Quantcast
Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread)

I don't like using other devices to check my photos, because they never look very good IMO. They don't seem to have the color depth necessary, and as a result, all the whites are blown, and all the blacks are crushed. My iphone, my netbook, and even lots of cheap TN panels have this issue. I'm not sure what the iPad is like though - haven't seen photos on that yet. If I'm on holidays I'll use my netbook to check sharpness and cull photos, but as for looking at photos to enjoy them, I don't like it.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I have to say, the ipad is pretty damn good when it comes to view and checking photos. It is an IPS display, and it seems pretty true to the extreme whites and blacks in a photo.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    If you happen to come across any good prices on Wacom tablets, can you post it here? I'm gonna retire my old tablet with something newer. The Intuos is pretty sweet, but pretty expensive for something I don't use very frequently. However if there's a good deal on one....

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Sure, I will keep an eye out. I bought an Intuos 3 a few months before the Intuos 4's came out and I got a pretty hefty discount on it even just at Future Shop, if I recall. I don't use mine very often either, but when I do I'm sure glad I have it. Goring price right now for an Intuos "small" (4X6&quot seems to be $200.

Intuos 4 - small (4x6) on sale one day only at dell for $159
    http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=A2845108

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I was just going to post that.

They also have the Bamboo that's a similar size for $59, which should I get?

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by blitz
    Don't need a cable

Down load the AirDisplay App. Hooks up to your wifi and is a wireless secondary display.
    Bought the app this morning Going to try it out tonight at home.
    -U

I was just going to post that.

They also have the Bamboo that's a similar size for $59, which should I get?
    I would get the Intuos4... if you search for Wacom on the Dell small business side to get to the Wacom Intuos4 small... same price, but can appy this coupon code for additional 5% off ($8)...

KTJPXMV40$T72X

I have the bamboo fun pen & touch... it is equivalent to the Intuos 4 medium in size. But the feel when using the pen is quite scratchy and plastic-ky (no such word?)... but 180-ish vs 4xx (Intuos4 medium)... I didn't take the plunge as I didn't know how often I'm going to use it. But if I get to choose all over again, I would go for the Intuos4.

...edit... Oh, another thing that is quite useful with the Intuos4 is the wheel... using it to change your brush size... very convenient... I suppose you do lose the touch capability of the bamboo if you go with Intuos4. But for me, the touch function is disabled most of the time.

Another alternative is to try to get a local bestbuy or futureshop to price match this deal... then you don't have to wait for shippment.
    Last edited by ZeroGravity; 03-10-2011 at 09:23 AM.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Cool Thanks!

I ordered the Fuji F80EXR on Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday, ordered the wireless security cam on Tuesday and it was delivered on Wed. Not bad for free shipping!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Awesome! Thanks for posting that! Crap, I was always under the impression the Intuos4 had hand gesture capability, since that's a really appealing feature to have when zooming, scrolling, and rotating. Maybe I'll just stick with the Bamboo then since the active area is pretty much the same.

Originally posted by ZeroGravity

Intuos 4 - small (4x6) on sale one day only at dell for $159
    http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...p;sku=A2845108
    Beat me too it haha. I saw that but it looks like you posted this 1.5 hours before I was even out of bed!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Hmm... I've been doing some reading and it sounds like the hand gesture feature on the Bamboo Pen & Touch leaves a lot to be desired:

http://besttabletreview.com/hands-on...ch-fun-tablet/
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=833295

I think this video sold me on the Intuos since the wheel can do what I wanted in the hand gestures. "Wack-em!"

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

So is the only really great thing about the Dell IPS monitors because you can view them at any angle to get a consistent picture? How's this any better (in terms of picture quality) than a Samsung with Magic Angle?

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...5%28ME%29.aspx

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

IPS Panels also display colors differently than TN Based panels...the difference being, that while newer IPS panels have gotten better, their display lag is still higher than a TN Panel, so not so good for gaming etc...
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    So is the only really great thing about the Dell IPS monitors because you can view them at any angle to get a consistent picture? How's this any better (in terms of picture quality) than a Samsung with Magic Angle?

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...5%28ME%29.aspx
    IPS panels have nice wide color gamuts, excellent color reproduction, and they take very well to calibration. As for response time, even on a slow monitor, you'd have to be a pretty hardcore gamer to ever see any difference, and the new IPS panels have eliminated that issue anyways with 4-5ms times, you'll NEVER notice that, IMO. You definitely want IPS for photo editing.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Just installed my Intuos4, man is this thing cool. This is going to make dodging and burning so much easier.

Just installed my Intuos4, man is this thing cool. This is going to make dodging and burning so much easier.
    Yeah they are sweet. I find I don't use mine all the time, but when I need it it's invaluable. Some things are just quicker with a mouse, but your mouse still works in conjunction with the Intuos, so you can switch back and forth without hassle. Took me a while to get used to the angle of the pen changing opacity though. I also only have the Intuos 3, not the hot & trendy Intuos 4 haha.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Ooo, very tempting.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

haha yeah for that price, I'm tempted to order a couple and I'm not even sure if I'll go dual monitor route yet! I figure get it now while it's on sale and decide after the fact

I was just waiting for this deal to come by, and checking back every day because 21" felt too small and 24" cost a little more. This seems just right. Now time to just bite the bullet and buy one already.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast