Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 52 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1418

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Jaime wanted him to be his right hand man.. there's also rumours of Bron and Cersei not getting along IRL. I suspect we'll see more of him soon in Jaimies next scene or two.
    Last edited by colsankey; 07-30-2017 at 09:27 AM.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Name:  THEON.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  25.8 KB
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

there's also rumours of Bron and Cersei not getting along URL. I suspect we'll see more of him soon in Haines next scene or two.
    Hah, that's no idle rumor either, when Lena Headey found out they'd cast her x-boyfriend as Bronn, they had to convince her not to quit the show. They did this by signing off on her not having to do scenes with him, nor be on the same shoot location on the same day, so she would have NO chance of bumping into him either at the hotel, on the street, or at work. Crazy huh. You can read about this in a few places, and it was a giant PITA for the crew to work around her "safe space". That said, who knows what actually happened between them, and Lena isn't really known as a "diva", but more of a "fun, easy going, party attending" type to work with. This is why I think they must have some pretty brutal history with one another, for her to go to such lengths, or more like make the producers and crew go to such lengths, to keep him away from her.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

This was a pretty fantastic episode!

John and Danny need to ��������

Spoiler:
    This episode really highlights how amateurish Danny and her army's are compared to the well seasoned and trained Jamie
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 07-30-2017 at 09:59 PM.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by RickDaTuner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was a pretty fantastic episode!

John and Danny need to ��������

Spoiler:
    This episode really highlights how amateurish Danny and her army's are compared to the well seasoned and trained Jamie
    jamie and euron, but mostly tyrion's overall plan about casterly rock, dorne and highgarden.

curious to see what happens next now that jamie knows the truth about his son's death

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    jamie and euron, but mostly tyrion's overall plan about casterly rock, dorne and highgarden.

curious to see what happens next now that jamie knows the truth about his son's death
    Dunno if I'm missing something. Was it important to the story regarding what he thought before he found out?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    Dunno if I'm missing something. Was it important to the story regarding what he thought before he found out?
    Jamie was the only one who trully loved Tyrion, and turned agaisnt him on the notion that he had poisoned Geoffrey, he also promised Cersie he would kill Tyrion.

Jamie will now try to save Tyrion, My guess is from
    danny herself, considering how Tyrion has single handedly lost three battalions of the Dragon army in the last two episodes.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Jaimie's still angry about Tyrion killing Tywin, I'm not sure if they'll reconcile or not at this point.. but it was interesting to see this secret revealed to Jaimie.

I agree, Danny's not going to be happy losing 2 fleets, a good chunk of her unsullied, the Tyrell allies, and having Dorn locked down in the corner without a fleet, but not sure what she does now.. feels pressured? I think it's a bit of a stiff armed plot point to just direct her north to the wall..

What I don't get is how Euron Greyjoy's fleet is at Casterly rock already.. its the other bloody side of the continent. No small feat considering he just went back to the Red keep to drop off his betrothal gifts. Either he's riding the same jet boats that Varris was accused of riding last year, or he split his fleet and the Tyrell, Dorne and "loyal" Greyjoy fleets combined are terrible.

The first few episodes of a new season generally lack any sort of excitement, but this season had been moving at a great pace. Can't wait to see all remaining Starks finally reunited at Winterfell.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    Jaimie's still angry about Tyrion killing Tywin, I'm not sure if they'll reconcile or not at this point.. but it was interesting to see this secret revealed to Jaimie.

I agree, Danny's not going to be happy losing 2 fleets, a good chunk of her unsullied, the Tyrell allies, and having Dorn locked down in the corner without a fleet, but not sure what she does now.. feels pressured? I think it's a bit of a stiff armed plot point to just direct her north to the wall..

What I don't get is how Euron Greyjoy's fleet is at Casterly rock already.. its the other bloody side of the continent. No small feat considering he just went back to the Red keep to drop off his betrothal gifts. Either he's riding the same jet boats that Varris was accused of riding last year, or he split his fleet and the Tyrell, Dorne and "loyal" Greyjoy fleets combined are terrible.
    True, but Tyrion would still be with them if Cersei hadn't blamed him for Joffrey's death, which resulted in Tywin sentencing him to die, all while taking Shae, which then lead to his death. I was really hoping she'd also point out that she also conspired with Littlefinger.

My guess is that Euron's fleet was split in half? That would make more sense to me.
    I am hoping the story doesn't force her North and ignore the problem down south, It would be cool if the Iron Bank changes their minds and puts their support on Dany and her army. The crown is long over due to repay their debts, I am surprised they are this lenient when they helped fund Stannis' campaign in season 2 or 3.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    True, but Tyrion would still be with them if Cersei hadn't blamed him for Joffrey's death, which resulted in Tywin sentencing him to die, all while taking Shae, which then lead to his death. I was really hoping she'd also point out that she also conspired with Littlefinger.

My guess is that Euron's fleet was split in half? That would make more sense to me.
    I am hoping the story doesn't force her North and ignore the problem down south, It would be cool if the Iron Bank changes their minds and puts their support on Dany and her army. The crown is long over due to repay their debts, I am surprised they are this lenient when they helped fund Stannis' campaign in season 2 or 3.
    Don't forget that they also just got Jon to dragonstone in an instant as well, and Jorah is healed...we're talking a serious time jump between episodes.

By taking Highgarden, she should have the gold to pay off Braavos now?

I have a feeling that the kingslayer is going to be the queenslayer by the end of it all...

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post

By taking Highgarden, she should have the gold to pay off Braavos now?
    Yeah, probably.
    I feel like Tyrion should have seen all this coming, though lol.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

They've out paced the books long ago, they need GRR to finish the last book so they can close out the tv series.

From a season of watching Theon get tortured to major shit going down briefly in 10 minutes time of every episode now this season, pretty crazy pace/timeline.

With the next episode being the middle of the season, they're going to outline the crazy shit that will go down in the final 2 episodes of this season.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Yeah, I understand that there is limited time and budget but the pace is at warp speed all the sudden. The downfall of the Greyjoys and the Tyrells deserve a little more time.

Littlefinger's speech was the worst ever. It sounded like really bad subtitles from an old cheesy kungfu movie. Be the littlefinger and the bigfinger and there is no finger........

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Thought just popped into my head. What if Tyrion is sabotaging the dragon lady? Trying to get back in the good graces of his family.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    They've out paced the books long ago, they need GRR to finish the last book so they can close out the tv series.

From a season of watching Theon get tortured to major shit going down briefly in 10 minutes time of every episode now this season, pretty crazy pace/timeline.

With the next episode being the middle of the season, they're going to outline the crazy shit that will go down in the final 2 episodes of this season.

I think they're well past giving two shits if GRR finishes the books. He won't, and he doesn't have to, as he has told them how it will end.

Kind of odd they let two of their armies be destroyed by Euron already and they could just be sending the dragons out to burn his boats.

We also know that the Lannisters have a ballista that can kill dragons, so the foreshadowing suggests they will lose at least one in that fight. Not sure if we'll get the sweet dragons vs white-walkers battle that was so hyped, since Dany seems uninterested and provided another solution (the dragon glass).

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Thought just popped into my head. What if Tyrion is sabotaging the dragon lady? Trying to get back in the good graces of his family.
    It crossed my mind once or twice. But it would be out of character for him to do so. I think, like Varys, has become less self-serving over the seasons and legitimately wants Danaerys on the Throne. From his point of view, Dany would be the first stable ruler since Robert. He knows that Cersei still thinks he killed Joffrey and he still their father, and mother technically, which Cersei is still mad about. I think it's a lost cause to try and re-stabilize a relationship from years of hatred only to buy time until Cersei probably decides to kill Tyrion after she gets what she wants.

But from his performance on the strategic front, he's doing so poorly, it almost seems like sabotage lol. Who knows.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Kind of odd they let two of their armies be destroyed by Euron already and they could just be sending the dragons out to burn his boats.

We also know that the Lannisters have a ballista that can kill dragons, so the foreshadowing suggests they will lose at least one in that fight. Not sure if we'll get the sweet dragons vs white-walkers battle that was so hyped, since Dany seems uninterested and provided another solution (the dragon glass).
    and then they will have 2 dragons, one for Dany and one for Jon...its gonna happen. Bet Jon get's Rhaegar..

My Ride
    ute

The whole "story" and "plotpoints" are just an excuse for the character drama side of things. The store as silly as it sounds, should be ignored. (I say this as a fan of the show):

- Jon Snow takes a boat to see dragon lady from the north in like 5 minutes? wut?
    - The tyrell's are like, "hey we've got all this gold, let's leave it unguarded, what could possibly go wrong?"
    - euron just magically appears with about 10,000 ships at the right place at the right time because they seemed to forget he existed?
    - fatso reads a couple of books and becomes expert surgeon, and none of the other guys have the guts to try it for centuries? wut?

There are HUNDREDS of these types of things in the show.

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast