Quantcast
do you wear shoes in the house? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: do you wear shoes in the house?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by SOAB

its not an american thing, it's a white people thing.

i have never, ever, ever seen an asian or other ethnic home that wears shoes inside. ever.
    Funny lol, I always thought it was an Asian thing.

I had a few Korean friends in elementary and I remember them always wearing some sort of indoor shoe.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Next time ur in the states and u see someone wearing shoes inside their house take a look at their sole. They are clean as a whistle and this coming after everyday wear.

Trying to do the same thing here, ull bring a ton of dirty on a summer day just by taking 5 steps outside of ur door. Calgary is dirty, no doubt about it.

As for the question, shoes always come off in the foyer.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by swak
    No shoes in the house
    No Crucks (or whatever they're called)
    Socks, barefeet, or slippers.

Thanks you, come again.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Guillermo
    ummm, no.... i lived in the states for 21 years and people take off their shoes in the same proportion as they do here. so, you guys are either really ignorant, or just being jerks.
    Uhhh... the ONLY people who I have encountered wearing shoes inside their house were people living in California & Florida, two states that I have travelled to frequently.

The only people who ever had the audacity to wear their shoes into my house were American friends of my wife.

Get over yourself?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:05 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default I always thought it was an Asian thing

Don't you mean Wabaki?
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

I have noticed while living in the states, and going to my parents houses in Hawaii, AZ and Cali that there is a large percentage of people where shoes inside their houses. I don't mind this because I find it a little cleaner and dryer in those states.

Going to Colorado to visit friends there and not having them take off their shoes I found weird, esp in the winter time when I would remove my shoes out of habit and step into a wet carpet.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by flipstah

+2.

I hate shampooing carpet and if you get something on mine, you're shampooing the whole house kthxbai.
    Not only americans, lots of other places do it too.

EDIT: wrong quote lol but yeah not only americans do it.
    Last edited by georgemagana; 02-26-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Originally posted by masoncgy

Uhhh... the ONLY people who I have encountered wearing shoes inside their house were people living in California & Florida, two states that I have travelled to frequently.

The only people who ever had the audacity to wear their shoes into my house were American friends of my wife.

Get over yourself?
    get over myself? because i'm correcting your ignorant stereotypes? ok pal.

and i've been in houses here in canada where the people DO wear shoes, so by your logic then all canadians must wear their shoes in the house, too.
    Last edited by Guillermo; 02-26-2011 at 07:15 PM.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

On another note... it is impossible to find shoes larger than size 9 in China.
    Dont they make 70% of the worlds shoes? lol

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by 95EG6P

very true you will get the feather duster, rattan cane, wooden spoon for that nonsence
    Fixed, imo its an isolated caucasian thing most def. , but not all of them do it and its not only americans, neither is it solely (no pun intended) a poor/middle/rich class thing thats for sure

As for the ops question, never in my family or my house but the gfs parents do, *shudder*
    Last edited by n1zm0; 02-26-2011 at 07:25 PM.

My Ride
    STi

None of my American ( from Florida and New york) relatives wear shoes inside of the house.

I don't wear shoes inside the house. It's not just the fact that you're bringing in dirt. I just find it more comfortable to be in bare feet or socks. It's just as much about comfort as it is with cleanliness for me.

My Ride
    FA1

I'd smack anybody who walked in my house and didn't take off their shoes at the front door. I know of some caucasian people that wear their shoes indoors and they always tell me to keep my shoes on too regardless of whether it's winter outside or not. Actually, I wouldn't walk around in their house without shoes on it's kinda disgusting lol.

My Ride
    bird

I don't wear shoes in my own house

I don`t wear shoes inside, we have slippers. I know when I visited my cousins in the UK they wore their shoes inside.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

+1

When I was in China everybody we visited all had indoor shoes... even extra indoor shoes for guests. In fact, anytime I took my shoes off and went to walk around in just socks I got an earful to go put my outdoor shoes back on!

On another note... it is impossible to find shoes larger than size 9 in China.
    The newer apartments no indoor slippers necessary cause it's no different than here but for a lot of the older houses where it's concrete and flooring and multiple levels, then yes wear shoes etc.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    POS

Shoes off at the door and on with slippers. But if I forget something and feel lazy, I will keep my shoes on and grab it because we have tile and hardwood, but I wouldn't do that if I needed something upstairs that is carpeted. It sounds pretty unanimous that most people here take their shoes off, but how many people when buying/selling a house has left their shoes on? We've bought/sold many houses and I can tell when they left their shoes on . Obvisouly some people just don't give a damn, but sometimes we were home and the people looking at the house kept their shoes on

this is funny because i grew up in the 90's watching family matters and full house.. i thought all families wear their shoes inside the house except asians
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    I would have helped you out but i am 5'6 160 pounds. I have a hard time turning my steering wheel in my car. So I'll shit myself if i carry a 65" plasma.

I'll smack you if you try to wear shoes in my house.
    The only place I wear shoes inside are hotels.

never not even slippers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast