Quantcast
A Californian's Guide to Southern California - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: A Californian's Guide to Southern California

My Ride
    changes every year

Well it's official I'm going to disneyland with the wife and kid in September. We are staying a block away from disney but we are getting a car because who knows where we might end up.

That being said, I've never been to LA so I want to know a good beach that's close and good shopping that's close. What and where to avoid at any time of the day. I'm going to try and see if I can swing some sort of car show while I'm there as well.

We still need to get disney passes but are unsure if we want a park hopper or not because we aren't going to sea world and we probably plan on being at one place each day.

If I'm. ring here, let me know or f there are there suggestions I'm open.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That's going to be slightly cold. September is Autumn.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by flipstah
    That's going to be slightly cold. September is Autumn.
    Maybe for locals lol 31 is the average high there at that time as far as I can tell. I'm going beginning September.

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    Well it's official I'm going to disneyland with the wife and kid in September. We are staying a block away from disney but we are getting a car because who knows where we might end up.

That being said, I've never been to LA so I want to know a good beach that's close and good shopping that's close. What and where to avoid at any time of the day. I'm going to try and see if I can swing some sort of car show while I'm there as well.

We still need to get disney passes but are unsure if we want a park hopper or not because we aren't going to sea world and we probably plan on being at one place each day.

If I'm. ring here, let me know or f there are there suggestions I'm open.
    we are going in December for the first time. we dont like it hot. so hopefully it works out for us.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Exploded.

Shopping would be premium outlets. If wife wants to relive Pretty Woman, Rodeo Drive.

As for the passes, go early but the fastpass does make a slight difference. Disneyland with California Adventure are huge. 1 day per park is a rush job but doable.

Have fun!

My Ride
    changes every year

What I meant by 1 day is they have the 3 day park hopper passes. Not sure if I should get one of those or separate passes. I don't know anything about disneyland lol

My Ride
    Exploded.

Ohhh! Disneyland is the old school vibe and loving your inner childhood. California Adventure are more for teens looking to get adrenaline fix. That's how I'd separate it.

If you have a Costco membership check out their California pass, it inlcudes Disneyland and California adventure, universal studios and seaworld. As for beaches, Venice Beach is cool to check out but if you are planning to stay and chill at the beach I would recommend Huntington and Newport Beach instead.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Laguna Beach is a dump. Don't bother. Nothing like on TV.

My Ride
    changes every year

going in 2 weeks. where's a good place to rent a car? I was just going to do Expedia...have to pick it up at LAX.

Long Beach Aquarium, now called Aquarium of the Pacific. They used to have a great touch tank there.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Exploded.

going in 2 weeks. where's a good place to rent a car? I was just going to do Expedia...have to pick it up at LAX.
    Budget had good selection of cars. Line sucked though.

Doesn't matter which company you choose, you will take a shuttle bus to the car rental location. A PITA.

I'm probably wrong about this, because it's been a while, but I think it's National where you just check in and then go out a take a car out in the lot. No real waiting.

Protip with using CC at gas stations: Use only the numbers in your postal code preceded with filler zeros as the zip code. (e.g. T4G 9E5 = 00495).

i thought the 00 came at the end??? ie 49500??

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by suntan
    Doesn't matter which company you choose, you will take a shuttle bus to the car rental location. A PITA.

I'm probably wrong about this, because it's been a while, but I think it's National where you just check in and then go out a take a car out in the lot. No real waiting.

Protip with using CC at gas stations: Use only the numbers in your postal code preceded with filler zeros as the zip code. (e.g. T4G 9E5 = 00495).
    Ive never used a cc in the states, let alone filled up my own car in the states, I don't know what this is about....

Originally posted by OU812
    i thought the 00 came at the end??? ie 49500??
    lol, I can't remember. Too lazy to look up.

My Ride
    Hybrid

All the rental companies are about the same, unless you're part of the loyalty program with one or another. Except I'm still a bit skeptical of some of the smaller/newer names like Fox and Advantage though.

Check out costco.ca under travel (if you're a costco member), autoslash.com, and hotwire.com to compare rates.

Ive never used a cc in the states, let alone filled up my own car in the states, I don't know what this is about....
    Don't you fill up your rental car when you're done? In the states, most (if not all) gas stations are prepay - so you either use a credit card at the pump or you have to go in. If you're paying with cash, you have to go in and leave money, fill up, and go back in to get the change - much easier just to use a CC.

When you use a CC at the pump, it requires your zip code for authentication. So as a Canadian, enter the 3 numerical digits in your postal code, followed by '00'.
    Last edited by Strider; 08-15-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Yeah he's going to be in for a surprise...

My Ride
    changes every year

lol this will be the second time I've rented a car in the US, the last time I just paid with cash. I'll remember that, thanks for the tip.

My Ride
    IS300, 335, highlander, rentals?!

Any must see roads to drive up close to San Diego?

What's police presence like on the roads? Is there a lot of fixed photo radar?
    IS300 - 2JZ-GTE, DIY custom sequential 31psi at 2800rpms, yeehaw.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6