Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1418

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Dothraki should never have been in the fight. They should have been south, in await for Cercei's army.
    Well if they didn't defeat the NK, there would be no fight to even have in the South haha. Given what we know now though and they were intentionally sacrificed, yeah they might as well have held back rather than suicided.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    To be fair, very little in that episode made sense, what stood out in in particular:

- Dothraki on the front line without dragon glass or valyrian steel. Before red woman showed up unannounced, they were about to purposely send them in with a 0% chance of killing a single wight.
    - Army in front of barricades, siege weapons in front of barricades, siege weapons only fired once, wasting all your undefended Calvary with a head on charge into darkness, women & children in the freakin crypt against people they know raise the dead etc.

Also lots of people were "protecting" other people, even though they were all 1 minute from death - wouldn't be out of place for Jon to do so for Arya IMHO, especially since he's still her big brother. But I generally agree with the others, I don't think he was yelling "Go" at Arya, but I guess nobody knows for sure.
    One volley was the thing that stuck out to me immediately, not to mention that they just had the Dothraki rush into the dark with no idea what happened. On top of that Ghost was in that first rush, but somehow survived?

Then as I thought about it, having the army in front of the barricades was really silly since it creates a chokepoint for their own retreat. And then once they finally light the trench, nobody on the wall bothers to fire any arrows or anything while the dead's army just stood in front of them.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    One volley was the thing that stuck out to me immediately, not to mention that they just had the Dothraki rush into the dark with no idea what happened. On top of that Ghost was in that first rush, but somehow survived?

Then as I thought about it, having the army in front of the barricades was really silly since it creates a chokepoint for their own retreat. And then once they finally light the trench, nobody on the wall bothers to fire any arrows or anything while the dead's army just stood in front of them.
    It’s. A.TV. Show.

Not a “how to be a tactical General on the battlefield” guide.
    It was designed to create suspense, which it did.

Lol... this thread.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Is it confirmed the Dothraki didn’t have dragon glass? They’re weapons looked like they had been modified to me... same shape they are used to but the blades were black?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    It’s. A.TV. Show.

Not a “how to be a tactical General on the battlefield” guide.
    It was designed to create suspense, which it did.

Lol... this thread.
    I understand it's a TV show, but there has to be an element of believability to the events. It's not like I'm saying "Dragons don't exist. This battle is bullshit." I'm saying that when the event is planned by, what are supposed to be, strong military minds, like Jamie Lannister, you would expect some semblance of sound military strategy. Instead, they basically sacrifice 20% of their fighting force (conservatively). The logic leap that it takes to understand that blunder pulls the viewer out of the show.

The same logic leap that applies when you ask why none of the supposedly smart people on the side of the living never thought to connect the Night King's ability to raise the dead with the dead bodies that are kept in Winterfell's crypt, supposedly the safest place in Winterfell.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I would just say that my feelings of episode 3 as this (if we're not already assuming spoiler alerts are a given, then SPOILER ALERT):

The Battle of Winterfell was good filmmaking, just bad storytelling. As the climax to the Night King angle, I feel like the Battle was a letdown. Bran continued this arc where he's kinda this monotone waste of space that served no real purpose, not even from an spying/intelligence standpoint. Warging (is that how it's spelled?) into a raven to watch the battle from above helped nobody and leaves Theon and the rest of the Ironborn to defend the human equivalent of a sack of potatoes.

Melissandre's death was the most frustrating thing because the payoff was so minimal.

If the Battle of Winterfell is supposed to serve the purpose of being a battlecry to unite the other families of Westeros against the Cersei Lannister, I can get behind that. But that should've happened in season 7. I'm far more intrigued by what happens in Winterfell now that the North has lost probably half, if not more, of their forces. Not to mention that a number of Houses are now extinct (the Umbers and Mormonts come to mind).

The Golden Company is supposed to be this big bad mercenary army, but with three episodes left, how big of a role can they possibly play?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I understand it's a TV show, but there has to be an element of believability to the events. It's not like I'm saying "Dragons don't exist. This battle is bullshit." I'm saying that when the event is planned by, what are supposed to be, strong military minds, like Jamie Lannister, you would expect some semblance of sound military strategy. Instead, they basically sacrifice 20% of their fighting force (conservatively). The logic leap that it takes to understand that blunder pulls the viewer out of the show.

The same logic leap that applies when you ask why none of the supposedly smart people on the side of the living never thought to connect the Night King's ability to raise the dead with the dead bodies that are kept in Winterfell's crypt, supposedly the safest place in Winterfell.
    If you want a quick lesson on the stupidity of battle break open a few history books. So many major battles in history have colossal dipshit moves like taking turns exchanging single shot gun fire with the goal of outlasting the other army or sending in a wave of Calvary to extinguish arrow supply.

It’s a tv show yes, but it’s not that far out to lunch with how battles went down in history (minus the whole dragons, frozen zombies and magical telepathic raven jazz)

In Changping half a million dead because they charged away from supplies to destroy the retreating army while a small group went around the battle, destroyed all the supplies so the 400k opposing forces had no food or water. Boom, lose the war because you’re stupid even though you outnumbered them by 5 to 1.

1415 the French were waiting out Henry the V’s army watching them starve but become irrationally upset when they saw the English flags flying so Charles d’Albret decided to attack. His army moves across rain flooded clay making them easy targets for archers and their gear was so weighed down from the march they were slaughtered. The English lost less than 100 soldiers while the French lost an entire army.

Napoleons stupidity in Moscow, Custer in little big horn, Hitler in Stalingrad, the list goes on and on. Like mentioned before, pride is one cold bitch.
    Last edited by Kavy; 05-05-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Your versus you’re iPhone autocorrects
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That's a stupid way to kill another dragon. If the production is that expensive, I'd rather it died off in Winterfell.
    Get your big bird to fly high and drop some turd on your enemy, not straight in the line of sight you dumb dumb.

My Ride
    ute

overall a MUCH better episode.

Although...how do you hide a whole fleet of ships?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    overall a MUCH better episode.

Although...how do you hide a whole fleet of ships?
    Yeah, that pretty much makes her the worst leader in battle possible; on top of her poor army planning last ep. Misses seeing an entire fleet from the sky, then sees one dragon go down and blindly just keeps flying straight at it with no plan.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

That dragon went down mighty easily

My Ride
    Trucks

I doubt they could fire straight up. Should have hovered and dropped flaming shit bombs.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    I doubt they could fire straight up. Should have hovered and dropped flaming shit bombs.
    or just looped around behind them, can't imagine they would be able to shoot through their sails. its just TV though right lol

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Biggest news about the episode seems to be about a rogue Starbucks cup.
    Ultracrepidarian

So who does everyone think is going to end up as King/Queen by the end?

Better yet, can a mod add a poll to this thread?
    - Dany
    - Jon
    - Cersei
    - Sansa
    - Arya
    - Jaime
    - Tyrion
    - Bram
    - Other
    - None

My money is on Sansa at this point

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Sansa would be great. It could play back to the beginning when she said something like "it was all I've ever wanted"
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Silverado

I'm predicting that exactly what we think will happens is what happens.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Whatever the typical TV trope is, is what will happen, because this season is full of them.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Biggest news about the episode seems to be about a rogue Starbucks cup.
    LOL, saw this shit on my news feed

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I’m still waiting for something surprising to happen, rather disappointed with this season as far as surprises go. Was hoping for ned stark to find a way back as the faceless man or something.

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 ... LastLast