Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    rally pig

^haha awesome, made me LOL at work!

that will sell like hot cakes for sure.

Poor Hodor. G.R.R.M has made it clear in every one of his interviews that no character is safe though, so I'm glad they didn't kill off any other person whose story is actually interesting.

Also WTF was with the scene immediately after the play? I was definitely caught off guard haha. Totally unnecessary. If you're going to do that, at least ditch the close-up haha.

Does anyone else not care about Bran's story at all? It has been mind-numbingly boring for the past 6 seasons IMHO. I could not care less what happens there and I hope they just kill him off. Give me more dragons

Last couple episodes have been really good though minus the time wasted on Bran.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-24-2016 at 01:35 PM.

^

Yah until Bran either can stop the white walkers, or has a flash back showing that it was jon snow in that tower who is the rhaegers son who is then half stark half targaryen, can ride dragons right ful king to the throne and fire can't stop him ahhhhhhhhh

But who knows... maybe he gets prison shanked like all those poor dire wolves, what did they do anyone lol

Oh yeah I have forgot how many dire wolves they have killed off - does anyone even have one left? Bran's is gone, I think Sansa's is dead. Can't remember what happened to Arya's. Does Jon still have his? I can't even remember now.

I believe Jon and Aryas are the only two left alive. Ghost sticks with snow and Neymeira (sp?) hasn't been seen since she bit geoffry i believe. Other 4 are chopped down

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Oh yeah I have forgot how many dire wolves they have killed off - does anyone even have one left? Bran's is gone, I think Sansa's is dead. Can't remember what happened to Arya's. Does Jon still have his? I can't even remember now.
    Ghost is still around yeah. Rickon's (shaggydog) is dead, Arya forced hers to run away a long time ago if I remember correctly. I believe Ghost is the only one left.

What a completely useless plot point those wolves turned out to be.

Originally posted by kertejud2
    Was it ever really a plot point, even in the books? They are kind of just like insignificant characters that play a minor role, which the books have dozens of. Very little air time seems to be wasted on them and they look kind of cool haha.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Does anyone else not care about Bran's story at all? It has been mind-numbingly boring for the past 6 seasons IMHO. I could not care less what happens there and I hope they just kill him off. Give me more dragons

Last couple episodes have been really good though minus the time wasted on Bran.
    Brans story arch might be very crucial to the story, now that we now know what he can do and what the White Walkers can do.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

I hated Bran's storyline in season 4, but now I enjoy his flashbacks. Give me more flashbacks!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Man there better be a further tower of joy flashback, or i'll really feel like it was a big tease with no payout

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    Man there better be a further tower of joy flashback, or i'll really feel like it was a big tease with no payout
    I don't think they'll show too much of it, but rather explain the back story in other flash backs. Gotta save something for the eventual movie prequel of the Mad King/Robert's Rebellion/Tower of Joy/etc.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by holden

I don't think they'll show too much of it, but rather explain the back story in other flash backs. Gotta save something for the eventual movie prequel of the Mad King/Robert's Rebellion/Tower of Joy/etc.
    Well, they better be making some connections with Spoiler:
    r+l=J
    or the whole thing was a waste

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Brans story arch might be very crucial to the story, now that we now know what he can do and what the White Walkers can do.
    I hope so, they spent long enough building it up haha.

What can he do? He can just see into the past? I haven't read the books so there is probably a lot of detail I don't know regarding his abilities. I guess he can control Hodor too, so that might be a clue if he can do that on a larger scale.

Did we learn something new about the white walkers? They looked the same to me but again I'm probably missing something. Only the important ones seemed to be able to walk through fire, but then later in the tunnels under the trees, all the underlings seemed unphased by the fire.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

What can he do? He can just see into the past? I haven't read the books so there is probably a lot of detail I don't know regarding his abilities. I guess he can control Hodor too, so that might be a clue if he can do that on a larger scale.

Did we learn something new about the white walkers? They looked the same to me but again I'm probably missing something. Only the important ones seemed to be able to walk through fire, but then later in the tunnels under the trees, all the underlings seemed unphased by the fire.
    We did learn that the white walkers were created by those children of the forest. I think Bran will try to "travel" to the past and try to fix something but end up fucken something up again hah. Like driving the mad king mad by trying to talk to him.

Originally posted by ArjayAquino

We did learn that the white walkers were created by those children of the forest. I think Bran will try to "travel" to the past and try to fix something but end up fucken something up again hah. Like driving the mad king mad by trying to talk to him.
    There is a conspiracy going around that Bran will:

Spoiler:
    Travel back in time to build the wall. Hence why the person who built the wall is known as Bran the Builder, founder of House Stark

My Ride
    '03 ep3

That direwolf CGI must be expensive.

Naw man, that scene right after the play....That chick had the most perfect tits I've ever seen.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Spoiler:
    Travel back in time to build the wall. Hence why the person who built the wall is known as Bran the Builder, founder of House Stark
    That's what I've been reading as well:

Spoiler:
    We already know that Bran Stark can Greensight into the past and interact with it. After this episode we now know that Bran's interactions with the past are affecting the current timeline - Hence why Hodor can only say Hodor for the rest of his life. This opens up the theory that Bran has bee secretly manipulating events that led up to the current state of Westeros.

Some theories say that King Aerys' madness came from Bran Stark Greensighting to that timeline. He may be the one warning Aerys about The Others and to 'Burn them all'. Causing him to go insane and burn Rickard and Brandon Stark at the stake causing the Rebellion.

Another theory suggests that be may be a remnant of previous Bran Starks throughout hisory. Like Bran the Builder, who some say is Bran of the present who created his own house and built the wall.

In the book, Bran's nurse/Hodors mother Nan mentioned that she encountered various Brans throughout her life, all of which seemed like the same person:

"Sometimes Nan would talk to him as if he were her Brandon, the baby she had nursed all those years ago, and sometimes she confused him with his uncle Brandon, who was killed by the Mad King before Bran was even born. She had lived so long, Mother had told him once, that all the Brandon Starks had become one person in her head."

With this in mind, Bran can be the key to everything that is currently happening opening up the idea that Bran has been manipulating the past events this whole time which led up to now.

SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Originally posted by kertejud2
    ? Really?

When Sansa's died, it was reflective of her giving up on being a Stark because she wanted to be a princess so bad.

When Robb's died, it was his ending and reign as king of the north.

When Arya set hers free, she set herself free. Nymeria now leads a pack of regular wolves that harass small villages/camps and has claimed her own independence - like Arya.

I'm not sure what Rickon's is supposed to symbolize (i'm not 100% convinced that is actually Shaggydog... there are mumblings that the family who captured Rickon may be trying to overthrow ramsey from the inside and using Rickon as bait, but that's just a theory)

Jon's wolf, Ghost, is the runt of the pack - like he is the bastard.

When Bran's died - Summer, it symbolized that Winter is no longer coming, Winter is here. Ergo - Summer is over.

But yeah, you're right, none of them had any meanings.

Spoiler:
    There is also the rumor that
    Spoiler:
    Bran the builder is actually the Night's King ...

Should be interesting.
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 05-24-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

This Hodor thing is almost as weird as stoneheart. I really hope that most things will come to some conclusions when it ends.

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast