Quantcast
Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread) - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread)

I'm hoping for a Black Friday sale around $300 . I'd probably grab one around that price just for the hell of it.

The RX100 MK3 is probably the best traditional P&S overall right now. That pop up VF is genius.

Rumor has it Nikon will be putting some 1" sensors in future P&S' but I can't see them being as innovative as Sony.

I picked up a 105VR Macro for $748 at Memory Express yesterday, saved over $350 with the price beat. I was going to just get the new Tamron 90 VC, but couldn't turn down the 105VR at that price.

Looks like you can do similar things with both 70-200's.

Use Aden Camera for the price beat.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I picked up a 105VR Macro for $748 at Memory Express yesterday, saved over $350 with the price beat. I was going to just get the new Tamron 90 VC, but couldn't turn down the 105VR at that price.

Looks like you can do similar things with both 70-200's.

Use Aden Camera for the price beat.
    which store price did you use to get the 105 for 748?

I finally took the plunge on the 70-200 a couple of weeks ago price beat at MemEx against $1989 (Aden). MemEx price was $2199 at the time. Now, with the current price beat, it works out around 25 cheaper than my order.
    Last edited by ZeroGravity; 06-11-2014 at 12:06 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Gonna go with Memory Express for purchase, Aden for competing price...
    Ultracrepidarian

found the nikon 105 listed for 749 at blacks... but out of stock :P

http://www.blacks.ca/blacks/jump/pro...sp?prdId=97662

if in stock... price beat that MemEx would be crazy cheap

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

yeah, that's a crazy deal...I wouldn't even sell mine for that cheap :P
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Originally posted by ZeroGravity

which store price did you use to get the 105 for 748?

I finally took the plunge on the 70-200 a couple of weeks ago price beat at MemEx against $1989 (Aden). MemEx price was $2199 at the time. Now, with the current price beat, it works out around 25 cheaper than my order.
    I went to the NW one, all stores say "limited quantities" but the NW was closest to me with stock. Not sure about the others.

Aden is an authorized Nikon dealer, has free shipping, and stuff is usually in stock there. It's great for price beats, and from what I saw on their monitors, it was menu-selectable on their computer stations for the price beat, so it must be commonly used. They told me $748 was "well below their cost".

They also won't tell you over the phone if they will or will not price beat, which was kind of stupid.

Shiiiiiiit looks like it's $889 now:

http://www.adencamera.com/product-ov...497&Category=1

It was $819 "until July 3rd" yesterday. That sucks. Still not a bad price beat though ($836.25 final price).

If those ever come back in stock at Blacks, it'll be $661

And another friendly reminder for those keeping an eye on the price at Blacks, DO NOT go to blacks.com, be sure to use .ca haha, especially if viewing from work.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-11-2014 at 01:09 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Should have bought mine awhile ago for $700! Though admittedly I didn't wear gloves while handling it :p
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers
    Should have bought mine awhile ago for $700! Though admittedly I didn't wear gloves while handling it :p
    Haha I still 'need' one actually, the one I just bought was a gift. I'll be keeping an eye on that Blacks stock for sure, that would be a crazy price beat at Memex.

Kind of silly that Aden had a sale "until July 3" for $819 and just changed it to "$889 until June 18". I wonder if it will go up or down after Father's day.

The brand new Tamron 90mm VC is a worthy contender if anyone doesn't want to spring for the Nikon, I was going to buy that initially and it's $659 all day err day online. TCS doesn't carry the new VC version yet.

105VR for $799 for those still looking...unfortunately not price-beatable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121315872461...ectorid=229466

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If you're "needing" a macro I'd really look into the Zeiss 100MP. I found for macro use I was manually focusing anyways and the way it renders I really love.
    Ultracrepidarian

If you're "needing" a macro I'd really look into the Zeiss 100MP. I found for macro use I was manually focusing anyways and the way it renders I really love.
    The Zeiss 100 is fantastic, but I find AF and VR indispensable for a macro lens, especially if your subject moves (i.e. insects or a flower in a slight breeze or a model's eye). In my experience, AF works accurately until you are right down at 1:1. For general closeups, bugs, flowers, etc. I love not having to always bust out the tripod, or losing focus on a bumble bee because I can't use AF-C. Same for portraits or any of the many other uses of a macro lens, AF and VR are such a convenient combo IMO. I'd probably grab the 200/4 Macro before I went Zeiss MF if I wanted a $2000 macro lens. I have seen some incredible shots with that Zeiss though, definitely a cool lens with a unique look to the images. If I bought one though, I think it would have to be in addition to a standard macro lens.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Fair enough! All my shots from that lens have been handheld

They should update that 200/4 though. How old is that thing now?
    Ultracrepidarian

Fair enough! All my shots from that lens have been handheld

They should update that 200/4 though. How old is that thing now?
    My hands aren't very steady, so I probably need VR more than the average person haha. The Zeiss thread on FM has some incredible shots with the 100MP, definitely a unique "pop" to the images.

Anyway that 200mm Macro is from 1993, and one of the most desperately needed updates in Nikon's lineup at over 20 years old. Give it AF-S, VR, some nanocoating, and sell for $1999. Should do well. It seems to be at the very bottom of their priority list though haha, along with the 300/4 update. Maybe if they didn't release 10 new coolpix every few months

Seneal is apparently selling D810's for $3380 in-store (not advertised) if anyone is looking. Just get another store to price beat so you don't have to deal with Seneal if something goes wrong.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Nothing wrong with Saneal, IMHO.
    I think I've spent equally between The Camera Store, Saneal and Vistek (main locations, not mall) Trying to get help at Vistek can be an exercise some days...

Originally posted by The_Penguin
    Nothing wrong with Saneal, IMHO.
    I think I've spent equally between The Camera Store, Saneal and Vistek (main locations, not mall) Trying to get help at Vistek can be an exercise some days...
    Unless something has changed, you're SOL at Seneal if you have a post-purchase issue and there's no way in hell I'd risk that on a $3500 purchase.

At The Camera Store you get 14 days no questions asked return/exchange, and an entire month return/exchange if anything turns out to be defective. You can go home, test everything out as much as you want for 2 weeks, and return if not satisfied for ANY reason. That's pretty awesome peace of mind.

At Seneal, if there is a problem the next day, too bad, deal with the manufacturer.

Maybe they've changed policies since, but there are a number of post-purchase horror stories with Seneal, and it's easy enough to avoid that risk.

Vistek is OK, their return policy is discretionary with camera gear, which makes me a little nervous. They also list everything at full maximum MSRP all the time, so every single purchase there is a price beat, which is just unnecessary hassle. Given their willingness to bend over the uneducated customer price-wise, I avoid them unless they are the only place with stock.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Saneal sucks dick.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by blitz
    Saneal sucks dick.
    Dammit! I've purchased 2 cameras and a few lenses there, and not so much as a hand job. Never going back!

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

At Seneal, if there is a problem the next day, too bad, deal with the manufacturer.

Interesting, good to know.
    Guess I've been lucky, haven't had any issues. Had my 16-35 L lens fail, but it was purchased in the Caribbean. Luckily Canon fixed it under warranty (took forever though)

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast