Quantcast
Find Makarov... MW3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Find Makarov... MW3

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Find Makarov... MW3 **update - FAKE** not EA/not Activision

Site has been counting down since today, end of date is Wednesday, which means it will probably be announced during GDC 2011 in San Fran which starts on Monday the 28th. Following the MW story obviously.

Ready for another one already??!!

http://findmakarov.com/

edit, keep trying to F5 it to see the characters that flash up before the numbers appear
    edit2: Looks like Shepard, or maybe just flashback from the ass kicking in the desert after the boat ride?

Last edited by n1zm0; 02-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

My Ride
    rally pig

please Activision kill CoD already.

My Ride
    See sig

Yeah I'm done with CoD.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

Make 1 game, make it amazing, make is huge. Charge me $175.00 for it and I would be a lot happier than I am now.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    4Runner

sweet can't wait for it to come out
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

The good news is that this can't suck as much as black ops... Truth be told, my COD play time has continually spiraled downhill after it first caught my interest with the first MW. I hope MW3 can rekindle the love i first felt ahha.

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

NO MORE.

I find myself saying every year I won't buy the next CoD.

I already buy NHL yearly and that is just as bad as this is.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I was hoping the "space wars" rumors were true...too bad.

I did enjoy MW2 more than black ops though.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    The good news is that this can't suck as much as black ops... Truth be told, my COD play time has continually spiraled downhill after it first caught my interest with the first MW. I hope MW3 can rekindle the love i first felt ahha.
    Ditto man, I played the living fuck outta MW1 lol. MW2 I played quite a bit but didn't enjoy it like i did MW1.

Didn't even get black ops and likely won't get MW3... I'll be sticking with EA Battlefield series for these types of games
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this, since the entire "MW" team (Infinity ward) quit on them and created their own studio ("respawn", under the EA umbrella) after MW2.
    Last edited by Thaco; 02-25-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Mazda 6 MPS

Alright, l hope it comes with bo goodies and more.

PSN: jongc
    XBL: jongc

My Ride
    I like. :)

Niiiiiiiice... the MW series action is back. MW is a pretty sweet single-player experience, nevermind the solid mp, and the MW2 SP ending was awesome... I was wondering when they would explore the 'find Makarov' storyline.

At this point though, MW2 and Black Ops have mastered MP, so MW3's focus and resources should be put towards a huge and awesome SP campaign storyline and experience (which was great in 1 & 2 but left me wanting more), and secondary would be just maintaining their already great MP which should be easy for them.

Originally posted by Cos
    Make 1 game, make it amazing, make is huge. Charge me $175.00 for it and I would be a lot happier than I am now.
    That would be Black Ops.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    MW2 was pure shit. Black Ops is the 2nd best COD behind COD4. Had COD4 never come out, Black Ops would be the best.

Originally posted by Thaco
    It'll be interesting to see what they do with this, since the entire "MW" team (Infinity ward) quit on them and created their own studio ("respawn", under the EA umbrella) after MW2.
    This is why MW3 is going to be terrible. They brought in 2 other teams to get the game done, so I doubt they will change all the crap from MW2. I will still give it a try just because I can't get enough of COD but I'm not expecting much.

Apparently it's a hoax. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1152216p1.html
    Last edited by beecue; 02-25-2011 at 10:57 PM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Won't be as good as Duke Nukem
    -U

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by beecue
    Apparently it's a hoax. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1152216p1.html
    If so, props, cause tons of 1st tier gaming news websites have fallen for it , well have to wait for GDC.i guess, the end time coincides with EA'S speech window that day

edit: DICE/EA calling Activision out?! o_0

Activision put out a statement saying it is not them. They said they are not revealing anything yet and anything else is a hoax...

As mentioned on the EA UK Forums, this could actually be a very clever trap by EA to get people who are Call of Duty fans hyped for what they think is the next CoD game. Then the countdown timer ends and it's not what they thought, it's actually Battlefield 3.

Two years ago, Infinity Ward used the Game Developer's Conference Awards show to unveil the trailer (and date!) for its hugely anticipated followup, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. If we're reading the signals right, it's looking to use the conference for the reveal of the third installment (Modern Warfare 3?), a game that's been shrouded in mystery following the developer's very public (and very ugly!) executive departures.

Someone sent over a pair of dog tags,

pictured above, that include a link to findmakarov.com, with the totally-a-tag-line "End the War" stamped above it. The site includes a countdown which takes us to 10am ET next Wednesday, March 2. The other dog tag belongs to – gross, a dead guy! – Lt. General Shepherd, MW2's main bad dude, who evidently has a birthdate of ... next Tuesday? Wait, that's not right ...

The site's whois information has been anonymized, and we're busy trying to confirm the validity of the tags with Activision. The GDC Awards take place on Wednesday night this year and, glancing at our packed GDC calendar for next week, Tuesday night belongs to EA's competing Battlefield 3. So either Activision wants to steal some of their thunder, or this is a comically elaborate ruse on EA's part.
    we've all been had by an extremely clever marketing scheme from EA?? or Activision is bsing that its a hoax? Or respawns debut? GDC will tell the truth... dog tags kinda like knifing rewards on bfbc2?

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=164408
    Last edited by n1zm0; 02-26-2011 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

update : Has nothing to do with EA OR Activision, some Tdot based creative collective called We Can Pretend, they plan to announce some sort of CoD inspired development that day = not a game basically, viral marketing PR FTW

I began to wonder what was going on here. Is Activision pulling a fast one, trying to draw players even deeper into an elaborate ARG for the next Call of Duty? Or is the site a parody effort on the part of Electronic Arts, which recently poked fun at Call of Duty with an elaborate game called Duty Calls? On Tuesday night EA is scheduled to reveal the first demo of Battlefield 3, its Call of Duty competitor set for release this Fall. It would be a ballsy move for the FindMakarov countdown to end, only to reveal a Battlefield 3 video from EA.

It turns out both those theories are wrong. After some sleuthing I can confirm that the site has nothing to do with a game publisher or developer. Don’t expect a game announcement to pop up when the countdown ends.

Instead, I can exclusively report that Findmakarov.com is the creation of We Can Pretend, an independent Toronto, Canada-based creative collective that is expected to launch a project inspired by Call of Duty on March 2. Production sources who worked on the self-funded project call it visually spectacular.
    http://www.gameslice.com/2011/02/26/...s-findmakarov/ & http://gamerant.com/modern-warfare-3...yce-70324/#top

BUT you can probably look forward to this, Ghost main character? http://gamerant.com/modern-warfare-3...ard-tao-68581/

My Ride
    S14|TB1

The hoax that had us all, delivers! pretty cool that it's live-action cutscenes straight out of the SP, well done imo and hopefully there are more episodes