Quantcast
I need help in making the new me. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help in making the new me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default I need help in making the new me.

Well, i am sick and tired. It is time for me to have a "makeover" if you will. I have had a pretty shitty life lately, and it is time to do something for me, and get some of my old confidence back.

Step 1 for me is to lose some weight. Lets be honest, I need to lose A LOT of weight. Currently I am floating between 287lbs and 292lbs. I am fat. no bones about it. When I was younger, I used to play high school football, and once out, I went straight to the Stamps practice roster. I learned alot there about diet and how to bulk up and fast. It was great, I was a big defensive end, could move like no ones business. I never made it onto the actual play roster, and ended up getting hurt pretty bad and it effectively ended any chances I had of making the team and turning pro.

After I got hurt, I stopped playing, and stopped doing much of anything physical. Ended up taking up smoking and didn't change my eating habits. I went from being 240 - 245lbs in pretty awesome shape when I played, to going as high as 300lbs. Now I know that seems like a super high number to most of you, but I am also 6'5" and have some really wide shoulders. Not denying my beer gut though LOL!

What I am looking for is first a way to start cutting weight, and then getting back into shape. My cardio is horrible now, no bones about it. I am no longer smoking (quit 2.5 years now), not eating much red meat. I am eating more chicken than anything. I have a hard time with most veggies and fruits, not because i don't like them, but I don't like alot of the textures in my mouth, or the loud crunching in my ears. I know, i know.

Anyone able to offer me up some tips and tricks for some weight loss and so on? good food recipies and the like? Like I said, it is time I did something for myself.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

start drinking nothing but water and cut out liquor.

Youll be amazed of what will happen.

you went to the stamps practice roster, you should know what works with your body.

plus your muscle memory will come into play asap!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by GQBalla

you went to the stamps practice roster, you should know what works with your body.

plus your muscle memory will come into play asap!
    Oh yeah, I know how to get bigger, that has never been a problem for me. I had to make a promise to my mother and my grandmother that in cutting my weight, that I would not build more muscle. there words were, "you are already too strong, you just need to lose some weight."

Unfortuneately, that is all I know how to do, is build muscle and bulk. I don't know fuck all about getting rid of it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by GQBalla

+1

Only drink water, no soda, and as little booze as your mind can handle right now (I can't fathom the amount of stress you currently have, so a little self-medication isn't bad).

I'm also finding HIIT cardio on an elliptical a great help. I don't go too hardcore, but 120 seconds fast speed, and 30 seconds full out for 30 minutes.

My eating habits haven't changed at all (I eat 80% healthy dinners, and 80% fast food garbage lunches), but am slowly getting rid of the extra pounds I have. If I ate right, I'm sure I could loose everything I wanted to.

edit: Oh, and I'm not even going to the gym like I should, because of my work sched (cough, excuse, cough) I'm only managing 4 times a week every other week, so if I actually hit it hard, I'd probably be a bean pole right now.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 02-15-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I would look only at your diet. You need to eat less. There are hundreds out there.

I'm just starting the rapid fat loss, but since you don't seem to like vegetables, maybe try atkins or something similar?
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

i will eat veggies, i hate them, but i will eat them. it is jus their texture and i don't find them filling at all.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I am naturally a light weight and a good weight for me is 160lbs and I turned 30 last year and was 195lbs with a spare tire. I decided I wanted to lose some weight before my friends wedding in 1 Month and fit my favorite suit. What I did was went on a diet of water, veggie juice, fruit juice, and raw fruit and veggies. The 2 weeks I went all juice and the first 5 days and that was the hardest part(Man did it suck!), then it was easy after that. After the first 2 weeks I ate the raw fruit and veggies. I went down to 165lbs in 3 weeks and have kept it off no problem. For someone my weight thats a huge loss. My sister in law started it yesterday to drop some weight for her wedding.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

P.S. no extra exercise was done.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

go read the rapid fat loss thread? I lost like 26lbs in 30 days, still given'er too.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by kvg
    I am naturally a light weight and a good weight for me is 160lbs and I turned 30 last year and was 195lbs with a spare tire. I decided I wanted to lose some weight before my friends wedding in 1 Month and fit my favorite suit. What I did was went on a diet of water, veggie juice, fruit juice, and raw fruit and veggies. The 2 weeks I went all juice and the first 5 days and that was the hardest part(Man did it suck!), then it was easy after that. After the first 2 weeks I ate the raw fruit and veggies. I went down to 165lbs in 3 weeks and have kept it off no problem. For someone my weight thats a huge loss. My sister in law started it yesterday to drop some weight for her wedding.
    I want every detail on that that you can give me.

I will choke back everything I can to get those kind of results!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Obviously your 2 main focuses should be diet and cardio. Start using a treadmill/elliptical or going out for jogs at least 3-4 times per week 30 minutes/session. Your main goal is to increase heart-rate. As your endurance builds, so should your cardio sessions.

I think it's silly for a person your size (I can relate, I'm 6'6" 240lbs) to eat only fruits/veggies, but they should definitely find a place in your daily diet. I make a habit of always taking a fruit with my lunch and always eating veggies with dinner in addition to healthy snacks throughout the day.

Your diet probably doesn't have to change dramatically, just cut out the really bad stuff (fast food, alcohol, etc) and make a few healthy substitutions.

I think just as with quitting smoking, you have to make a conscious effort to make a change and just do it. I'm sure you know very well that since you had the will power to quit smoking, this shouldn't be difficult for you either... you just need to find the place to start.

Good Luck.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Originally posted by spikers

I want every detail on that that you can give me.

I will choke back everything I can to get those kind of results!
    Call me # pmed

No one has mentioned P90X....If you have the commitment to follow it religiously, you WILL get the results...I did!!

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by kvg
    where is your protein coming from? this seems like an easy method to get skinny-fat

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I wanted to lose weight first then tone up. I tried protein diets, the took forever. I work and have 2 kids a wife thats in school, so I have no spare time to hit the gym daily
    The idea was to lose weight and it worked fast. Now I have so much more energy. Don't get it twisted the first week fucking sucked, but I am sure glad I did it now.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by dandia89

where is your protein coming from? this seems like an easy method to get skinny-fat
    Or unhealthy skinny haha, you need proteins man... RFL!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i use to always sit around 195-210 (210 was my "playing" weight ie. active)

now with sitting at a desk all day and not having much time/ability (back is a mess) to be active i found that my muscle was diminishing and weight was increasing.

so for the past.... 8 months i guess? i have been on a pho diet

very simple... 4 out of 5 lunches a week at work are either pho tai or beef saute

small dinner about half the week, other half wings, burgers, whatever.

if i start to get a little soft, dinners for the next week are chicken w/veg and rice, lots of spices, touch of sauce.

works well for me been between 180-185 @6'1" for a while now

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by JfuckinC

Or unhealthy skinny haha, you need proteins man... RFL!
    Exactly. There are lots of "diets" that will help you to lose weight quickly, but they aren't necessarily healthy.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Your really going to have to hit the exercise hard. And I guess I ll be the one to break it to you, no more beer man, none.
    If you have to drink due to your current situation then look at like Vodka Waters, Red Wine but then again not much of it.

You will be amazed with just cutting out pop, beers and drinking more water will do for ya. Wouldnt be a bad idea to have your blood pressure and Cholesterol tested either.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    1ST GEN

www.bodyforlife.com

It is a high protien, low simple carb diet combined with 6 days a week of working out. The program is easy to follow and works like a charm. I was 195lbs and active but kindof a skinny-fat fat guy. I lost 15lbs in a month doing this program exactly as it says. I am not longer skinny fat, but fairly ripped and way stronger. My body fat went from 22% to 14% and my strength increased dramatically.

The idea is to build lean muscle to burn that fat and to add a short bit of cardio in there.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast