Quantcast
Whats the general reputation on Village Honda (crowfoot)? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Whats the general reputation on Village Honda (crowfoot)?

Default Whats the general reputation on Village Honda (crowfoot)?

My cousin generally doesnt go to dealers for his work (he has his own mech.) but has been there a couple times in the past year for minor stuff and the Honda techs there pointed out problems that needed to be fixed. Of course my cousin got another mech to check it out after and both times Crowfoot honda was right and honest about it and not just making it up. I spent the day with my cousin, we took his car in this morning for the first time in like 5 months cause he wanted to get his key reprogrammed cause there was something wrong with the imobolizer chip in it.

Anyways when he got there, the guy notices his car key was bent and recommended getting a new one cause eventually it will break. And the last thing he needs is to have half his key lodged in her ignition, then have to tow the car to honda to get it out. So he figured ok ill get a new key ($70 + $60 to program it). He figured ok, no big deal $130, then i wont have a bent key. Wrong.

Honda calls him back and says that they tried to program a new key but it wouldnt start the car, not even open the doors. And that the tumblers inside the ignition and inside the door switches were worn. He asked how bad, they said completely and they need to be replaced if he wants a new key. He asked what caused it cause I told him the chances of tumblers worn out on any car is almost never. They said its just from wear and tear, its getting old, age etc. I think a big reason why my cousin said "ok go ahead with it" without hesistation is because of his good past with Crowfoot honda and how they were honest about his past problems.

So he said ok for them to replace the tumblers inside the ignition but not bother with the door ones (cause he has an alarm anyways and uses a keypad). Immediately, he just wanted to get it over and done with and not make the trip to honda a waste of time. But shortly after, it kicked into him that "what if" just "what if" they were making it up saying the tumblers were worn just to get 2hrs labour out of him. Perhaps the new key they tried was out of spec? THey had to take the ignition apart and at the end it costed him 2hrs labour + $130 for new key.

WHen he went to go pick up his car, the guy said not to bother with replacing the door tumblers because he has an alarm already and uses remotes. He thought cool.

But heres the wierdest part of it all. He said that he wouldnt mind getting the seatbelt buckle replaced on his driver side cause the chip in it is defective and causes the SRS light to come on (he had it scanned previously elsewhere by the scantool). He asked if he could just go buy a used buckle from another honda car or junkyard and put that in. The guy said this "no it wont work, the buckle has to be for your car specifically", and that theres a chip inside the buckle that goes by your cars vin #." I overheard this and it immediately sounded very odd to me! My cousin just played stupid and said he didnt know that, even though he was sure it wasnt true.

So that brings me to this, now after having that said to him, my cousin is now having doubts about whether Village honda was telling the truth today about his ignition having worn tumblers or if they lied just to get 2hrs labour out of him. And thats why im asking others who have been/used Village honda before (or still do) on your experiences and the general rep of this place.

And I dont know you guys tell me, or my cousin shall I say, what are the odds of tumblers inside an ignition and door switches wearing out?

Just found this when googling village honda

When i wanted to buy a car from them they wouldn't negotiate a price unless i put a non refundable deposit down first... so i went to TandT

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Last edited by kaput; 03-22-2019 at 06:55 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

It certainly seems possible that a bent key would induce the ignition tumblers to wear that much quicker.

My Mother has a 2008(?) CRV from T&T and she's been very happy with the service there.

Also, just my opinion, but I think BBB ratings mean a whole lot of fuck all.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    07 Toyota Tundra crewmax

As a Honda Tech we see more worn keys than tumblers. i have never recoded a ignition due to worn tumblers, just replaced keys.

It sounds to me like maybe you have had the locks recoded at some point. they cut a key by vin not by copying the key and they wanted to get the cost of there screw-up.

As far as the seat belt buckle, that's the advisor, not the techs or parts department tying to BS his way into selling you a new buckle from them.

There is only one connector on a Honda seat belt buckle and it is for the seat belt indicator and the pretensioner for SRS. there is no or never has been a chip that needs to be programed or anything of that nature.

send me a message if you ever have a question, and i would be happy to try and help out.

Originally posted by ACURA44
    As a Honda Tech we see more worn keys than tumblers. i have never recoded a ignition due to worn tumblers, just replaced keys.

It sounds to me like maybe you have had the locks recoded at some point. they cut a key by vin not by copying the key and they wanted to get the cost of there screw-up.

As far as the seat belt buckle, that's the advisor, not the techs or parts department tying to BS his way into selling you a new buckle from them.

There is only one connector on a Honda seat belt buckle and it is for the seat belt indicator and the pretensioner for SRS. there is no or never has been a chip that needs to be programed or anything of that nature.

send me a message if you ever have a question, and i would be happy to try and help out.
    Thats what I thought! Cause I have a buddy who does wheel alignments and gets used honda parts and he said I can just use any seat buckle. Why would there be a chip in it that has to relate to your cars vin #? It makes no sense. Thats why when i overheard him say that, I was thinking what, really? huh?

The funny thing is, the new and old keys look different, theyre not the same cut. So youre probably right, maybe they first tried to duplicate the key by vin # and not the actual key, it wouldnt work so they made it up saying the tumblers were worn...then replace them and after give me the key they just cut going by the vin # but didnt work.

Would there be any benefit to emailing their service right now or is it too late now? I have no doubt in my mind that my cousin got ripped off. If this is the case he wants to find out so he can never return to this dealer ever again.
    Last edited by maxwinedog; 03-05-2011 at 11:14 AM.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

-Go to Crowfoot Honda.... for nothing

-Go to Village Honda... for nothing

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this the same dealership? I always thought it was Crowfoot Village Honda
    Last edited by frozenrice; 03-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:47 AM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

My family (white) has had great luck at Honda West. same with Okotoks Honda. Then again were not really treated differently where we go.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by kaput
    I didn't read all that but I also don't know how they stay in business. I went in to their show room twice over the last few years ready to buy a car on the spot and both times they refused to even give me a test drive. Should have learned the first time. It was the most backwards illogical attempt at car sales I've ever seen. All I can say is at those clowns.
    Seriously, I walked in with a friend and test drove a CRZ the first week they had them (ditched buddy at dealership LOL). Had no problems and I was clearly not going to buy it As posted above i'm white too Sales guy was younger, not very knowledgable about cars but fairly helpful

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

-Go to Crowfoot Honda.... for nothing

-Go to Village Honda... for nothing
    May be you mean Calgary Honda?

Last Honda experience was a relative's 10 Accord from T&T. Easy to deal. Carcost invoice +$500 - all the factory rebates.

The one before that was Calgary Honda. Stiff on pricing but service is fine.

I never had successful dealing with Crawfoot even when I knew someone there. So I guess it's the sales manager being a hard ass.

Isn't there an Airdrie Honda now?

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

After my dealings with Village Honda, Crowfoot Village Honda when I bought a brand new car from them and the subsequent servicings of my car, I will never ever buy another Honda again.

I would rather blind myself than own another Honda after what this dealership put me through, not once but twice. I was younger and more naive when I bought my car and they taught me some really good life lessons, I even had the city police involved but because it was a civil matter they could not help me out.
    Between this dealership, and the stance that Honda Canada took they have lost my business for life.

In "some" fairness, Calgary Honda did try and redeem themselves with me, but at that time I was done with the brand.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:44 AM.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I used to have pretty good service when Calgary Honda. I used to deal with two specific service advisors that were nothing but great to deal with. One guy left to go work for Calgary BMW and shortly after they moved, the other guy I dealt with got promoted. The service advisors from that point on were all useless.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Sales manager at Crowfoot Honda told me that the majority of their customers are happy paying full sticker price on their cars because of their great service. I laughed, left, and bought my car from Honda West.

[url]

The thing i dont get is if the new key is cut differently, how is it able toi start the car? My guess is these guys didnt cut the original key at first, so they filed it down to make it fit.

we'll definitely be in touch with jeff and collette tommorw (service mgr and facilitator mgr). This seems very sketchy if you ask me.

My Ride
    Grimace

My mom got her pilot service there a few times but was not too impressed so she switched to honda west and has been much happier with her experiences there.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Crowfoot Honda has been good for me, not great, but good. Any problem they have been able to duplicate they have fixed. The infamous 3rd gear grind on 8th gen Si's they always report as 'unable to duplicate' so I gave up on that one. They replaced my crummy stock battery with another one after it died in approx one year. When the same symptoms resurfaced a year later they said the battery was fine. I replaced the battery with an Energizer from WalMart and anything battery related has been flawless for almost 2 years now. I really like the staff there, and my sales guy was great.