Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1418

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

You guys must all be movie editors or something. What the fuck did you watch? That was awesome!!!! My wife and I were tense/anxious the entire time. Do you guys not enjoy anything in life???
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The action was great, the storyline wasn't. Every 5 minutes my wife and I were asking why the fuck they "werent doing this", or "how are these halls/rooms so empty?"

You'd think they'd at least been smart enough to make some glass arrows, and you know, not have one of the dragons just sitting on a wall while thousands of zombies are just standing around waiting for orders.
    Exactly how my wife and I felt.

Poor usage of characters/plot to justify giving final screentime to some characters. There were so many examples of this.

Spoiler:

- Daenerys flying her dragon down to the ground only to be fucking swarmed by undead just because the writers wanted to put her in a dire situation so Jorah could have his moment and death.
    - The usage of the dragons was seriously 0/10. It pissed me off because they were so stupid with them, all because poor writing and poor justification.
    - Jon fucking Snow surviving the new wave of undead. Like wtf.
    - Jon fucking Snow sitting on a dragon on the wall not helping anyone or doing anything. Everyone was calling to light the trench and the writers decide to just have him sit there picking his asshole.
    - Jon fucking Snow yelling at a dragon as if he was going to turn SSJ4
    - Arya killing the NK when she has literally no connection to. Just so unfulfilling.
    - Bran going on his acid trip with no explanation. Figured it would be an ace up his sleeve to turn the tide, nope.
    - The whole episode or rather the whole NK storyline coming to a anticlimactic ending which served no purpose but to essentially eliminate the size of Daenerys' and the North's army so Cersei can be the final boss. So done with Cersei I have no more fucks to give her.

My Ride
    ute

The entire Night King aspect of GoT was essentially bad story telling by George RR Martin. Basically two unrelated plots in the show/books for no reason.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    You guys must all be movie editors or something. What the fuck did you watch? That was awesome!!!! My wife and I were tense/anxious the entire time. Do you guys not enjoy anything in life???
    I enjoyed the action, and the episode overall, but there was just piss poor writing that made no sense.

I dont quite agree. To me GoT is all about individuals fighting for power for themselves. The night king story brings together many people to fight for a greater cause then themselves.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Action was super cool but I have to agree, the story aspect and reasoning behind a lot of things in the episode didn't feel like they had the same reasoning/thought behind them. And Arya apparently has level 100 Sneak out of no where.

Then again, they basically have had to make up their Season 8 because George hasn't written an ending. And it shows.
    Ultracrepidarian

A central cavalry charge against larger numbers with minimal artillery support you can't see did provide a very good, albeit harrowing, visual but represents some godawful battle tactics. I get needing to cut down on CGI and the need for expensive horse riding extras, but it's a shame the Dothraki were finally beaten on an open field because of budget management. Maybe also use a bit more than a few volleys from your artillery.

Clearly no Total War players were overseeing the making of this episode.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Action was super cool but I have to agree, the story aspect and reasoning behind a lot of things in the episode didn't feel like they had the same reasoning/thought behind them. And Arya apparently has level 100 Sneak out of no where.

Then again, they basically have had to make up their Season 8 because George hasn't written an ending. And it shows.
    Im pretty sure that GRRM has an ending thought out, and now it's just the middle pieces to get there..
    I actually think the episode would have been 10x better had it been shot with more light, and the Battle of the Bastards was a better battle in my mind. The dothraki part was pretty amazing to watch and cranked the tension, but the rest of it was way too dark. Add on shitty Crave at 720p, and i had zero fukin idea what was happening half the time

My Ride
    ute

They should have titled the episode "Battle of Contrast" or "You Should have Kept Your Plasma"

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

I recall she said some sort of stealth or power after her assassin training. And it did appear, she moves silently.

Did anyone notice their TVs struggling? My cheap tv didn’t want to show the blacks well and it looked pixilated too often.

Good ep, quality of my tv ruined it lol.

Does Bram have no powers other than creeping?

Edit: yes two posts up tv strugglefucks lol

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

The Dothraki charging in was dumb/sad but at the same time all hyped up with flaming swords and charging in on their horses was their style of fighting. But more so it was used to convey how fucked everyone was and what was looming in the darkness.

You can go back and forth with why did they do it this way, or why didn't they do this? but TV/books.... fly the dragons down into the darkness and light shit up, uh oh all the generals are waiting with their ice javelins and just killed both dragons, turning the tides to an ultimate insta loss. Who knows, in the end I thought everything was nicely done and all the main characters who died had good deaths.

I'll agree it was unfulfilling to not have a fight or show down between Jon and the Night King but again, if you're the night king why level the battle ground with what could be a fair fight or even advantageous fight for Jon who has a Valerian steel sword and possibly more skilled than the night king, when you can just do what you do and raise the dead and let them deal with it. For a series that has never played out in standard tv/movie fashion, everyone sure is surprised it's not a cookie cutter product.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

This episode needs a 4k blu ray with dolby vision because of the lighting. I actually had to torrent a 4gb 1080p file after the initial 500mb one was impossible to watch with all the black crushed out.

Can definitely tell Martin isn't writing it. Dragons doing dumbest shit, and Arya kills the king? Like fuck off.

I mean, it was ok. Just clearly being written by Hollywood now. No main characters died.

Also, holy fucking plot device with the red lady. Her motivations/point of existing/reason for doing anything are never really made clear.

AND IF JON SNOW IS A TARGARYAN WHY DOESNT HE JUST SAY FUCK YOU TO THE DRAGON AND SLICE ITS SHIT?

Fire shouldnt hurt him, and he is 100% convinced he is one. I hope either Jon kills Daenerys for the throne, or vice versa.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

There's still 3 more episodes left, gotta have some of the main characters left to die and live at the end. I did expect Jaime to die in last nights episode but he's evidently going to play into something with Cersei most likely.

We're probably going to get the Cleganebowl since the Hound survived, Bronn was already sent by Cersei to kill Tyrion so there's that underlying factor, and there's still smaller underlying main characters who can die to pull at peoples heart strings...greyworm, podrick, etc.

Jon just found out he's a Targaryen like 2 days ago, ayo Jon you know everything about your bloodline instantly now right? Yeah charge that dragon who can just stomp you with one motion...lul lets forget how fucking big the dragon is, at least he won't get burnt to a crisp right? especially since he's only a half blood Targaryen so who knows if he is fire retardant #YOLO

Pretty sure both my wife and i had a legitimate panic/anxiety attacks the first 20 mins or so while waiting for the action to start.

If you haven't seen it already, would suggest taking an ativan/xanax before lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Im pretty sure that GRRM has an ending thought out, and now it's just the middle pieces to get there..
    I actually think the episode would have been 10x better had it been shot with more light, and the Battle of the Bastards was a better battle in my mind. The dothraki part was pretty amazing to watch and cranked the tension, but the rest of it was way too dark. Add on shitty Crave at 720p, and i had zero fukin idea what was happening half the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    They should have titled the episode "Battle of Contrast" or "You Should have Kept Your Plasma"
    LOL

good to know it wasn't just me. My TV isn't THAT old but was seriously contemplating upgrading after watching that.

Episode was a bit of a roller coaster IMO. Lots of good, lots of bad.

First of all, the quality of the HBO feed was so bad it was borderline unwatchable at times. I downloaded a copy after the fact just to check and it was no different. Thought it might have just been me but tons of people were complaining about it online - unacceptable for an episode that was basically shot in the dark IMHO. I would have probably liked the episode a lot more if I could have seen any detail whatsoever in the shadows and if everything didn't look so obviously green-screened because of it. Hats off to millesandre making it so I could actually see some of the episode Several other episodes with battles in it were better than this one IMO.

The night king and the people in Winterfell have to be the worst strategists imaginable haha. Normally, this is something the show goes out of it's way to be good about which is why it stands out. I enjoyed it but it didn't live up to the hype, for me anyway.

So many questions:

- Before the red woman came and lit them up (which nobody knew would happen), the Dothraki did not have valyrian steel arakhs nor did they have dragonglass weapons, and they were front-line. Everyone knew they wouldn't even be able to kill a single walker - Were they knowingly being sacrificed or what? Even when their weapons were lit, they sent only the Dothraki against the entire undead army. WTF? It was cool how the lights were all were extinguished though, definitely set the tone of "oh shit", but they knowingly got sent to their death, on purpose, in the dark, by themselves, and the original plan was for 100% of them to die with zero wights dying before the Red Woman showed up. They just Leyroy Jenkin'd in and all died in less than 1 minute.

- Bran, once again, did literally nothing. He just sat there playing Microsoft Raven Simulator. Thought he might give battlefield intel to his allies from the ravens - nope. Thought he might have some cool dialogue with the NK - nope. Thought he might whip out a dagger for the NK - nope. Thought it might have been Arya morphing to look like Bran (we knew she would kill the NK, foreshadowed multiple times) - nope. Just Bran sitting there doing what he has done for 8 seasons, literally nothing. What is the point of Bran? Every season that seems to be the question, and here we are at the end.

- They know the NK can raise they dead - why did they hide the women and children in the crypt? One of the most unsafe areas in the entire castle given who the enemy is. I was asking that after the second episode when they were discussing where people would go and was wondering what I wasn't understanding. Maybe they forgot? Bit of an oversight Lol.

- When the trench is lit, why are both sides sitting there staring at each other doing literally nothing? Dragons not doing anything, archers not doing anything, no spears poking the front line, etc. They just wait until the undead figure out how to pass it, and it's not like it would burn forever anyway. Complete waste. Also if they needed light, they had 2 fire breathing dragons sitting around doing nothing until much later.

- Why didn't the NK send his dragon into Winterfell way earlier when nobody could see anything? Or use it to attack their 100% undefended front line? Both sides barely even used the dragons when they could have turned the tides of the battle either way. Kind of disappointing the dragons barely even played a role, but I guess the focus is on the characters. The NK blew the biggest lead in any battle I've ever seen haha, especially after he raised his second army.

- All the siege weapons were in front of the army? All the soldiers in front of the barricades? Send only your Calvary into the dark unknown with weapons they already know can't kill the enemy? It's like they knew how to fight a battle in every episode except this one.

Some hilarious individual battles though, a surprising amount of people survived, I thought they'd kill more off:

- Jon 1v1'ing the dragon, Jon trying to 1v1 the NK, Jon 1v a million when the second army got raised haha (it was at that point you knew 100% for sure the NK was dying this episode).
    - Sam Tarley on a pile of bodies just stabbing left and right, looked like he died about 3 times but he was an absolute wrecking machine
    - Breanne and Jamie looked like they died about 3 times each as well
    - Props to the little Mormont girl
    - Greyworm surviving the front line for the entire episode

Anyway, it would be tough to orchestrate an episode like that and there will always be things they could have done better so it's easy to criticize, but given how well most other episodes of the show were done, to me it seemed like a bit of a departure from the effort they usually put in. The S08E02 was one of the best episodes of the entire season IMO, maybe I was just too hyped from that. I still enjoyed it. First 10 min especially was extremely tense, then the rest of it didn't really live up. Arya in the library reminded me of Jurassic Park and the raptor scene haha. Soundtrack was 10/10 as per usual from Ramin Djawadi. I also think it was cool that Beric basically survived all this time and was resurrected so many times just so he could end up saving Arya so she could fulfill her prophecy and kill the NK.

Predictions:

- Cleganebowl is still very much on the table
    - Tyrion is around to possibly kill Bron
    - Jamie is around to possibly kill Cersei
    - Any subsequent battle might seem a little anti-climatic now that the North has been widdled down to ~15 people and they don't like using the dragons haha. Euron has a dragon horn too. I guess the North still has Theon's sister and that one other army I forget the name of.
    - They went out of their way to mention multiple times that the Golden Company has never betrayed anyone, suggesting they might betray Cersei.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-29-2019 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Arya couldn't have morphed into Bran -- he has the NK's mark on his arm (though this would have been really cool if it could work). I'm really waiting for Bran's time to shine, it could be cool. What that is exactly though I don't know, he's basically Morpheous/Robot Human. He was able to flesh out a bit more about why the NK exists, who Jon really is etc.

A lot of this season has way less story and more "alright gang lets wrap this thing up quick n' dirty like". The dragon battle was sweet! And little Lyanna Mormont killing the giant, that was bad ass.

The black banding I thought was my shitty internet or something using Crave to stream (cuz plasma did dick all to help). Apparently not just me.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Fire shouldnt hurt him, and he is 100% convinced he is one. I hope either Jon kills Daenerys for the throne, or vice versa.
    I was waiting for Danarys to set fire to a zombie covered Jon to save him, but nope.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I was waiting for Danarys to set fire to a zombie covered Jon to save him, but nope.
    Jon has +99 Plot Armour

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    LOL

good to know it wasn't just me. My TV isn't THAT old but was seriously contemplating upgrading after watching that.

i was staying in a hotel so i watched on my macbook, couldn't see 85% of the episode....

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 ... LastLast