Quantcast
7 car rear ender on Deerfoot Today - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 7 car rear ender on Deerfoot Today

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default 7 car rear ender on Deerfoot Today

Stuck in traffic for the better part of an hour. People in this city need to learn the principle of HOW TO MERGE INTO THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC, and HOW TO BE COURTEOUS AND ALLOW OTHER DRIVERS TO MERGE!

GTSJeff Rejoices:

Travel

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Holy crap 7 car rear-ender . Does that mean each driver is at fault (except for the guy in front...heheh)
    What part of deerfoot is that? far south i'm guessing

damn

I can't stand it when people don't let other people merge

My Ride
    2000 civic SIR

Default Re: 7 car rear ender on Deerfoot Today

Originally posted by Ben
    Stuck in traffic for the better part of an hour. People in this city need to learn the principle of HOW TO MERGE INTO THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC, and HOW TO BE COURTEOUS AND ALLOW OTHER DRIVERS TO MERGE!

I have never driven in a city where so many people have NO CLUE how to use an ACCELERATION lane. Do they really think merging on the highay doing 40 makes it easier? For them or anyone else behind them?

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

That sucks. turning off Deerfoot South to go onto Memorial, people fucking stop they don't merge they stop and wait for room. The lane they are in goes all the way to the Zoo exit which gives them so much time to merge but...NOOOOOOOOOOOO

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

People also need to learn not to stop completely on deerfoot... Goddamn drivers!!

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Originally posted by ExtremeSi
    Does that mean each driver is at fault (except for the guy in front...heheh)
    Going from the front of the pack to the back
    Car 1: 100% Not at fault
    Car 2: 50/50 at fault
    Car 3: 50/50 at fault
    Car 4: 50/50 at fault
    Car 5: 50/50 at fault
    Car 6: 50/50 at fault
    Car 7: 100% At fault
    Yes basically. 2-7 will get rated insurance policies next year, and it won't matter if it was 50/50 or 100, they'll all be treated as though they had an at fault.
    Last edited by 1badPT; 01-10-2004 at 08:36 PM.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

it was Car Number One that Caused the whole thing too which is retarded, haha, I mean technically if the persons behind were not following too close it woudn't have happened, butEVERYONE follows too close on deerfoot it seems. Fuck, Anyone in rush hour traffic knows this, You leave the proper room, someone wedges their car in the space you allow (almost always these people do it with a sudden lane change without a signal) and if you counter that by not leaving enough room for someone who is impatient to fill the spot, some loser who doesn't know how to drive screws up in front of you and you dont have enough time/room to stop. Its a catch22.
    Travel

My Ride
    996 911 Turbo

Originally posted by Ben
    it was Car Number One that Caused the whole thing
    Wasn't this the one caused by the x-mas tree on the road??

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Yeah some people are just too retarded to drive. All the time i see people that don't know how to merge, or people that don't fucking make their move when i slow down and leave room for them
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Default Re: Re: 7 car rear ender on Deerfoot Today

Originally posted by itsalebaron

I have never driven in a city where so many people have NO CLUE how to use an ACCELERATION lane. Do they really think merging on the highay doing 40 makes it easier? For them or anyone else behind them?
    I've had an incident where I was trying to merge from 68th ST onto 16th Ave W and a stupid Buick driver wouldn't let me in... He was two-three cars behind me and he sped up to keep me in the merge lane..

so many idiot drivers out there

My Ride
    something green

What I don't like about situations like that, is why the city crews insist on taking up 3/4's of the road with emergency vehicles parked where they really don't have to be.... Last Sunday was the same damn thing on the calf robe bridge, there was an accident in the left lane, all the cars involved were in the left lane pulled right against the concrete median, and for some illogical reason, they insisted on knocking everything down to one lane, yeah fine put the pylons up and close that lane, but they had 3 fire trucks loaded with fire men just sitting in the trucks centre lane, picking their asses, while the drivers of the involved vehicles were in the back of police cars in the left lane... Makes no sense..
    Where is that 60,000 dollar accident reconstruction vehicle the police bought last year to supposedly reduce the time it takes to clean up an accident, now that each department is allowed to charge to attend an accident scene, for cleanup purpose, it seems like every department shows up for anything, just so they can hand out a bill to the drivers...
    I mean when the 3 cars rub together on deerfoot on a corner,do we need 4 police cars, 2 ambulances, 3 firetrucks, city streets department, Carmacs road maintenance, City towing etc etc, all out making a total fucking production out of a minor accident...No...
    We passed a minor rear ender on Mcleod south yesterday, the cop left his car in the middle lane, I mean WTF, pull in behind it, and turn your lights on, but instead he parks his car in the middle lane, there wasn't even any real damage to the cars the front one had a broken centre panel, big whoop....And why when someone hits do they insist on stopping right there to start doing paper work, pull off the road...
    This reaffirms my suspicions, useless people either become Walmart greeters, or cops....Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    2Look slk

Where on Deerfoot was this?

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Originally posted by Maxt
    What I don't like about situations like that, is why the city crews insist on taking up 3/4's of the road with emergency vehicles parked where they really don't have to be.... Last Sunday was the same damn thing on the calf robe bridge, there was an accident in the left lane, all the cars involved were in the left lane pulled right against the concrete median, and for some illogical reason, they insisted on knocking everything down to one lane, yeah fine put the pylons up and close that lane, but they had 3 fire trucks loaded with fire men just sitting in the trucks centre lane, picking their asses, while the drivers of the involved vehicles were in the back of police cars in the left lane... Makes no sense..
    I hate it when they do that! There is no point in closing and blocking a whole bunch of lanes when nothing si going on in that lane.

<==== Is really f'ing tired of seeing this sign on Deerfoot this week, after the BS at 130th one morning this past week.

This all happened at Deerfoot N. past Douglasdale Blvd. What I don't get was the cop's quote on the news last night "It would be better to drive into the tree than cause a pileup"... Ummm DID you see the size of the tree?! You can't just drive into it and not expect any damage either. Granted they were probably driving too close together to make it worse.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default Ha Ha!

Excellent, all this happening when I am pleasantly unconscious, and warm in my bed.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info