including following the nutrition plan...I got some amazing results.. best shape of my life in terms of looks, strength and endurance... I still do the work outs but I change them up to keep things fresh.

I recommended to all my friends, all of them found it hard to stick with it for longer than a week. It does take some serious commitment

Originally posted by soccernut
    I did it twice back-to-back a year ago...I did it religiously including following the nutrition plan...I got some amazing results.. best shape of my life in terms of looks, strength and endurance... I still do the work outs but I change them up to keep things fresh.

I recommended to all my friends, all of them found it hard to stick with it for longer than a week. It does take some serious commitment

I'd say after week 2 it gets much easier. But yeah, you just have to accept it's a lifestyle change and dedicate that solid hour or so to working out.

When I started I was a skinny fat dude (gut with small arms) and after a month I shedded about 20 lbs.

I did it for another month and got down to 183 and was pretty fit. I really should start it again... right now I stay around 180-185 by just making conscious choices to eat healthier and working out about 30 min a day.
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 02-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

good results Wayne. losin' those love handlesssssssss

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    good results Wayne. losin' those love handlesssssssss
    Yeah I got a lot less chunky and look decent in a wife beater now haha
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by natejj
    Nice results! Have you been following the p90 diet too, or sort of just doing your own thing for food?
    I glanced at the P90x diet to get a basic idea - but have mostly been doing my own thing. Basically I now eat about 10% of the bread I used to eat. I only have about 1 beer a week, compared to 3-5 before. I'll have a Tim Hortons double double maybe 2-3 x a month and its now medium compared to a large and no donut. Being a student I used to have a large double double and donut every day at school. I don't drink pop and rarely eat junk food.

For lunch and dinner I have been eating a lot of chicken breast, rice and veggies. One of my favorites has been frying up a chicken breast with garlic, onion, green and red peppers and soy sauce and then pouring that over white or brown rice. I have that about 3 times a week. Its easy plus I usually have left overs for lunch. Ill have some type of meat every day or tofu with a bunch of veggies.

Breakfast consists of banana, yogurt, 1 peice of toast, eggs, no bacon. 2-3 times a week Ill make a 1.5L smoothie with orange juice, banana, yogurt, and frozen fruit. It has to taste good and be easy to make.

During and after a work out Ive been using this:

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/prod...x-performance/

I always have a good meal within an hour as well. If I'm ever hungry I will always eat something good not try and starve myself lol. Thats basically it.
    93 Civic Hatch
    12.0 @ 116mph (10psi)
    a.k.a "50 footer"

Originally posted by soccernut

It takes a lot of commitment for sure! I could hardly follow the program at first but I just did as many reps as I could and did my best to keep up. It gets easier every day tho. Some of the exercises I dont like so I just do something I do like while they are doing that other set on TV.
    93 Civic Hatch
    12.0 @ 116mph (10psi)
    a.k.a "50 footer"

I might just have to give this a try. My strength has been increasing satisfactorily, but I'm slowly creeping up on the weight. I started at 215 with no strength. Dropped down to 183, but as my lifts increased, so did the weight. I'm sure its not bad weight (more muscle than fat) but I'm now up to 205. And not happy with the belly. So I thought I'd try cutting and try this P90X routine. Hopefully the strength part will stay as well. Downloading the entire P90x dvd's right now.

My Ride
    1996 Mitsubishi EVO IV

i just got everything in the mail today. all the supplements and resistance bands and will be starting this tomorrow. i was doing the workouts that didnt require any equipment for about 2 weeks just to try it while i was waiting for everything. i started eating alot better drinking water all hours of the day like i usually do. lost about 15 pounds in 2 weeks. im about 250lbs right now so this has been a really hard lifestyle change for me. glad i found some local support!
    1992 JDM MR2 Turbo - SOLD
    2001 Integra Type R - SOLD
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD
    2004 Acura TSX - SOLD
    1998 Boosted EK9 Hatch - SOLD
    1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE - SOLD
    1990 Nissan Pathfinder SE 35" - SOLD
    1990 Nissan 240sx 310WHP - SOLD
    1996 Mitsubishi Evo IV

Im A Car Whore

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Jesus Adam, you're not going to need an engine hoist soon....just reach in and pick it up!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    R50

Originally posted by Big_Fat
    i just got everything in the mail today. all the supplements and resistance bands and will be starting this tomorrow. i was doing the workouts that didnt require any equipment for about 2 weeks just to try it while i was waiting for everything. i started eating alot better drinking water all hours of the day like i usually do. lost about 15 pounds in 2 weeks. im about 250lbs right now so this has been a really hard lifestyle change for me. glad i found some local support!
    15 in 2 weeks!? That's impressive! Good job man!

After finishing this last summer, then changing to stronglift 5x5 for a few months, I restarted this again back in January. From round 1 last year, I found out this program works a bit too well in burning my fat off, to a point where I actually lost muscle mass from it.. So this time around, I'm eating a TON more. It's going pretty good so far, gained about 5lbs without increasing my body fat%.

Also picked up a chinup bar and a yoga mat so I won't have to go to the gym 6 times a week. The walks are nice in the summer, but they became more of an excuse during cold winter months.

It really is amazing how not eating chips and cutting pop can cut off your weight. I think the biggest thing to me was cutting pop since I used to drink like 2-3 cans of coke a day. Now I just drink water exclusively and it keeps a lot of the weight off.

Originally posted by Big_Fat
    Keep us posted dude. Post a before/after pic at 30 days if you want. It's super hard work, but the first 2 weeks are the worst. Try your hardest not to get off track! Hows it going so far?
    93 Civic Hatch
    12.0 @ 116mph (10psi)
    a.k.a "50 footer"

Incredible results. I did my first round of P90X last year, and it was a really great experience. I am going to do my second round shortly.

It is a fantastic program, very complete and really delivers. Like anything else, though, you get out of it what you put in.. and it is not easy.

p90x is really based for more at-home workouts eh?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast