Quantcast
Bachelor Party: Montreal vs Vegas - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bachelor Party: Montreal vs Vegas

Default Bachelor Party: Montreal vs Vegas

My buddy is getting married this summer (June) and I'm starting to plan his bachelor party. He likes the idea of both Montreal and Vegas. I'm kind of torn... want to get your guys' input.

The biggest unresolved issue right now is price. The groom wants to shoot out the lights at his stag, but not everyone on the guest list has the same cost tolerance. Out of the 8-10 people on the list, half are in Calgary making between $100-250k/year, and the other half are scattered across Canada and there's a pretty big variation on disposable income. He has some childhood friends that he really wants to invite, but I just don't know how much they would be comfortable spending.

I think to do Vegas properly it would come to ~$1500-2000/person for a 3 day trip as a bare minimim. I asked some guys at work and they said that if you can't drop $1000/day then Vegas just isn't worth it. Would need to get bottle service to get into any clubs (3 bottles @ $500/bottle / 8 people = $200/person/night)

If we go to Montreal we can rent a really nice 2000sqft loft for $350-400/night (so it would only be $50/person/night if we had 8 people at $400/night) and assuming $700 for airfare, that leaves ~$200/day for partying and it would come to ~$1500/person. A $200/day partying budget is pretty baller in Montreal, but very pedestrian in Vegas.

What do you guys think? He's my first close friend getting married, should I just plan an insane party and pay no attention to cost and say fuck it if his buddies from way back can't make it, or try to find a reasonable middle ground?

Also, any suggestions for activities in Montreal or Vegas? We would be going in June.

Forgot to mention:
    Age range = 25-27

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

The party is for everyone, so a middle ground is needed. You might need to take a general survey though, no point in having a medium/low priced weekend if indeed none of the childhood friends are coming.

Montreal in June could include the F1 Grand Prix:

http://eventful.com/montreal/events/...&page_number=2

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

I think you need to talk to his buddies scattered around Canada and see which of them are actually planning on coming. Sounds like Montreal is the middle ground....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Montreal won't be that much cheaper. You can spend easily as much in that town as in Vegas.
    However, if these freinds are imortant to him, have the party wherever will have the best attendance. It's not the location that makes a great party, it's the people.

Either way, those are both nice choices, you can't lose.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-22-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

I'd say Montreal on F1 weekend would be expensive...but as much or more fun than Vegas.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    It's not the location that makes a great party, it's the people.
    Word.

Send an email out to everyone with the cost options as you see them, get their responses and talk to your friend who's getting married and ask him what's more important - blowout party minus these particular people, or more modest party with everyone. I bet you $20 he picks having everyone.

The other option is to have two bachelor parties - one with travel followed by a cheaper, local affair that everyone can make it out to - like a night out, or a house party and bring strippers/topless waitresses in, if you're into that sort of thing.

It's kind of nice to do the mega party with a small group, but also good to be able to include everyone who is coming to the wedding, because guaranteed, either scheduling or budget-wise ,some people won't be able to make it for the trip.

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    . It's not the location that makes a great party, it's the people.

This, it doesn't matter if you're chillin in a alley or at a nice club, by the time you drink 12 beers you won't care.

My Ride
    Ram

Montreal > Vegas for sure. for fun. it might cost more than vegas though

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Why have only one when you can have two?

Vegas is definitely fun when everyone is willing to spend. With that many dudes, you are going to have to pay for bottle service. 3-4 guys a bottle minimum, you do the math. Lets say pool party during the day, that's 2-300; night club, that's 2-300; gentleman's club, this one is tricky, so it's not far fetch to say 1000 dollar day. Of course you don't have to do all that everyday but you get the idea.

Montreal can be just as fun as Vegas but I would prefer Vegas still for being drunk during the day with a bottle still in hand and no one cares.

One thing that I learned is that with a big group, whatever you guys decide to do, make sure before hand that everyone is onboard, otherwise you'll have people backing out at the last minute for various stupid reasons. If you can, collect the cash first. No money, no party.

My Ride
    AWOL

Default Re: Bachelor Party: Montreal vs Vegas

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    half are in Calgary making between $100-250k/year
    Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Forgot to mention:
    Age range = 25-27
    How, damnit? I'm in the wrong line of work...

Default Re: Re: Bachelor Party: Montreal vs Vegas

Originally posted by Grogador
    How, damnit? I'm in the wrong line of work...
    There should be an asterisk on the higher numbers… the guys in that range are bankers working 80-100hr/week. Not exactly a good work/life balance. There have been days where they will get in at 6AM, work until 1-2AM, take a cab home, and then get to work the next day at 6AM…

$100-110k is a fairly reasonable range for 4-5 year engineers.

My Ride
    Pipe

If you are going to go to montreal you have to check out Campus, the Sky Pub Club and the Stock bar. They have unreal music that pumps hard and unrelentlessly to early hours. It is full of the best scene that montreal offers and from what I hear you will always be able to pick up. Also the last one has dancers so you can probably get a private room for the groom so he can take the montreal experience DEEP!