Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 44 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Thats what I thought. I can totally see him betraying them tho if he does send an army !

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by birdman86

No kidding

It's been so bland that Spoiler:
    I didn't even care if she died when she got stabbed all those times.
    Spoiler:
    I don't think that was her that got stabbed. Compare the carefulness and paranoia of Arya when she first runs away, with the arrogant and non-chalant Arya of last night's episode. I think it may have been Jaquen posing as Arya, specifically because of the way the hair was worn and parted down the middle, instead of Arya's normal hairstyle which is kind of half braid, half long, or buns on the back of the head
    Geek

My Ride
    '14 Taco

.... But why

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Im not sure i buy into that theory, but he did makethe Waif promise to not make her suffer. Maybe it was her test?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Spoiler:
    Also remember in Season 2, in the episode before Blackwater, Arya gave Jaquen his own name as the third death owed to the red god. He killed the torturer, and killed the guard that caught her with the note. But she named him as the third death and NEVER UNNAMED HIM.... even when he gave her the Braavosi coin and taught her Valar Morghulis.

So, in effect, this may be Jaquen fulfilling the contract. Or, if he lives, it may be the Waif's test... unknown until Sunday
    Geek

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

^^ That's an interesting twist and very plausible. I'd buy into that story for a few reasons in addition to yours:

Spoiler:
    She was also not carrying 'needle'. And where did she get all that silver from?

I read another theory on Reddit, which could be an interesting twist as well:

Spoiler:
    Arya and Waif might be the same person. Arya might be having a split-personality disorder. The Waif never actually interacts with anyone else other than Jaqen and Arya. Also earlier this season, she is seen fighting the Waif in the streets where they cut to the very next scene in the fight where the Waif disappears and Arya is still swinging. This theory could also support the reason why no one seems to care that the Waif is beating the shit out of a blind girl in the middle of the street.

Pic

With that in mind, Jaqen might be aware of her disorder while she is not. Orders the Waif (who is really Arya) to kill herself. Because she doesn't know of her own disorder, Jaqen disguises as her to make this happen. Why? I don't know. But it could tie in to the face that Jaqen owes his life to her. Or perhaps another test.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 06-07-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Lots of good Arya theories, all of them seem possible. Personally I'll just be glad when something interesting happens to her story haha.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Personally I'll just be glad when something interesting happens to her story haha.
    Yup, haha.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

she was a sloooooow burn this week...

^

Episode 8 is always the setup... I thought it was pretty good.

Wrapped up Arya's stuff which you knew wasn't going to be anything super crazy. Xerces + mountain man setup, denarys back with dragon, blackfish gone, jamie lannister no longer under a facade of being a good person, sansa's reach for help is coming back negative and then the hound just went and fucked up random shit with an axe

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Could do an entire show on the hound...by far my favorite character

also, i don't see Spoiler:
    stonehear
    showing now. Not with Dondarrion around

So who got stabbed then, since it wasn't Arya, Jaquin was alive, and the Waif was killed by real Arya?

Also Tommen said there will be no more trials by combat, so I guess the Cleganebowl everyone was expecting is a no-go?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

So who got stabbed then, since it wasn't Arya, Jaquin was alive, and the Waif was killed by real Arya?
    Kinda funny to see some of the theories that are waaaay out there in left field, just because its GoT. This week was nice to throw those out the window..

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Also Tommen said there will be no more trials by combat, so I guess the Cleganebowl everyone was expecting is a no-go?
    Well, theories were way out to lunch, lol. I guess it was actually what it was. I just found it to be a weird continuity issue on the fact that Arya was so non-chalant and careless on the day she got stabbed. But meh, I think Jaqen knew all along that she was never truly going to become 'no one' based on that smirk he gave her. Probably because his goal was to train her to scratch out the names on her list.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Well, theories were way out to lunch, lol. I guess it was actually what it was. I just found it to be a weird continuity issue on the fact that Arya was so non-chalant and careless on the day she got stabbed. But meh, I think Jaqen knew all along that she was never truly going to become 'no one' based on that smirk he gave her. Probably because his goal was to train her to scratch out the names on her list.
    So it was her, and she survived the stabbing? Haha I'm so confused.

I watched a YouTube video that described how she was probably a different person because she was using her non dominant hand, and didn't have needle, among other things, in the scene where she got stabbed. I didn't think the actress lady was dealing with her stab wounds but I could have missed it - that stabbing seemed pretty severe.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Arya did get stabbed, she just recovered enough to take out the Waif. She was stitched up by the actress bimbo
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

By far the worst episode of the season, if not the series. It has nothing to do with the theories, none of them were really solid enough to happen, I had a feeling she just got stabbed straight up, but the writing for the last two episodes have been horrible.

I don't even know where to begin with how poorly it all played out. Are we supposed to believe that Arya is going to take time to stare at the sunset while trying to escape a deadly assassin that can look like anyone?

How about the fact that she got stabbed numerous times and dove into sewage water, too weak to barely walk around but yet after a bit of sleep, she's magically able to parkour around Braavos while T-1000 chases after her? That whole chase scene was ridiculous and far from the GoT feel.

And the whole Edmure/Blackfish situation was just silly. So these men, who presumably fought for years alongside Blackfish to finally overtake Riverrun, are suddenly going to go against him without hesitation? Even if Edmure is their Lord, they're more than wiling to open the gates and potentially get slaughtered with their only hope being the promise of the most untrustworthy man in Westeros (as far as they know). And why would Edmure even go along with that plan in the first place? One minute he was defiant in Jaime's face, knowing he's doomed regardless. But suddenly he cares so much about his child that he's never met, born from a woman he slept with once and only so her family could completely betray and slaughter his family? Are we supposed to truly believe that? And finally, Blackfish remarks on how much Sansa is like his sister Cat, but can't help because he has to defend his home. But yet as soon as that falls through, rather than helping his desperate niece, he decides to just go kill himself. That is so out of character for Blackfish. It felt like this entire situation was created just to get Jaime out of King's Landing so that Cersei can go nuts.

And that joke scene was so cringey. It was meant to add humour but usually there's a point to these scenes - what a waste of screen time.

And what did Sexy Jesus mean when he said "A girl is finally no one"? How?! Arya just killed his apprentice and is leaving the Faceless Men because she's Arya Stark and is ready to go home. In what way does that make her finally no one?!

The only good scene was "I choose violence". Dany flying in with her dragon was cheesy as hell. Waif/Blackfish dying off screen was a waste. Edmure's an idiot. They've spent three episodes with Tyrion basically just stalling for Dany.

I loved the first few episodes this season and I don't mind set-up episodes, but that's three in a row and this last one was by far the worst. We're more or less right back where we started two episodes ago.

/rant

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

So it was her, and she survived the stabbing? Haha I'm so confused.

I watched a YouTube video that described how she was probably a different person because she was using her non dominant hand, and didn't have needle, among other things, in the scene where she got stabbed. I didn't think the actress lady was dealing with her stab wounds but I could have missed it - that stabbing seemed pretty severe.
    Either something is up, or that was bad writing. I actually didn't like how that part of the story arc ended. From what we've witnessed with her stabbing, it clearly shows she hasn't learned shit in Braavos other than fighting blind.

Originally posted by anarchy
    *snip*

/rant
    Well said. Arya's story could have played out much better. Being less careless, using what she supposedly has learned to hide herself from the Waif. (changing her face for example, so the Waif could not track her? or maybe just not being an idiot and gallivanting around town, unarmed, throwing silver in peoples faces to get back home) And I also found it odd that she can miraculously parkour around town, but when someone is trying to merc you, I guess adrenaline kicks in.

With the whole Blackfish thing, yes, his off screen death was a fucking waste for that character. Edmure's character is apparently kind of a fool in the book anyway, but I think he did what he did to preserve whatever is left of his house and their legacy. I think he knew if he didn't do what he did, the Lannister Army would have sacked the Castle anyway and killed everyone.

Also, keep in mind, at the end of the day, people don't want to die in vain for a lost cause. They knew they would already lose the castle at some point, why fight a war you cannot win? The Tully's oath and creedo is "Family. Duty. Honor." Preserving their what is left of their house and following orders from a Tully whom they've sworn loyalty to was the right thing to do in their mind.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 06-14-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Bad writing. The entire Arya storyline amounted to nothing except some motivation that could've been accomplished with a montage (A MOTHAFUCKIN MONTAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE)

Whatever, it's over now. Thank fuck.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Well said. Arya's story could have played out much better. Being less careless, using what she supposedly has learned to hide herself from the Waif. (changing her face for example, so the Waif could not track her? or maybe just not being an idiot and gallivanting around town, unarmed, throwing silver in peoples faces to get back home) And I also found it odd that she can miraculously parkour around town, but when someone is trying to merc you, I guess adrenaline kicks in.

With the whole Blackfish thing, yes, his off screen death was a fucking waste for that character. Edmure's character is apparently kind of a fool in the book anyway, but I think he did what he did to preserve whatever is left of his house and their legacy. I think he knew if he didn't do what he did, the Lannister Army would have sacked the Castle anyway and killed everyone.

Also, keep in mind, at the end of the day, people don't want to die in vain for a lost cause. They knew they would already lose the castle at some point, why fight a war you cannot win? The Tully's oath and creedo is "Family. Duty. Honor." Preserving their what is left of their house and following orders from a Tully whom they've sworn loyalty to was the right thing to do in their mind.
    Fair enough, you've made some good points. I think it was just the way it was set up - with Jaime telling him his story about Cat and Cersei and that suddenly changed Edmure's mind. It was just hard for me to believe because no one has any reason to trust Jaime - he's the fricking Kingslayer. He easily could have had them open the doors and slaughtered them there. Edmure already states right then that he has zero trust for Jaime so why would he believe that Jaime would let his people live, let alone let him go to raise his family at Casterly Rock.

Anyways, a terrible waste of Blackfish regardless. He's such a bad ass. But they completely wasted Areo and Doran Martell too so what can you expect.

As for your thoughts on Arya - I can actually buy her acting like a highborn to try and convince the guy to let her on his ship, but at least afterwards show it was an act and have her trying to sneak away back to her cave before getting suprisingly shanked. Not just staring off into the sunset and letting an OBVIOUSLY fake old lady approach her and shank her. One thing to note - she hasn't learned to change faces yet, right? At least not on her own I don't think. Anyways, a huge disappointment.

Not sure what's going to happen next. Maybe Jon attacks Winterfell, gets owned and is about to get slayed when Littlefinger rides into miraculously save the day? Seems almost too obvious that Jon wins the battle of the bastards - is there a GoT twist in there somewhere? LF backstabs him?

Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 ... LastLast