Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 38 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

How could they ruin the show like that? The walk of shame was hardcore!

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ dont worry red womans gonna bring snow back to life. Theres a reason shes at the wall.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Originally posted by soupey
    sighs.... what a shitty ending to that episode, i gotta read the books to get ahead of this show.

well, they sure as hell redefined what a walk of shame is.
    The books aren't really ahead. In some places it is and others not so much.

This whole show is a clusterfuck right now. He was the only character worth a damn on the show and they royally fucked that up.

And Kit Harrington is done as Jon Snow. So even is Melisandre does a Thoros of Myr and brings him back to life it will be a completely different actor. There was an interview with Kit Harrington I just read saying there was no option on his contract for the 6th season. He's done.

He cut his hair off so that pretty much seals it haha. I wish I could wash my hands of this show. Problem is, GRRM is going to die from being a fat piece of shit that he won't finish the books and the show will be taken as canon.

Here's the interview

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14...dies-interview

FUCK.

To add as well, its been 5 years since A Dance with Dragons and he hasn't posted an update on Winds of WInter since April. He doesn't write when he travels either so were going to be waiting another year at least. He's also stated that if he dies he will not permit anyone to write the remaining books in the series, at least when Robert Jordan died we got closure on that series. GRRM is a giant piece of shit.....
    Last edited by SmAcKpOo; 06-15-2015 at 12:01 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

And Kit Harrington is done as Jon Snow. So even is Melisandre does a Thoros of Myr and brings him back to life it will be a completely different actor. There was an interview with Kit Harrington I just read saying there was no option on his contract for the 6th season. He's done.

Here's the interview

From the interview...

If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season.
    No one said anything about season 7

But seriously, if you read the books, you knew this was coming.

This whole show is a clusterfuck right now. He was the only character worth a damn on the show and they royally fucked that up.

He cut his hair off so that pretty much seals it haha. I wish I could wash my hands of this show. Problem is, GRRM is going to die from being a fat piece of shit that he won't finish the books and the show will be taken as canon.
    Maybe Jon Snow is resurrected with a new badass hairdo - kinda like Cersei...?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Bladeh
    Wonder how much extra on her contract she got for the walk of shame.
    Body double.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Wasn't John a Worg? Possible theory circulating is he worg's into Ghost, his dire wolf, to protect his soul, then the lady in red resurrects him maybe and he works back? But yea, the whole series is super secret so it may very well be that he has only been informed that he's toast.

Or he's just dead. Do we know if Stannis is actually dead? He saw Breanne take a swing but never saw the blow, which is odd considering the series love affair for gore.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My immediate prediction was that the Red Woman would somehow revive Snow, but the actor isn't coming back next season so I have no idea. If he gets revived he will be a different actor. Nobody is safe in GoT though.

The Cersei thing was a waste of time IMO, they could have done that scene in way less time. So is that enormous dude in the gold armor now going to protect her from ever going back to the Church? That's kind of what it sounded like but I wasn't sure.

Also are those people who found Danny the dothraki?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Here's the interview

FUCK.

To add as well, its been 5 years since A Dance with Dragons and he hasn't posted an update on Winds of WInter since April. He doesn't write when he travels either so were going to be waiting another year at least. He's also stated that if he dies he will not permit anyone to write the remaining books in the series, at least when Robert Jordan died we got closure on that series. GRRM is a giant piece of shit.....
    Relax tiger. The TV show has been produced with GRRM, and the producers have been told what he has in plan. While the show and the books have differences, they will end up in the same place. The people producing the show know how the books/world ends.

If you have been watching/reading this series, you should clearly know that GRRM will kill anyone off. He builds them up and kills them for fun.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    My immediate prediction was that the Red Woman would somehow revive Snow, but the actor isn't coming back next season so I have no idea. If he gets revived he will be a different actor. Nobody is safe in GoT though.
    I dunno, the Benjen troll was a pretty clear statement that they're willing to spread misinformation to try and throw people off. A bunch of people now believe Jon Snow is definitely dead and not coming back. The people who avoid threads like these will be legit surprised if he's resurrected.

Also are those people who found Danny the dothraki?
    Yes

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It's funny that the dire wolf shows up for the fat man, but when John Snow is getting stabbed, no wolf.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

From the interview...

No one said anything about season 7

But seriously, if you read the books, you knew this was coming.
    I think he's trolling as well. He'll be back, considering how much they pushed the R+L=J, and conveniently bringing Melisandre back to the wall. She saw the burning flags of the Boltons, but realised that it wasn't Stannis doing it. Also could explain why they left out Lady Stoneheart as they don't want everyone to think it's feasible to bring someone back.

I could see that being the big twist next season at the end. There is a lot of other character arcs to fill in for Jon (sadly, they'll have to spend some time with Bran), and bringing Jon back by the end. It also relieves Jon of his oath (... Shall not end until my death), so he can finally leave.

Also feel that the writers didn't want to spoil anymore of the next book so slowed down for the last couple episodes to give GRRM a few more months to get it done. Don't think I'll read the books before the show even if it does come out.

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    Also could explain why they left out Lady Stoneheart as they don't want everyone to think it's feasible to bring someone back.
    I was kinda upset they showed FrankenMountain for this reason. I mean, yeah, it's slightly different because you don't know if he actually died, but it feels like resurrection all the same.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Dont forget that Berric Dondarrian had been resurrected multiple times, and Melisandre heard about it

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    My prediction as well. Which makes sense if Jon is actually a Targaryan. The three-headed dragon prophecy/theory is that a Targ would ride each of the remaining dragons. With Daenerys being one, Jon could also be another one to ride. But he can't unless he breaks his oath to the Watch (which is his death). With him being dead, Mellisendre is still at the Wall to revive him and would essentially set him free from the Watch.

I think when she found out that half of Stannis' men left, the burning Bolton banners in her 'insight' wasn't Stannis' prophecy to fulfill, so she left and went back to the wall. Could be Jon's?

Maybe Jon + Davos/Mellisendre + Remaining Stannis' men and Wildlings take down Winterfell?! I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 06-15-2015 at 12:53 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    the burning Bolton banners in her 'insight' wasn't Stannis' prophecy to fulfill
    Vikings S02 spoilers below.

Spoiler:
    Or it's like the "Blood Eagle" prophecy in Vikings and doesn't mean what we're meant to think it means.

Just because the Bolton banners are burning, doesn't mean somebody has taken Winterfell from them.
    But I never read the books so take that with a grain of salt.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mibz
    But I never read the books so take that with a grain of salt.
    Books haven't gotten there. Books go way off onto other characters that aren't even in the TV show yet, or have only made brief appearances.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

I think when she found out that half of Stannis' men left, the burning Bolton banners in her 'insight' wasn't Stannis' prophecy to fulfill, so she left and went back to the wall. Could be Jon's?
    Could be likely. She believed that Stannis was "Azor Ahai" or the hero reborn or w/e and this quote from her in the book: "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow" and yes, Snow was capitalized.

My prediction as well. Which makes sense if Jon is actually a Targaryan. The three-headed dragon prophecy/theory is that a Targ would ride each of the remaining dragons. With Daenerys being one, Jon could also be another one to ride. But he can't unless he breaks his oath to the Watch (which is his death). With him being dead, Mellisendre is still at the Wall to revive him and would essentially set him free from the Watch.

Maybe Jon + Davos/Mellisendre + Remaining Stannis' men and Wildlings take down Winterfell?! I guess we'll see.
    I think you are probably correct. Jon gets revived, and freed from his oath all in one go. Also I heard that GRRM was asking questions specifically about how HBO was going to handle the identities of Jon Snow's parents, which supports the Targaryan theory.

Further, when GRRM was asked about this relating to the books, apparently this was his reply:

"Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?”“My readers should know better than to take anything as gospel.”

and

“If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire is that death is not necessarily permanent.”

We know that the books and the TV shows don't necessarily jive 100% though, so it's still anyone's guess. I would bet anything that he comes back in some capacity though, whether it be through his wolf or otherwise.

Also in the Red Woman's flames, she referred to Snow with a capital "S" in the books: "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow." (EDIT: Looks like Banana beat me to it!) Some people also think Danny is Azor Ahai, but it's more likely to be a red herring.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-15-2015 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast