Quantcast
Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread) - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Gear - Deals and Discounts (Not a gear recommendation thread)

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

wish I could afford it right now...I overspent on christmas...lol
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

That's a hell of a deal, wish I could afford it as a second body. Now, if only somebody would do a crazy discount on that new Sigma 35mm.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

w00t w00t, I just put one on hold. Dunno if I should get another haha

I guess I should probably worry about getting a lens or two that I can use first

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    w00t w00t, I just put one on hold. Dunno if I should get another haha

I guess I should probably worry about getting a lens or two that I can use first
    Haha, welcome to the dark side. At least you'll have that 24-85 to putz around with in the meantime.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Now I just gotta flip the direction of the dials and meter indicator to the correct way haha

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Man that deal is pretty tempting. If I sell the included lens and my D300s, that body would probably end up being around $1000 bucks! Why can't they do this for a D800 instead!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Now I just gotta flip the direction of the dials and meter indicator to the correct way haha
    Hey, at least you have the option to do that.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I have the old version of the 24-85mm and it's a suprisingly decent lens. I used it at Disneyland with my D700 and was impressed.

My Ride
    '98 Camry

Who is doing the deal? MemEx is sold out and I don't see it on TCS page.

I don't like Vistek that much....

EDIT: Just spoke with TCS they are doing the deal.
    Last edited by Penis McNickels; 12-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

http://www.thecamerastore.com/rebate...-f35-45g-ed-vr

Sweet, their rebate doesn't end until Jan 9th so I can still get another if I decide to.

My Ride
    rally pig

was just at London Drugs Beddington and don't know if this is a really good deal but they had Lexar SDHC UHS-1 200x cards on sale
    16GB was $10
    32GB was $20

bought a 16GB

London Drugs has the Olympus TG-310 on for $99 if anyone needs a beater camera. Shockproof, waterproof, and freezeproof.

Also a reminder the D600 & 24-85 deal ends January 9th everywhere, and there probably won't be rain checks because the deal comes from Nikon, not the store.

Nikon V1 kits are still extremely cheap around $349-$369 as well

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    London Drugs has the Olympus TG-310 on for $99 if anyone needs a beater camera. Shockproof, waterproof, and freezeproof.
    Ooooh thanks for the heads up! Might just pick up one of these for Hawaii in a week instead of borrowing my sisters..

[Edit] Hahaha NVM sounds like a POS.. f/3.5 on the wide end won't do very well underwater. Reviews also have one really bad point in common: very poor battery life. Maybe I should just buy another waterproof enclosure for my GX1.
    Last edited by clem24; 01-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by clem24

Ooooh thanks for the heads up! Might just pick up one of these for Hawaii in a week instead of borrowing my sisters..
    It doesn't appear to be the deal of the century, but it does seem to be the cheapest "tough" camera anywhere right now. Most places sell it for $160, Henry's has it on for $110 but you need to pay shipping. $125 @ Newegg.

Perfect for a vacation beater. Sale starts today and goes until mid next week I believe.

Henry's has a very good online deal on V1's right now:

V1 + 10mm/2.8 + 10-30mm VR for $399 + free shipping!

http://www.henrys.com/75782-NIKON-1-...30MM-LENS.aspx

Not sure how long the sale lasts.

Originally posted by clem24

Edit] Hahaha NVM sounds like a POS.. f/3.5 on the wide end won't do very well underwater. Reviews also have one really bad point in common: very poor battery life. Maybe I should just buy another waterproof enclosure for my GX1.
    Haha looks like you're right. I think it's only a $150 camera regularly. Try get your hands on a Panasonic TS3 or TS4, or just go with the underwater housing. They require you to look after them pretty well if you use them in salt water though.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Anyone looking for lens fine-tuning software, I found a link for FoCal that is about 20-pounds less than normal pricing.

http://www.reikan.co.uk/focal/mbp45/
    Last edited by msommers; 01-19-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

^i bought it if you want it, don't really use it as I find my camera and 2 prime lens to be fairly accurate without requiring any tuning.

Again, be really careful with that tuning software. You NEVER should dial in AF tune unless:

A) You work at the same focal length and focus distance all day long in a specialized studio or similar, and your lens needs it.

B) You somehow get lucky enough to find a setting that improves your lens at all focal lengths and all focus distances (very rare).

AF tune only affects the exact focal length AND focus distance you tune it at, usually making all other focal lengths and/or focus distances worse. If you have a lens that requires AF tune my advice is to exchange it for one that is perfect. I've yet to have that issue, thankfully. I don't think it's too common, especially with OEM lenses, and camera manufacturers themselves advises against ever using it except in very specific scenarios.

I tested it on my 105mm macro lens once, and I got it maybe 5% sharper at one specific focus distance (It was probably all in my head anyways), and it made the lens obviously and visibly worse at all other focus distances. It's even worse for zooms usually.

Also fast wide primes often suffer from focus shift, which some people think is their camera not focusing accurately.

Most people bought that software to check the left AF banks of their D800's but you don't need software to tell you your camera is off IMO.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.

My Ride
    a car

I have had good luck using mfa adjust.

I tend to do the test at the closest distance I would typically use the lens, since the closer you are to your target the less DOF you have to work with.

The optimal mfa setting should follow a normal distribution with the most likely optimal setting being zero. That being said, the tolerances need to be so precise that I think that the spread on the curve is quite large and there is a good change that an average lens can fall anywhere between -12 and +12.

I have a d800 and d800e and they require quite different mfa settings. I had to send my 85 in to Nikon to get it adjusted because it was outside the settings allowed by the mfa.

On my previous camera (5DII), the mfa changed over time. The more I used it the looser the mount got, I had to eventually send it in to get the mount tightened.

I have used FOCAL and found it to be quote accurate and the results consistent.

That being said, as stated earlier, it isn't a perfect solution, since you are optimizing for one distance others are affected. But I have found that unless you test really close, the optimal mfa dosn't change much as you move back.
    Last edited by smc; 01-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I do the same thing SMC's talking about and it's always worked well for me. Practically every nikon lens I have needs mfa of some sort on both of my bodies.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast