Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 64 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1418

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They should have titled the episode "Battle of Contrast" or "You Should have Kept Your Plasma"
    I jacked up the backlight on my PQ65 to 100 and still couldn't see shit in a dark room.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Can definitely tell Martin isn't writing it. Dragons doing dumbest shit, and Arya kills the king? Like fuck off.
    Gave me blue balls. I was expecting an epic battle / sword fight with someone. Instead, we get a dickless hero to zero and a flying assassin.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Gave me blue balls. I was expecting an epic battle / sword fight with someone. Instead, we get a dickless hero to zero and a flying assassin.
    And dickless's plan was so well thought out. "Imma just gonna charge this guy and see what happens".

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    And dickless's plan was so well thought out. "Imma just gonna charge this guy and see what happens".
    In his defense, I actually didn't mind it. He knew he was absolutely fucked. So he went down like a man. There was literally no hope for him.

A fitting end for a retched life. I imagine that in the mindset of Theon, he'd never be free of the things he'd done and the things he'd seen. The best ending he could possibly ask for.

I imagine the epic sword fight will be in Kings Landing. But who is left? Maybe Jamie has another change of heart and him and Jon dual?

Overall, I can't complain about the episode. I did not realize there were only SIX episodes this season, lolwut? That would be tough for any director to pull off.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I imagine the epic sword fight will be in Kings Landing. But who is left? Maybe Jamie has another change of heart and him and Jon dual?
    Uhhh, Clegane-bowl!? And i still see Jaime killing Cersei

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

My wife and I weren’t struggling to see but we had a 1080p torrent on our newer Sony.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

I thought it was just me, or the signal/copy/whatever of the episode. Both our 65" LG OLEDs (2019 models) looked like absolute garbage. After reading Buster's quote, I went into the garage where we have an old 2009 model Panasonic 50" Plasma. What a difference. They filmed this episode, and more importantly lit this episode (fire the director of photography, haha), without considering that 95% of the population is using screen tech that doesn't do blacks all that well (yet).

My wife and I weren’t struggling to see but we had a 1080p torrent on our newer Sony.
    Maybe I'll grab a few examples of these and see how they look, the HBO/HBO Go/Crave/etc all looked very poor on our TVs, projection 1080p and on new OLEDs too. It looked a lot better on a 10 year old plasma.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-29-2019 at 12:29 PM.

So..is Drogon dead? I couldn't follow the dragon fight at all, just a big fuck show. I thought the undead one died in air, guess not. Did Jon's dragon die? I seen Drogon cover up Dany at the end, but didn't he have the shit stabbed out of him? So many questions lol

My Ride
    rally pig

My guess is Jamie dies to save Tyrion from Bronn.
    Breanne duels Bronn and kills him.
    Tyrion kills Cersei.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    So..is Drogon dead? I couldn't follow the dragon fight at all, just a big fuck show. I thought the undead one died in air, guess not. Did Jon's dragon die? I seen Drogon cover up Dany at the end, but didn't he have the shit stabbed out of him? So many questions lol
    Viserion (undead dragon) is gone
    Drogon is alive and with Daenerys
    Rhaegal (Jons dragon) crashed and ran away. Apparently he's alive and in the trailer for next weeks episode.
    Last edited by taemo; 04-29-2019 at 12:58 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Benieof: "The bright and vivid version of this episode is going to cost $50 million to produce. The dark and muddy is gonna be about $25 million."

HBO: "we like the muddy version."

My Ride
    Trucks

I watched a 720p Amazon rip and it looked fine on my Mac.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I want to re-watch this with a quality stream/video file. But part of me wonders why I should waste my time to check that my TV doesn't suck, and more importantly rewatch that episode
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Uhhh, Clegane-bowl!?
    That, in my opinion, isn't a sword fight, it'll be two huge guys pummeling the shit out of each other.

Entertaining, for sure, but not really what I want from a sword fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    I watched a 720p Amazon rip and it looked fine on my Mac.
    Probably an IPS display? Way better at blacks than 95% of LCD tv's out there.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I want to re-watch this with a quality stream/video file. But part of me wonders why I should waste my time to check that my TV doesn't suck, and more importantly rewatch that episode
    4.5GB 1080p still missed a lot of detail.

TBH this compared to all the other battles felt underwhelming (Bastards, Blackwater, Black Castle, Hardhome, Frozen Lake were much more exciting to watch) and IMO this is because they decided to go with a very dark mood for a sense of hopelessness. Basically during the whole episode, I couldn't think how they could survive such an army and attack.

When I rewatch the whole series, I will probably skip most of this episode and just watch the first and last 10-15min.

There are tons of threads popping up now on how bad the quality was. Apparently, the HBO GO feed was particularly bad, and that was also the source for the majority of the ~60M pirated views. Can't confirm any of that, but that's what people are saying. Apparently other sources of HBO through Amazon or Hulu were a bit better. I'll watch it again when the BluRays come out just to see how much different it is where the bit depth of the episode can be higher than 2.

Really though the reason it was so dark was likely to help save on the CGI budget, and probably so they didn't have to pay for horse filming (Dothraki). My only hope is that since that whole episode seemed so low-budget, they are saving that money for the battle(s) in King's landing. Same guy who did the Battle of the Bastards (way better IMO) did this one from what I've gathered. No elephants though

The hype also doesn't help - before the episode aired they said it was the longest battle in TV/Film history, even more than Helm's Deep (which took 120 days to film and was way better IMHO). So I was expecting some pretty big things, and instead it was barely watchable with jumpy camera cuts and absurd oversights. They seem to be on the Hollywood Cliche train now so they can just finish up ASAP.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-29-2019 at 01:24 PM.

My Ride
    Trucks

That, in my opinion, isn't a sword fight, it'll be two huge guys pummeling the shit out of each other.

Entertaining, for sure, but not really what I want from a sword fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably an IPS display? Way better at blacks than 95% of LCD tv's out there.
    I have no idea. Whatever the 27” 5k iMacs come with.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

GoT click bait is out of control today on FB
    Ultracrepidarian

Good episode, but did not live up to the hype. First 20 minutes were great with the intense build-up and then it just fell flat once the battle started.
    A lot of useless characters and characters who can't seem to die for some reason. The people who died were secondary characters and didn't really add much to drive the plot forward or even change the direction of the story. The White Walkers literally did NOTHING except join the Night King led parade.

My Ride
    ute

in the end, the Night King didnt even seem that scary. The dude was made out of safety glass and exploded.

I mean, some rocks from Deerfoot Trail would have got him.

considering 8 years lead up to this battle I have to say I was disappointed. They took a lazy ending to what was a massive build up over so many years. Overall the deaths and the battle scenes were cool but it wasnt what I was hoping for.

Still enjoyed the show. I hope they make up for things in the last few remaining episodes.

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 ... LastLast