Quantcast
I'm going to Disneyland!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: I'm going to Disneyland!!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default I'm going to Disneyland!!!

Well, not yet, but I'm wanting to go in the summer. I haven't been there since I was a kid and I'm looking to go with someone else.

Firstly, is it worth the drive and staying in hotels/motels with only 2 people or would flying be a better option?

Also, who's has recently gone and who's got the best deals? So many different companies offering deals, I want to see what some people have done.

Finally, this will most likely be the first week in July so yeah, I know, peak season! Oh well, can't do much about that.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Depends what kind of trip you want. Do you want a road trip? Because the drive is really quite nice - but not everyone is into doing that, and staying in hotels.

Futhermore, with the distance and flight specials taken into consideration, it won't be any cheaper to drive.

hmm, calgary to paradise pier hotel in disneyland, shortest route according to google: 2,482kms, so driving 10+ hrs a day @ 1000km per day puts us there in 2.5 days. accounting for the drive back gives us 2 days to hit up the park....

i'm out

We just drove from Calgary to Vegas 2 weeks ago and Anaheim is really not that not much farther. Hotel's along the interstate are pretty cheap, but aside from that I don't think it's a drive I would do again. We took the Cardston route leaving Calgary, eventually taking the I-15 to Vegas and took I-15 all the way to Coutts coming back. The roads are quite shitty this time of the year so that made drive more unpleasant. If you have time to spare, I would take the scenic route through the coast and take your time.

My Ride
    335i

Westjet is offering direct flights to Anaheim. Although I've made the drive to that area 3 times, I wouldn't do it to save money. It's a nice drive in the summer, but to save money you'll need to split the cost with 4 people.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Westjet is offering direct flights to Anaheim. Although I've made the drive to that area 3 times, I wouldn't do it to save money. It's a nice drive in the summer, but to save money you'll need to split the cost with 4 people.
    ^^ this.

Flights are going to be cheaper, faster, and give you more time to enjoy in SOCAL

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Yeah, I was pretty keen on doing the drive because I wanted to do the road trip thing; however, it's more a time budget thing now. I go on break on the 30th and and want to be back for July 8th for opening weekend for Stampede.

I'm pretty sure the flight would give me more time to do the touristy thing and make it back in time for Stampede that weekend.

That being said, are the package deals any better or would I be better off just booking the flight from westjet and seeking my own accomodations and park passes etc.?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by benyl
    [
    Disneyland!!! That's going to be me on the plane after a few drinks!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

i'm starting to look into this too. but I think i'll be driving so far. I have a place to stay there and would rather have my own car there. I still might push this trip off for a bit or sooner to try and stay away from the peak season to go there

Definitely fly man, I don't think you're comprehending "peak season" at a Disney park. If you do plan on going you'll need all the time you can get to actually experience the parks. Also leverage the Fast Pass as much as you can so you're not waiting in 2-3 hour lines to get on the better rides. The problem is during peak season, you can get there at 10am get a fast pass for a ride where the return time is 7pm because the slots sell out so fast. I'm betting the crowds and line ups will get on your nerves fast, so I would plan on doing other things outside of Anaheim to break up the trip and save your sanity. Maybe drive to the beaches in LA.

I can't really comment on the deals though, not the best deal hunter myself.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Make sure u are there right as they are opening(7am i think?). You will easily get onto a couple of rides before the little kids get there and rush really starts to hit.

If you want to experience the park, i suggest u make it a 2-3 day thing.

There is so much stuff that i felt like there wasnt enough min in a day to see it all.

If you are looking to save money, see what you are allowed to bring in(food+drinks) it gets ridiculously expensive and since ull be there till 10-11pm its nice to not have to buy every meal at the park.