Quantcast
A Californian's Guide to Southern California - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 120

Thread: A Californian's Guide to Southern California

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    V8’s
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    On my recent trip I booked my rental through Alamo in Garden Grove,made a last minute change and decided to return the car to LAX. I had the car for over a week and I was quoted $318. When I called to tell them that I wanted to return the car to LAX there was no hassle, and I ended up paying $292, it was cheaper because they need cars at the airport. Also, most if not all rental cars are dropped off at a depot about 5 minutes away from LAX. A bus will take you to and from and it is free.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,195
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I've been doing some checking and it seems like the price isn't too bad for one-way rentals anywhere within socal. Currently my favourite return flight is from PSP, which is an awesome airport. So small, so little hassle. That's proabbly how I'll go.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad this is such a safe space full of support and encouragement.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Had some points that were going to expire so I guess I'm going to drive PCH during long weekend aha!

    Land in LAX Friday to meet up with a friend, then drive up to OAK on Saturday via PCH. Go back home Sunday night.

    Who carries the Mustang? Is it Hertz?

    Luxury car rental would be good too. Sixt looks to be a viable option. Time to dig around Priceline.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-14-2016 at 01:02 AM.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by flipstah
    Had some points that were going to expire so I guess I'm going to drive PCH during long weekend aha!

    Land in LAX Friday to meet up with a friend, then drive up to OAK on Saturday via PCH. Go back home Sunday night.

    Who carries the Mustang? Is it Hertz?

    Luxury car rental would be good too. Sixt looks to be a viable option. Time to dig around Priceline.
    May be give this AirBnb for cars a try and report back?

    https://turo.com/

    https://turo.com/car-rental/santa-mo...che-911/160367

    don't know how extra mileage is being charged tho.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema


    May be give this AirBnb for cars a try and report back?

    https://turo.com/

    https://turo.com/car-rental/santa-mo...che-911/160367

    don't know how extra mileage is being charged tho.
    I'd love to, but I have to return the car at SFO (going Northbound to fly back to YYC). Turo is round-trip and can't return the car at LAX.

    This is an odd concept; 500 miles for a week and no option to add extra miles. How the fuck do you make money on this?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by flipstah


    I'd love to, but I have to return the car at SFO (going Northbound to fly back to YYC). Turo is round-trip and can't return the car at LAX.

    This is an odd concept; 500 miles for a week and no option to add extra miles. How the fuck do you make money on this?
    https://turo.com/car-rental/west-hol...k-class/153441

    That's too bad, here's a SLK with unlimited miles. And Ashlee is

    Could be a trap.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-14-2016 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    HELLLOOO ASHLEE.

    Sixt has an F-Type available for $300CAD/day

    The kicker is that it has 350miles included.

    Each additional mile is $1CAD per mile.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I rented a '16 mustang GT from Alamo when I was in the states a couple months back. Ended up being ~350USD for just over a week, unlimited miles. No speed limiter, TC off allowed.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by cjblair
    I rented a '16 mustang GT from Alamo when I was in the states a couple months back. Ended up being ~350USD for just over a week, unlimited miles. No speed limiter, TC off allowed.
    Thanks. The F-Type was unavailable so I'll be getting one of these:


    Car Type:
    Camaro SS, Challenger RT, or Ford Mustang GT Premium


    Unlimited Mileage
    Automatic Transmission
    Air Conditioning


  10. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Have fun!!

    That was my first experience with a real (i.e. V8) Mustang and I was actually really impressed. Hope you don't get stuck with the Dodge

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by cjblair
    Have fun!!

    That was my first experience with a real (i.e. V8) Mustang and I was actually really impressed. Hope you don't get stuck with the Dodge
    1/3 shot lol. If not, you might see a Challenger going off PCH on the news. IT WAS ME.

    It was either this or a C-Class and I feel that that the Merc would be too boring. I could be horribly wrong, though.

    The Merc would be cushy ride, but I want to experience the curves of PCH and the secluded patches of tarmac within that network.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-16-2016 at 04:59 PM.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,492
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by flipstah


    1/3 shot lol. If not, you might see a Challenger going off PCH on the news. IT WAS ME.

    It was either this or a C-Class and I feel that that the Merc would be too boring. I could be horribly wrong, though.

    The Merc would be cushy ride, but I want to experience the curves of PCH and the secluded patches of tarmac within that network.
    Where are you renting from? Alamo? I'm headed to disneyland in September and I need to tent a car. I don't really want a run of the mill car to drive around in lol
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 05-16-2016 at 07:23 PM.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Budget gave me a better deal. Use Priceline. That's where I got my quote.

    Sixt is pretty awesome as well. C Class for $100something a night.

    EDIT: This is my path this weekend. Hopefully, there's an In-N-Out somewhere.

    https://goo.gl/maps/jJNzkhFwHsj
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-16-2016 at 09:49 PM.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by flipstah


    1/3 shot lol. If not, you might see a Challenger going off PCH on the news. IT WAS ME.

    It was either this or a C-Class and I feel that that the Merc would be too boring. I could be horribly wrong, though.

    The Merc would be cushy ride, but I want to experience the curves of PCH and the secluded patches of tarmac within that network.
    Unless you had planned on ballin out and getting an AMG (rental price is outrageous BTW, I looked into that on my last trip haha), you'll be really happy with the mustang or camaro.

    Be prepared to make some sketchy passing manoeuvres on the PCH haha. I did it on a sport bike, which made it much easier to get around the gawky tourists in large sedans and subcompacts going 5mph under the limit

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Got a Mustang convertible for today! It has stupid logo flood lamps lol.

    I don't think it's a GT because it doesn't say that anywhere.

    Budget had MX5 in the lot, and I hope I don't regret not switching to those. Haven't tried the new Mazdas

    I'm going to have some Roscoes, then some In N Out, and stop by a Wal-Mart before going to USA 1.

    Also, roaming plans are mathematically dumb if you're data biased
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-21-2016 at 07:48 AM.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,205
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by flipstah
    Got a Mustang convertible for today! It has stupid logo flood lamps lol.

    I don't think it's a GT because it doesn't say that anywhere.

    Budget had MX5 in the lot, and I hope I don't regret not switching to those. Haven't tried the new Mazdas

    I'm going to have some Roscoes, then some In N Out, and stop by a Wal-Mart before going to USA 1.

    Also, roaming plans are mathematically dumb if you're data biased
    That back seat is pretty small eh? lol. We rented one for our trip from Las Vegas to San Diego. We actually crammed 3 people and 5 suitcases into that car. When we dropped it off at the airport the guy said "Lemme guess...you were a Tetris master!"

    It was a fun car to cruise around the California beaches though!! Took me 10 minutes looking where to insert the ignition key.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NW
    My Ride
    06 F-150
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by flipstah
    Budget gave me a better deal. Use Priceline. That's where I got my quote.

    Sixt is pretty awesome as well. C Class for $100something a night.

    EDIT: This is my path this weekend. Hopefully, there's an In-N-Out somewhere.

    https://goo.gl/maps/jJNzkhFwHsj
    There's an In N Out pretty close to Venice Beach that I like to hit when I'm there.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    This is such a good trip. Do it with the top down.

    Granted, my face is slightly burnt but worth it.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Kinda makes you think about buying a vert of some type, doesn't it? haha

    After my first mustang vert experience (base v6), I started shopping for s2k's when I got home.

    That's a great car for the drive your doing. Even though it's not a GT, I'm sure it's plenty of fun!

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I'm fat now. Also, that mustang definitely earned the 500+ miles I racked up in a day.

    Almost ate cliff in some stretches lol.

    I also had $5 toast. I get it.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-22-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VIP Junction Produce Southern California Meet

    By Zephyr in forum Events and Meets
    Replies: 35
    Latest Threads: 06-07-2010, 02:07 AM
  2. FS: 2007 Southern California City Pass.

    By CRXguy in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
  4. *Video* Northern California Meets Southern California Euro

    By trev0006 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 04-18-2004, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •