Quantcast
Cops Everywhere - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cops Everywhere

The Photo Radar section is dated "Photo radar locations from September 1 to September 30, 2003 "

Updated every month? I think not.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

erm ... oh shit... theres one by my house this month :\

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/police/...-redlight.html

^ Current for january ..
    Last edited by yohan4ws; 01-19-2004 at 05:23 PM.
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    Taurus SHO, 6G72 Spyder

Originally posted by powerslave
    Yeah, that intersection of Heritage and 14th can be pretty bad, seen quite a few people run the red light (even with the red light camera up there now!) and seen several people (including some friends) get pulled over by the police on the same spot.
    It still bugs me every time I see someone run the red light. Now when Im at the front of the lights and I see someone running red I honk and point to draw attention. Im sure its pointless, but I figure if everyone started to do it... I read somewhere about a state that was going to give everyone charged with DUI a differant plate for their car (ie. red) so everyone knows who they are. I think we need a similar system but take it even farther. I think everyone should get a differant color depending on their driving record... this way we can all see who are the worst offenders. And too maybe the cops will leave those of us alone who really try to be a good driver and pick on those who have a differant color plate. Iknow im dreaming but it would sure be great!

Just my $0.02

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

Originally posted by Spyderman_MaryJ

It still bugs me every time I see someone run the red light. Now when Im at the front of the lights and I see someone running red I honk and point to draw attention. Im sure its pointless, but I figure if everyone started to do it... I read somewhere about a state that was going to give everyone charged with DUI a differant plate for their car (ie. red) so everyone knows who they are. I think we need a similar system but take it even farther. I think everyone should get a differant color depending on their driving record... this way we can all see who are the worst offenders. And too maybe the cops will leave those of us alone who really try to be a good driver and pick on those who have a differant color plate. Iknow im dreaming but it would sure be great!

Just my $0.02

I can just see it, ricers getting certain tickets just so that their plates match their color scheme. lol

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

^ haha
    rice yellow plates, and rice green. That would be
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default Portable Red Light Cams

Shit now they are putting portable red light cameras in the city? I saw the little tripod one, they can hide that one behind any bush. It's not like I run red lights purposely, but when the crosswalk sign is the "red hand" I'm always paranoid if I'll get through the stupid light or not.

It always comes down to the question: Do I feel like going for it then slamming on my brakes just to try and stop, or should I slow down just in case and run the risk of holding up traffic when I had lots of time to get through?

I'll stand by the notion of: the police!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Audi S4 6spd

Default Re: Portable Red Light Cams

I'm the same way with the one on crowchild and 40th.. its either zoom through like an asshole or drive slow and paranoid watching the solid hand.. i've yet to get one by that camera in over a year but everyday i still hate it

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    Shit now they are putting portable red light cameras in the city? I saw the little tripod one, they can hide that one behind any bush. It's not like I run red lights purposely, but when the crosswalk sign is the "red hand" I'm always paranoid if I'll get through the stupid light or not.

It always comes down to the question: Do I feel like going for it then slamming on my brakes just to try and stop, or should I slow down just in case and run the risk of holding up traffic when I had lots of time to get through?

I'll stand by the notion of: the police!

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Yesterday, within 2 minutes (the time it took me to walk from the front doors of my school, to across the street) i saw 3, count them, one two three, (i had just finished a Math final, thats why im so good at counting !) cop cars drive by. And nothing was even going on.
    I've seen an assload of cop cars everywhere recently...
    Guess its better off that way...

My friend got a speeding ticket in his SUV, didn't have the radar detector, cause it was on his other car, which isin't here.

Buy a V1 radar, its saved my friend like, 4 or 5 tickets already...
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Nice to see a checkstop at Outlaws tonight. They had 7 cruisers, ALL wwere full of DUI's
    Travel

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

^^ That's the kind of copping we like to see.
    Exhuast tickets ..or put a cop at Outlaws to catch DUI's ... hmm ..
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    mitsu

what are the lights in calgary like since everyone speaks of uncertainty and hesitation when approaching them. do they just change from green to red (and vice versa)? ? even a 3 sec yellow light delay i think is enough even if u have a shitty reflex

and whats with those 'warnings' that a light is going to change? isn't a yellow, properly adjusted delay light enough???

My Ride
    something green

The heritage light sometimes doesn't have a pedestrian cycle so it a guessing game when its gonna go, likewise with the one up on 64th ave, 14st, 32 ave, 68st, 44st, it there is no walk cycle its like playing one of those silly hit the gopherwith the hammer reaction games, and shit, the amount of rear ender accidents happening at those lights is nuts, even at the lights with the prepared to stop signs, if traffic is slow to start moving and backed up, those become useless, as those lights are timed to make people aware of the light change that are doing the speed limit, if you are passed the sign when traffic starts to move, the warning lights become useless... I go through the Mcleod shawnessy lights alot, traffic starts to move , the light turns yellow, and someone doing about 40 or 50 will absolutely stand on the brakes, and its usually a semi truck behind them that hits them and pushes them into the intersections, probably seen that happen about 30 times in the last year at that specific intersection...
    Police are claiming accidents are down at those lights equipped with red light cameras, I asked the police for specifics on the numbers, the types of accidents and the if they factored in a number for unreported, settled privately rear endered accidents, they refused to give me any supporting numbers for the program, I emailed them 5 times, and called them 3 times, all they will say is that the intersections are safer, sure thing, just like gun control is working in this country to.....I asked for Revenue numbers on photo enforcment, and I asked the loaded question, if photo enforcement works, why does the revenue keep growing and not shrinking, they chose to not respond at all to that one....Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2