Quantcast
help me ruin lives... - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: help me ruin lives...

My Ride
    fg2

Originally posted by v2kai

its not his right, but it definitely is common courtesy.

When I used to drive a lowered car in the winter I had to shovel a spot or two to park on the street. Yes its a public street, but if your neighbors can obviously see its a necessity for you to park, they've seen you shoveling for that very reason and just feel like parking like an asshole when other spots are open IMO they deserve what they get. Dont go keying and ruining their shit, but a severe inconvenience is more than fair for being a douchebag. Especially if you've already gone and tried to talk about it and be civil. Pepper spray on door handles or vaseline FTW. non destructive but a great recipe for well deserved karma.

absolutely. the neighbors being a dick. but assholes are everywhere. i guess i just figure its not worth it trying to prove some point.

technically you dont own the spot, so you have no legal leg to stand on. and in the time and effort your putting into proving your point (not to mention the risk of escalation from your neighbor) it would be easier to just shovel another spot and move on with your day.

and my way of just shoveling the new snow onto/behind his car gets two birds stoned at once, because your solving your issue (you gotta park somewhere right, so even if your pissed at your neighbor, being pissed doesnt magically give you a place to park) AND your throwing a bit of inconvience his way without having to put in any extra effort geared only towards vegence.

My Ride
    93 Toyota Pickup

I have no driveway where I live and don't have a very wide lot so it's tight to fit my truck and my fiancees car without getting in anyone elses way.. I got a letter from my neighbour asking to not park in front of their driveway (I didn't, but I guess they thought so..) because their son has no place to park if it isn't in the driveway when he visits.. Legit enough.. The other neighbour asked me not to park infront of her path because when HER son visits and they bring a baby around, it's a pain in the ass to get it over a snowbank. Also legit.. So I took down a 3 foot snowbank from one house to the next so the path issue is fixed and now both cars fit and nobody bitches..

I wanted to tell both parties to fuck off, but considering I just bought this house I don't intend on leaving and don't want my neighbours to hate me.. the one who originally complained, after i listened, now show blows my entrance and part of the sidewalk, and also my access to the back lane where my garage door is.. Seems like a nice enough gesture that could otherwise be a pain in the ass if I told him to fuck off..

I'd just play this one straight .. shovel their spots once and don't leave your spot open easily after that.. If you're an asshole to them, they'll get you back twice as hard, they're already bigger assholes than you are so why would they play nice if you play hard ball.
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

umm, go over and talk to them??

in all fairness it's a public street so it's first come first serve for parking...whether you shovel it or not.
    Last edited by JZS_147; 02-25-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Take a dump on the windshield

My Ride
    FoST

I say bury their car!

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by JZS_147

in all fairness it's a public street so it's first come first serve for parking...whether you shovel it or not.
    100% correct.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

blahblahblahwe tried being polite and going over to talk to them, but they brushed us off and kept parking over here. blahblahblah
    -RETRIEVED FROM ORIGINAL POST

Originally posted by JZS_147

durr.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by ddduke
    what you should do is next time one of them parks there grab 2 cars from your place and hardcore box them in and when they come to the door tell them if they had parked elsewhere this wouldn't have happened.
    Agreed 100%. Don't vandalize their cars... that's a dick move. Block them in within 6 inches of either bumper so they can't get out.

not gonna be a push over and shovel their ice packed stalls, and not gonna be a douche by vandalizing their stuff. yes i obviously know i have no legal standing on those being my spots, but common courtesy is common courtesy.

these are all awesome ideas haha, all ive done is box them in, shovel snow around their tires, and dump water around tires and infront of the car doors.

2 outta the 3 neighbours dont park there anymore. 1 still does, and now we have some random mazda 3 that parks their occasionally.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

I like idea of parking on the lawn. Im going to pave my front lawn so no one can park out front of my house except me
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    g2 teg

definitely not your spots if they are on the street. you do not have any right to the road. sorry.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

your neighbours are dicks. i believe in an eye for an eye. everytime they throw a party, lodge a noise complaint. if their lawn grows over X inches high, call the by-law officers. if they don't shovel their sidewalk, garbage on their lawn.... etc. pretty much anything you can do to make their lives difficult.

i hate assholes like them. if they want to make life difficult for you, i think you have every right to do the same to them. hopefully they'll move away after a year or two

My Ride

Funny that all the ones saying that the op doesn't own the spot probably never had this problem, op I feel your pain in front of our house you won't be able to find a parking spot at all, between 8 Am and 5 PM why?, well because there is a school about a block away and students like to park in front of the house taking up anything available for parking, and this is also affecting our neighbours, we talked to the city about getting the neighbourhood changed to residents only, but nothing yet, is funny we shoveled the sidewalk and even cleared the mountains of snow just so we could actually use the passenger side, anyway that same day after wasting 2 hours clearing snow, I had to go out and get some supplys I came back about 30 mins later, and all the spots were taken once again.

In summer is even worse, sometimes my brother leaves his truck out on the street, and at least once a week he gets boxed in by this little shits, last time he had to get on top of the sidewalk just to get out, he was pissed and complained to the school, the principal just said that is a public street and that there is nothing anyone can do.

-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4