Quantcast
Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread) - Page 52 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1075

Thread: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread)

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah I've been really hesitant to pull the trigger on any of the 20mm and/or 24mm ART lenses cause I hear complaints about AF misfocusing. The 85mm is not getting a lot of great reviews either in this area too.

For that alone, maybe getting one with a warranty is worth it. Plus aren't they 7 year warranties anyways?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

7 years and actually transferable!

Unfortunate to hear about the AF issues. My 50 ART has been good and was hesitant to sell it and in the end decided to keep it.
    Ultracrepidarian

Default Re: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts

Originally posted by Wakalimasu
    Picked up canon ef 24-70 2.8 ii for $1889 at vistek.
    How are you liking the lens? I love shooting warm colours with it. I still can't believe I paid £1,800 for it when it was first released.

Originally posted by taemo
    Snagged this book at the TCS for less than 60$, it wasn't even on their system anymore.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Massimo-Vitali.../dp/B019TM8TMU
    Nice pick up! I've seen some of his work while living abroad. I would love his custom platform!
    I'm gonna head to Denver in January. I believe their museum of contemporary art has a few of his prints in their collection...should be good.

BH Photo is gonna start selling RRS gear. Should be a cheaper option for us since shipping is free for orders over $99. RRS is gonna raise prices by 5-10% starting in January.

Default Re: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Default Re: Re: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts

Originally posted by sl888
    How are you liking the lens? I love shooting warm colours with it. I still can't believe I paid £1,800 for it when it was first released.
    I'm truly amazed how amazing it is. THe colors sick. Been sick for a bit and now its cold and I don't want to go anywhere haha. I paid $2600 for the 70-200 2.8 II but I was impatient so meh.

B&H Has sold RRS for a while now (at least the plates). They sell Kirk too.

50% off 44Wide site-wide until midnight tomorrow (Jan 1). I believe that is the biggest sale I've ever seen them have.

My Ride
    Silverado

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48797

D610 FX-Series Digital SLR Kit w/ 24-85mm ED VR Lens for $1800

Posterjack has HD metal prints now (currently 20% off), wouldn't be surprised if they are the same ones 44Wide offers. They are slightly more expensive than 44Wide, but they have more frequent sales. Nice to have another option out there. Their marketing sure is weak though, it's basically "look how shiny it is." The FAQ was better though:

What is an HD Metal Print?

An HD Metal Print is a premium Metal Print. We create this Metal Print using Dye Sublimation Printers, a heat press and Chromaluxe Metal Panels. The result is a finished product like nothing else on the market. The desirable characteristics of an HD Metal Print are the vivid colours, glossy surface, and durable nature of the product.

How will the colours turn out on my Metal Print?

The colours on an HD Metal Print will remain true to your original image. Because we are pressing the image onto the Metal Panel, there are many variables that may cause a slight alteration in colour. The process of the heat alters the white point of the panel slightly, which shifts the background colour slightly yellow. Please note that while the resulting colour of a Metal Print is excellent, it will not be as accurate as a direct print to a paper surface, such as our Poster Prints or Fine Art Prints.

Are there any imperfections in the surface of Metal Prints?

Our HD Metal Print panels are sourced from Chromaluxe, the inventor and leader in Metal Printing. In the process of making the panels, Chromaluxe coats the bare aluminum sheets in a state of the art facility in the USA. The top coating is what your image is infused into. The coating typically contains some minor imperfections, meaning the surface might have a very small dot, pit, or bubble. These minor imperfections are a part of the product and do not detract from the finished product. We will not reprint images due to these imperfections.

Is bare metal visible on HD Metal Prints?

No, our HD Metal Prints are made out of metal, but there is a white coating on the surface. Because of this white coating, the metal is not visible in the print. If you are looking for the effect where you see metal coming through in the image, please try our Classic Metal Prints on brushed Aluminum.

Do black and white photos look good printed on metal?

Absolutely! Black and white images look amazing when they’re made into HD Metal Prints! While black and white images look great, HD Metal Prints are generally made in full colour to take advantage of the wide colour gamut.

TCS is having their clearance sale this weekend. 9am - 6pm on Friday and 9am - 5pm on Saturday. The first 25 people to arrive will be given a GC with a value between $10-500.

Ridiculous D750 and D500 bundle deals in the USA right now if anyone has spare USD funds. It's also still a good deal converted to CAD:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...op+Nav-Search=

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mera_body.html

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

TCS clearance is pretty random as usual, but the Kata 3in1 bags (10 and 20 size) for $40 is a great deal.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    TCS clearance is pretty random as usual, but the Kata 3in1 bags (10 and 20 size) for $40 is a great deal.
    They had those back in October of last year just randomly on a pallet in the front entrance way for the same price. Still a good deal. I don't go to their "Sales" anymore because I have been tricked too many times into thinking I might actually get a deal on something worthwhile there haha.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Fair, I hadn't been to TCS in years so it was still a good deal to me. The 20 size is marked $50 but rings up at $40, pretty slick little bag. They had some lens sales but nothing amazing, mostly just random leftover stuff.

Definitely still a great deal. I almost bought the 20 size as well but it's just slightly too small to fit a body with 70-200/2.8 attached. The 30 will, but it's quite large.

I just wish their sales events included worthwhile deals on cameras, lenses, or at the very least bundles - have a look at the bundles you can get in the USA (free grip, extra battery, bag, memory card). We never get anything like that in Canada

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Sigma 50mm ART 1.4 for $800 on Kijiji. Sigma's warranty is transferable if they're the original owner.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Not sure how much of a deal it is, but TCS also has refurbished D800s for $1800. That's ~$400 cheaper than I've seen elsewhere for the refurbs.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Not sure how much of a deal it is, but TCS also has refurbished D800s for $1800. That's ~$400 cheaper than I've seen elsewhere for the refurbs.
    2 years ago you could get D800 refurbs for $1699 in the USA, which at the time was about $1835 CAD.

$1800 isn't a bad price considering today's exchange rate is ~30% worse but the body is 5 years old already.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-05-2017 at 09:26 AM.

D750 and D810 now offered with a free OEM battery grip(finally a Canadian deal haha):

https://nikon2.psrebates.com/?prog_id=201700559&l=E

It's an astonishing $750 value on the D810 (grossly overpriced grip) and $350 for the D750.

The D750 itself is currently $2199 everywhere which makes it a very attractive combo. D810 is still $3399 so not as good of a deal there.

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 ... LastLast