Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 31 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Orbie
    Wow, as I thought they couldn't fit in very much into this episode. That means if they hope to finish book 3 the last episode is going to have to be packed with stuff!
    If the last episode isn't 2 hours, then my guess is they'll be leaving out a number of scenes for next season. They haven't exactly been 100% scene for scene faithful. Lady Stoneheart hasn't even appeared yet.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

It's been stated over and over again: they are no longer following the one book per season format that everyone keeps thinking they are doing. Since last season, anything in the book series along with whatever George R. R. Martin hasn't published is fair game for any episode in any season because there's no way the one book per season format would translate into television well.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

How soon before there is no more book material? Seems like the TV series is moving way faster than the publishing of books.

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl
    How soon before there is no more book material? Seems like the TV series is moving way faster than the publishing of books.
    If they split the next two books into two seasons each, then there's 4 years left. Plenty of time for RR Martin to not publish the next book of the series (rumor has it he's writing a completely different book based on a character in the series, but not relating to it, more of a backstory)

Though really, I can see the TV show losing a lot of followers and not even make it to the latest book. The focus characters change a LOT in the next two books, and not all that smoothly IMO.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I think 4 years is way too optimistic unless they really drag things out, which won't work for the pace that's needed to keep peoples' attention for television. I'd say another two or three more seasons at best and then some storylines are going to be slim pickings.

I've read in a few places that he has hired not one, but two co-writers to help him finish the series.

I always predicted that he would let HBO catch up and start new content, then rip off the TV content to wrap up the books. "Fuck, this shit writes itself!"

This guy is so fucking lazy it drive me nuts. He can't even work on the road, he can only work on Wordstar 4.0 at home on his DOS machine. What a fucking terrible excuse. No respect for his fans.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

If they split the next two books into two seasons each, then there's 4 years left. Plenty of time for RR Martin to not publish the next book of the series (rumor has it he's writing a completely different book based on a character in the series, but not relating to it, more of a backstory)

Though really, I can see the TV show losing a lot of followers and not even make it to the latest book. The focus characters change a LOT in the next two books, and not all that smoothly IMO.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I think 4 years is way too optimistic unless they really drag things out, which won't work for the pace that's needed to keep peoples' attention for television. I'd say another two or three more seasons at best and then some storylines are going to be slim pickings.
    Dexter? That shit was dragged out waaaayyyy too long, and on top of that, the acting/directing went to shit in about season 4.

So they can totally make it happen.

My Ride
    Forester STI

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Dexter? That shit was dragged out waaaayyyy too long, and on top of that, the acting/directing went to shit in about season 4.

So they can totally make it happen.
    Seems to work for The Walking Dead too..
    The Lazymans Signature (tm)

My Ride
    Land Cruiser

Last episode was awful. I especially enjoyed how Mance's 100,000 man army was represented by like nine guys trying to climb the wall and a few hundred others just standing around yelling.

It was almost comical how poorly executed that episode was.

My Ride

Originally posted by Stalker Hacker
    Last episode was awful. I especially enjoyed how Mance's 100,000 man army was represented by like nine guys trying to climb the wall and a few hundred others just standing around yelling.
    I take it you missed the conversation where John said "Mance was just testing our defences, he'll be back tomorrow in full force"

There's a reason he didn't go in balls deep, and will probably be explained in the next episode (or maybe the first episode of next season)

My Ride
    Land Cruiser

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I take it you missed the conversation where John said "Mance was just testing our defences, he'll be back tomorrow in full force"

There's a reason he didn't go in balls deep, and will probably be explained in the next episode (or maybe the first episode of next season)
    Oh, I heard it... it was just pathetically unrealistic. Nine dudes... I also enjoyed how nobody noticed the largest wildfire on earth until it was full size... small things make or break tv series, that last episode was chalk full of small ridiculous things.

I just hope the Horn appears and they don't continue this ridiculous nonsense.

My Ride

small things make or break tv series, that last episode was chalk full of small ridiculous things.
    If that were true, Walking Dead would have been cancelled half way through season 1

Oh, I heard it... it was just pathetically unrealistic. Nine dudes... I also enjoyed how nobody noticed the largest wildfire on earth until it was full size... small things make or break tv series, that last episode was chalk full of small ridiculous things.

I just hope the Horn appears and they don't continue this ridiculous nonsense.
    LOL you are bringing up realism in a TV show that has giants, dragons, wargs, and shadow assassins. Maybe you should be watching a different series if realism is what you are looking for.

If you didn't know, this tv series is based on a book and there are far more things contained within that are even more "unrealistic".
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by gatorade

LOL you are bringing up realism in a TV show that has giants, dragons, wargs, and shadow assassins. Maybe you should be watching a different series if realism is what you are looking for.

If you didn't know, this tv series is based on a book and there are far more things contained within that are even more "unrealistic".
    I absolutely despise when people like you say shit like this. "LOL OMG ITS ABOUT DRASGIONS AND WIZARDS AND MAGIC!! OF COURSE IT"S NOT REAL!!"

Do you really think we don't know that it's not real? The best fantasy/sci-fi/horror/anything is created when people buy into your "world." The more "unbelievable" things become because they're ripe with inconsistencies and nonsense, the harder it is to buy into the sell.

My Ride
    Has AWD

one more hour!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tram Common

I absolutely despise when people like you say shit like this. "LOL OMG ITS ABOUT DRASGIONS AND WIZARDS AND MAGIC!! OF COURSE IT"S NOT REAL!!"

Do you really think we don't know that it's not real? The best fantasy/sci-fi/horror/anything is created when people buy into your "world." The more "unbelievable" things become because they're ripe with inconsistencies and nonsense, the harder it is to buy into the sell.
    Thing is, aside from the dragons , magic, and fantastical world - a lot of events were inspired by our own history

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/willia...b_5317663.html
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Has AWD

is it next season yet???? amazing episode tonight, next season will be yet another awesome season.

My Ride
    rally pig

+1
    and sadly this means no more GoT episodes until next year again. FFFUUUU

im slowly reading book 1 so hopefully ill be done with book 1-4 before S5 comes haha

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Man, I nailed all three major events that I thought would end the season

Spoiler:

-Tywin and Shae killed by Tyrion
    -Arya leaving Westeros
    -Bran and company making it to the weirwood and the three eye raven

Next season promises to be an absolute corker
    Geek

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by taemo
    +1
    and sadly this means no more GoT episodes until next year again. FFFUUUU

im slowly reading book 1 so hopefully ill be done with book 1-4 before S5 comes haha
    You shouldn't have a problem with that. I read all the books between the end of season 1 and the start of 2.

That was a pretty nice wrap up for the season.

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast