Quantcast
Maclin Ford refused refund (scammed deposit) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Maclin Ford refused refund (scammed deposit)

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

Angry Maclin Ford refused refund.

While being pressured into purchasing a used 2008 Ford F150, when the salesman asked for a credit card to secure the vehicle, i asked if it was going to be an issue if i wanted to get my deposit back, he stated that it should be ok as long as i was honest.

Only when he brought the worksheet/bill of sale to sign after putting through my credit card did it say it was refundable upon delivery. After deciding I no longer wished to purchase the vehicle, I was told on numerous occasions that I was not entitled to my deposit back, I could however get it back if I purchase a different vehicle, as long as it was from them.

Meanwhile, I had never received a bill of sale with any terms or conditions on it, and was refused one when I asked for one until I pick up the truck, though it has changed several times since signing it.

After several phone calls and unreturned messages to the general manager regarding the manner, I was finally contacted by the sales manager who said "you bought a truck, whether you pick it up or not is not my problem" and "you have a thousand resons to pick up the truck" I never signed a credit application for the financing, I only signed a permission to pull my credit score. but maybe thats all they need idk.

I was booked to go in on the following Monday to talk to the finance department and get the credit application finalized, but i did not talk to them, that's when i told the original salesman i felt the truck was just to much money and didn't want it.

After being called a liar in the middle of a he said he said situation, I am left unsatisfied and extremely frustrated. I would like my deposit returned to me, as they did not state that it was only refundable if delivery took place until after they had run through my credit card, and reassured me it was fully refundable.

I do not think that my test driving the truck is worth $1000.00. don't let them do this to you! if your not sure of something walk away! being employed in the dealership industry i figured that they would understand this sort of thing and maybe, just maybe they would show some compassion. i am still out my $1000.00 witch i now have to pay intrest on!
    Last edited by ACURA44; 03-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Love it.

My Ride
    Horse

No, if you are not sure of something REFUSE to agree/sign anything until you have it in paper/writing with the managers signature and then sign/agree.

Call the credit company and do a charge back is your only option. they will NEVER refund you
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Did you authorize the credit card transaction? (sign something that says they can take the deposit)

If you did, Then credit card company cant do much....

My Ride
    Bicycle

So... you don't even have $1000 to cover yourself but were planning to buy a truck? Nice!

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

i called the Visa, they said they cant do anything unless they have permission to refund the money.

i have filed complaints to AMVIC and the BBB. just waiting on a response

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

its not the $1000 I'm worried about its the principle.

Originally posted by ACURA44
    i called the Visa, they said they cant do anything unless they have permission to refund the money.

i have filed complaints to AMVIC and the BBB. just waiting on a response
    Did you tell them it was not authorized or did you tell them that you changed your mind on ur purchase?

My Ride
    Horse

morally it can be seen as wrong, however you did completely waste their time and also handed over your credit card before you had a contract in writing and then signed said contract (worksheet) after on terms you did not agree with.

As much as I hate to see people get screwed you have no one to blame but yourself.

in this day and age business and morals have nothing to do with each other.

Also I should mention Maclin ford screwed my buddy completely out of the trade in your old vehicle program money.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

I don't see how i can say it was unauthorized if was the one who handed it over.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Unfortunatly dealerships work this way.. It's because most of the time customer want to pick up vehicles asap and they are washed, gased up, and ready to go.. The $1000 or any deposit helps those costs and assures the dealership that you will be back. The only reason most dealerships give your deposit back is if they cant get you approved..

Best thing is to never give a deposit unless 100% certain.. The no write up thing is brutal too. They have to be 100% full disclosure or AMVIC will eat them up...

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

all i want to do is warn people. i dont want this to happen to other people.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ACURA44
    its not the $1000 I'm worried about its the principle.
    Well, to be fair, you are complaining about the interest you will be charged on it.
    Edit: Not really talking about the money either...

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

You were stupid to give them a visa/deposit in the first place. you obviously gave them your visa, you wanted to leave them with some money so they would hold the truck for you, its your fault. and now your crying about it.

yea the salesman is a sleezy mother fucker, but you were the dumb guy that handed over your visa. not like he forced you to give him your wallet.

lets sum it up.... guys you dont NEED TO GIVE deposits for cars u want to buy. walk away and think about it for a day or two. their not gonna sell that car within 24 hours anyway. unless the dealer is importing the car for you from another state or province, there's no reason for you to be taking ANYTHINg outta your wallet.

OP... you were sold.

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

Originally posted by mikey_p
    Unfortunatly dealerships work this way.. It's because most of the time customer want to pick up vehicles asap and they are washed, gased up, and ready to go.. The $1000 or any deposit helps those costs and assures the dealership that you will be back. The only reason most dealerships give your deposit back is if they cant get you approved..

Best thing is to never give a deposit unless 100% certain.. The no write up thing is brutal too. They have to be 100% full disclosure or AMVIC will eat them up...
    this is why AMVIC is around. that is also why when you do buy a vehicle you pay a $6.25 amvic fee. and like i said i work at another dealership. and if this thing happens, we give it back.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Ive never met as many pushy fucking cock suckers of salesmen as much as there are at Maclin Ford.

Fuck those mother fuckers. I was also pressured into a truck I didnt want and he kept pushing on me going to sign the papers. I told the pink shirt wearing faggot fucker to pound salt. He also wanted a deposit as it would in his words GO FAST. Fuck you if it goes fast theres always a better one.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast