Quantcast
Cops Everywhere - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cops Everywhere

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default Cops Everywhere

Hey I don't know if we're allowed to do this, but I just wanted to give warning about radar traps.

It seems every night around 12:00 or 1:00 there's a cop sitting in the entrance to Heritage Park catching people going Southbound on 14th Street.

Watch out for those bastards okay?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

to be quite honest, GOOD

hope they catch all those idiots, and a few drunks too

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Yeah, that intersection of Heritage and 14th can be pretty bad, seen quite a few people run the red light (even with the red light camera up there now!) and seen several people (including some friends) get pulled over by the police on the same spot.

Default Re: Cops Everywhere

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    Hey I don't know if we're allowed to do this, but I just wanted to give warning about radar traps.
    Radar trap warnings are announced on the radio all the time.

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, they're even announced on the Police Department webpage aren't they???

That cop has been there for a loooong time now.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Yeah, they're even announced on the Police Department webpage aren't they???

That cop has been there for a loooong time now.
    i drive that road ALOT late at night and i've only seen one cop sitting on the grass like 30m down from that intersection..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Originally posted by powerslave
    Yeah, that intersection of Heritage and 14th can be pretty bad, seen quite a few people run the red light (even with the red light camera up there now!) and seen several people (including some friends) get pulled over by the police on the same spot.
    They should put those warning lights up there. The ones that tell you when the light is going to change. Makes it much easier to stop.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

They should have the warning lights on all red light camera intersections so they only catch the people who run reds on purpose...

My Ride

Default That is true

That is true, I hate the feeling when you aren't sure if the stupid light is going to change or not.

I hate the red light camera on Northbound Crowchild up by McMahon Stadium.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by ramminghard

They should put those warning lights up there. The ones that tell you when the light is going to change. Makes it much easier to stop.
    Watch the cross walk light. When it starts flashing you know its going to change pretty soon.

I agree that Crowchild one near mcmahon is annoying because its a really short light..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Some of them are super fun like the 14th and heritage one, the light starts flashing, then goes back to walk, then flashes again, and you never know whether its the first cycle or the second. Thats my least favorite light...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Yeah that light is only like that because half the time late at night there is no one that is waiting to turn or go straight into heritage park

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Here's some useful sites (also like someone said, it's both on radio and on TV on channel 10 every once in a while)
    http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/police/.../trafficf.html

Here's one for road closures:
    http://www.calgary.ca/cweb/communiti...entPageIndex=3

My Ride
    '99 cbr 600

Can those red light camera pick up bikes? Someone told me they couldn't...

I saw on the news last night that for a month the Calgary police are going to be out on full force getting people who run red lights , so careful! Drive safe.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    I saw on the news last night that for a month the Calgary police are going to be out on full force getting people who run red lights , so careful! Drive safe.
    Really?.. I though that the red light cameras put a major dent in that problem.... Guess its not as successful as they say...maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Depends what is meant by term "successfull". In generating revenue...yes. In reducing red light offenses....of course not.

My Ride
    Bicycle

As long as we're giving out cop hideouts, here's the ones in my neighborhood:

Traffic Stops:
    Beddington Blvd - Eastbound - pass Center St, right after the church

Beddington Tr - Eastbound to Deerfoot Tr - after Center St turn off, there's a band before the lights.

Center St N - Northbound or Southbound - South of Mcknight by golf course

Center St N - Northbound or Southbound - before/after Lions Gate bridge

14St N - Southbound - South of Beddington exit, by entrance of new reservoir.

14St N - Southbound - South of John Laurie going downhill.

John Laurie Blvd - Eastbound - exit before 14th St.

John Laurie Blvd - Wesbound - between 14th St. and Shagganappi, there are 2 dipps

Shagganappi - Northbound - after John Laurie, at top of Nose hill park entrance or light poll by 1st band.

Photo Radar:
    4th St. N - Southbound - After John Laurie by 30th Ave

14th St N - Northbound - Right across golf course

14th St N - Southbound - right before golf course by apartment units or behind bus shelter right before 20th Ave

Memorial Drive - Westbound - between center St and 10th St.

Deerfoot Tr - Everywhere - slow down when you see either a MiniVan or Truck with tinted windows parked on the curb.

Gotcha:

Unmarked black neon in downtown core catching stop sign/red light runners.

And yes, sadly I'm a proud sponsor of the Calgary Police Department.

My Ride

Default Thanks

Man Xtrema you really have taken note of a lot of those places. Thanks for the heads ups anyways, I'll try to remember some of them. The cops are really getting dilligent!

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/police/...hotoradar.html

hey look guys, they advertise!

The cops display all the active red light cameras and photo radar locations updated every month...
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast