Quantcast
Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread)

Originally posted by ZeroGravity

Btw, MemExpress still have the beat by 10% promotion. So if MemExpress' price is still 1179.99 as posted above, you can try to go price beat the Vistek price by 10%....

so comes out to 1099.99 x 0.9 = 989.99 + tax
    There you go Steve, now you have no excuse not to pick one up and swap out your wife's D3100 .

If MemEx will do that price beat, $989 for a D7000 is unbelievably cheap for what you get.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Thanks man! I've been meaning to pick up a cheap P&S.

Another Vistek deal:

Canon 60D with 18-200mm IS lens $1249.00

For Comparison:

The Camera Store: $1399.88

Memory Express: $1599.99 ($1439.99 with price beat on TCS price).

If you could get Memory Express to beat that $1249 Vistek sale price by 10% that is even better, you could get it for $1124.10 which is basically an 18-200 IS for $200 or so.

Memory Express' price beat is 10% instead of 5% of the total price until March 16, 2011, then it goes back down to 5%.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by dragonone
    F80EXR $129.99 Today only
    Wow nice post. I think I'll pick that up!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

Originally posted by Go4Long
    Yeah, D7000 body only is on for $1099 at vistek right now...if I didn't have a baby on the way I'd be buying one as a backup body.
    damn. i missed out on this deal.

i've been planning to get the d7000, i hope it goes on sale again soon or i might just pay the extra $130ish.

Originally posted by aypi

damn. i missed out on this deal.

i've been planning to get the d7000, i hope it goes on sale again soon or i might just pay the extra $130ish.
    It's actually on sale right now at Memory Express for $1126.99. Thats still pretty good. Going to be tough to find something cheaper than that for Memory Express to beat, and the 10% price beat is over on the 18th as well. Probably not coincidence that they have the lowest price in the city on a D7000 during their 10% price beat sale.

Vistek, however, might beat the Memory Express price for you. Every time I've bought something there they beat a competitors price. Make sure you go back to the lens counter, not the camera desk at the DT location if you go.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

It's actually on sale right now at Memory Express for $1126.99. Thats still pretty good. Going to be tough to find something cheaper than that for Memory Express to beat, and the 10% price beat is over on the 18th as well. Probably not coincidence that they have the lowest price in the city on a D7000 during their 10% price beat sale.

Vistek, however, might beat the Memory Express price for you. Every time I've bought something there they beat a competitors price. Make sure you go back to the lens counter, not the camera desk at the DT location if you go.
    thanks, i was just checking their website too. i'll pick it up this weekend. the d300s is on sale too, is that bec. the d400 is coming out soon? which is the better deal? thanks. i'll be starting all over again as i sold all my gears last yr.

Originally posted by aypi

thanks, i was just checking their website too. i'll pick it up this weekend. the d300s is on sale too, is that bec. the d400 is coming out soon? which is the better deal? thanks. i'll be starting all over again as i sold all my gears last yr.
    D400 will *most likely* be announced this August, and available sometime in November. Nothing is for sure yet though, and it will be at least $1,800. There will be some DSLR announcements this month or in April, but absolutely nothing to suggest a D400 this early, and it doesn't make sense given Nikon's historical releases.

Wow $1099 for a D300s is a friggen steal. It's better in every way than the D7000 EXCEPT high ISO performance (about 1 stop better and a bit better dynamic range), and video. AF, external control, build quality (fully dust/moisture sealed & magnesium frame), size, continuous shooting speed, buffer size, AF motor, etc. is all better on the D300s. D7000 AF is still very good. The D300s is still a best in class camera and it is basically the same as the D300 which was announced in August 2007 but with 1 more fps, virtual horizon, video, and dual card slots. The D300s is a little larger and certainly feels more substantial than a D7000, but parts of the D7000 are magnesium as well, and it does have some dust/moisture sealing.

The biggest differences between the D300s and D7000 in the handling and everything to do with "speed" for the most part, (AF, continuous shooting, buffer, etc.). As far as image quality goes, the nod goes to the D7000 but the D300s is not far behind it, and still as good or better as anything else out there. Slightly better viewfinder on the D300s as well, but again both are so good you probably won't notice. Both will control wireless flashes, and both have built in intervalometers. The D300s uses a different interface for remotes than the D7000, but that doesn't really matter. The only "speed" related thing the D7000 does better than the D300s, is that it will shoot 14 bit (vs 12 bit) RAWs at full speed, where the D300s will slow down to 2.5 FPS.

Personally, I'd take a D300s over a D7000 mostly for ergonomic reasons and the fact that I have huge hands, but they are pretty well the 2 best cameras on the market right now so you will be thrilled with whatever you choose, I'm sure of it.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-07-2011 at 08:44 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I really want one of dell's IPS monitors to go on sale for teh cheap again...I need to pick myself up one...
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

With Dell's Day of Deals I'm sure an IPS will pop up. I quite like mine.
    Ultracrepidarian

I really want one of dell's IPS monitors to go on sale for teh cheap again...I need to pick myself up one...

Originally posted by msommers
    With Dell's Day of Deals I'm sure an IPS will pop up. I quite like mine.
    U2410 on sale today for 429.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=320-8277

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Why is the 23" IPS monitor normally $339 and the 24" is $699?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Size matters, Ryan.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by blitz
    Why is the 23" IPS monitor normally $339 and the 24" is $699?
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with the cost of the panels going up sharply at certain key size increments. Similar to a 50" vs 55" TV, the cost increase is not at all proportionate to the gain in size. Also I know at least in the TV world it has a lot to do with volume, they might sell 250 50" TV's for every 1 55" TV sold, for example. I'm guessing that applies to monitors too, at least to some degree. 1 inch is actually quite a noticeable gain .

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

For $360 I'll just sit a little closer to the screen. Hopefully they put the 23" on sale one of the other days, I love my 2209WA and wouldn't mind another widescreen.

Although right now I'm using my ipad as my library screen in Lightroom, works pretty damn well.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

haha...yeah...I'm just trying to add a secondary display to my laptop...maybe I could steal the wife's iPad too...she never uses it...

where'd you find the cable? how muchy?
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

haha...yeah...I'm just trying to add a secondary display to my laptop...maybe I could steal the wife's iPad too...she never uses it...

Not sure what cable you're looking for, but I'm sure www.monoprice.com has them. They have every kind of wire and very cheap.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Don't need a cable

Down load the AirDisplay App. Hooks up to your wifi and is a wireless secondary display.

Originally posted by blitz
    For $360 I'll just sit a little closer to the screen. Hopefully they put the 23" on sale one of the other days, I love my 2209WA and wouldn't mind another widescreen.

Although right now I'm using my ipad as my library screen in Lightroom, works pretty damn well.

I have thought about getting an iPad simply to use it to check my photos. I only have a TN based LED screen now. Even though it is "calibrated", it's not good. But the thought of having to sync the photos with iTunes or put them on the web somewhere and then viewing it on the iPad seems a lot of work.

After reading what you wrote about viewing the lightroom library on your iPad, I did a little searching and it seems that there's an app which can use the iPad as a secondary display... Air Play...

Of course, an iPad is more expensive than even the 24" IPS Dell (when on sale)... and depending on the iPad model, it is almost the price of the 27" IPS Dell monitor (again, when on sale)... on the other hand, it is an additional toy to play with.

blitz... in your opinion, how good is the iPad as a photo "checker" as far as the color and such goes? I suppose, it can't be calibrated, can it?

Not sure exactly how you're viewing your lightroom library... but any idea if the calibration setting used on your main monitor will spill over to the iPad when using it with something like Air Play? Personally, I hope not.

edit:... ah... so you are using Air Play... cool

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast