Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 71 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

Yerp. My pants need changing, I had an awesomegasm. I now cannot WAIT for this to broadcast :O

Geek

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I'm still curious to see how epic they can make it on a TV miniseries budget.. effects have come a long way, but far enough to do this book justice? hmmm

Looks like they made some good casting calls though.. should be a pretty good series. Great source material to wok from, in any case.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by b_t

Looks like they made some good casting calls though.
    Sean Bean is epic in anything he does. But I have to agree, the casting is really well done, I can tell even without them saying names who some of the characters are just from mannerisms.
    Geek

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

I think they will skip over a number of "smaller" events, but it will be awesome.

And to add to this, the fifth book is out June 12th!

SO EXCITED!

My Ride
    '03 ep3

^^ About time. At this rate he will pull a Robert Jordan and never finish.

Been following the Show since GRRM announced it on his blog. Can't wait as I have read the series countless times. I am going through it on Audiobook now.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by Bizzareo
    I think they will skip over a number of "smaller" events, but it will be awesome.

And to add to this, the fifth book is out June 12th!

SO EXCITED!
    Really? Still excited... it's been what now, seven years??

I was right into this series but the wait over the next book has become ridiculous.

Either way, very excited for the tv series... great choice to but Bean in there... the dude is built for Medieval.
    Last edited by Tram Common; 03-07-2011 at 04:51 PM.

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

Originally posted by Tram Common

Really? Still excited... it's been what now, seven years??

I was right into this series but the wait over the next book has become ridiculous.

Either way, very excited for the tv series... great choice to but Bean in there... the dude is built for Medieval.
    I just read the series over the past two years, so fortunately I haven't had to wait very long...

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Hmm, interesting. No mention of the direwolves at all in that trailer or any preview to Robb Starks storyline.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Can't wait, absolutely loved the series.

Hope he actually releases the fifth book this year though, the release date has been pushed back so many times that I'll hold my excitement until it's actually published.

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
    ^^ About time. At this rate he will pull a Robert Jordan and never finish.
    Have you read books 12 / 13 by Brandon Sandersen yet? He did a great job of picking up where Robert Jordan left off, and books 12 / 13 are probably two of my favorites in the entire series.
    Go Flames!

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by bball2

Have you read books 12 / 13 by Brandon Sandersen yet? He did a great job of picking up where Robert Jordan left off, and books 12 / 13 are probably two of my favorites in the entire series.
    This is a BIT of a , but Brandon Sanderson also has his own series starting up. The series is "The Stormlight Archive" and the first book, published at the end of last year, is The Way Of Kings.... and I have to say, it's bloody brilliant
    Geek

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by b_t
    I'm still curious to see how epic they can make it on a TV miniseries budget.. effects have come a long way, but far enough to do this book justice? hmmm
    They did spend $5-10 million making the first episode. The per episode cost is being estimated at $4.5 million. From the sneak peaks the set design and costumes look awesome. I just hope the SFX are better than the first season of Spartacus. That was pure cheese.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by mac_82

They did spend $5-10 million making the first episode. The per episode cost is being estimated at $4.5 million. From the sneak peaks the set design and costumes look awesome. I just hope the SFX are better than the first season of Spartacus. That was pure cheese.
    Well, if they can match the production value of Rome and/or Band of Brothers, then we are in for one HELL of a good series
    Geek

So what happens in 2015 when HBO wraps season 5 of Game of Thrones and is looking for material to shoot season 6? Here are the Ice and Fire publishing dates:

Game of Thrones 1996
    Clash of Kings 1998
    Storm of Swords 2000
    Feast for Crows 2005!
    Dance of Dragons 2011 (maybe)

Predicted date of book 6 is 2018.

I am already boycotting the books, I will probably boycott the HBO show as well.

Anyone want to buy Books 1 thru 4, first Ed and signed by Tons of Fun Martin?

A Dance with Dragons is set to release July 2011 the publisher actually set a date.

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by Alterac
    A Dance with Dragons is set to release July 2011 the publisher actually set a date.

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html
    They set a date back in 2009 and look how well that went. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but Martin needs to get his shit together with regards to some sort of professional consistency.

I've been saying it for years now, Sanderson will be the next big fantasy/sci-fi name. Warbreaker is an absolute must read.

Exactly Tram. They have set "publishing dates" a few times.

Don't forget, A Feast for Crows was split in half and released. He was pressured to put something out. That means in 2005, A Dance with Dragons was half done. It has taken 6 years so far for him to write half of a book. This book will be as shitty as Feast was, because once again, he is being pressured. Wait until HBO adds some pressure.

/holdbackrant

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I haven't found a doorstopper fantasy series yet that hasn't completely fallen apart when it comes to the end part of the story. Wheel of Time is probably the most famous case.. it got so bad, the author died! Not a big deal though because WoT fucking sucked anyways.

The only guy who looks like he might be able to follow through on his ideas in a reasonable timeframe is Steven Erikson with the Malazan books.

A Song of Fire and Ice.. great stuff for the genre but... Why can't guys just write trilogies instead..

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

This weekend o_O So excited

Also, b_t, the Malazan series rocks I found it a couple of years ago, went out and bought all the books after buying the first two on impulse. Read em all in a couple of months. Can't wait for new ones
    Geek

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by b_t
    I haven't found a doorstopper fantasy series yet that hasn't completely fallen apart when it comes to the end part of the story. Wheel of Time is probably the most famous case.. it got so bad, the author died! Not a big deal though because WoT fucking sucked anyways.

The only guy who looks like he might be able to follow through on his ideas in a reasonable timeframe is Steven Erikson with the Malazan books.

A Song of Fire and Ice.. great stuff for the genre but... Why can't guys just write trilogies instead..
    You should keep reading the Wheel of Time... it did get bad but Sanderson's finale is, thus far, amazing.

I haven't read any of the Malazan series but I've heard good things.

To stay on-topic though, I'm still excited for this series... I really wonder how "true-to-the-book" it will be.

I hope it's not another Lord of the Rings catastrophe. I still can't believe they axed Tom Bombadil and Glorfindel...

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Originally posted by Tram Common

You should keep reading the Wheel of Time... it did get bad but Sanderson's finale is, thus far, amazing.

Agreed, the last two books are some of my favorites of the entire series

And Sandersen is already making good progress on the final book which should be released around this time next year.
    Go Flames!

Page 1 of 71 1 2 11 ... LastLast