Quantcast
Ever had buyers remorse on a car you bought? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever had buyers remorse on a car you bought?

My Ride
    //M

Default Ever had buyers remorse on a car you bought?

I'm not talking the typical 'I overspent on this car I just bought' buyers remorse (and while you're at it, try to get your deposit back).
    I'm talking, you buy yourself a car, and after two weeks or so you're bored of it, and you don't like thinking about that payment you'll be making on it (or the cash you spent on it).
    Maybe it just bored yourself, or the thrill of the car is gone, what did you do to get that flame back?

Share your stories, I'm curious to hear some, me and some friends were talking about cars we bought and hated after buying.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    This and that.

Mostly my reaction would be to mod the car and make it different. Every once in a while I get bored but after I mod the car, it makes me fall in love with it over again.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

all the time... this is why i am on number #14 i think?

i have got better at it though, trick is to have a project... that you have no time for... this makes it last longer

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I did.... when I bought a new 01 Prelude SE. First new car ever... after driving it a few weeks, I realized I didn't fit very well in it, and I wasn't very comfortable driving it long distances... within 8 months I traded it in for my old 02 accord, which I sold about 9 months ago.

After trading it, I was so glad to see it go.

My Ride
    14' 435i

i definitely feel that way after buying my truck.. makes me think i wish i kept my car, id have x amount more a month to save, i coulda bought a house instead...

i love my truck but sometimes....

My Ride
    bird

What I did when I slowly started getting bored of mine, was make it faster.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

When I bought my 2005 Sequoia a few years ago online from the US, I did not realize that Sequoias in the USA were not all 4X4 like they were up here. Well, not surprisingly, the truck didn't sell well when it was time to get rid of it - even though it had only 20k miles on the clock.

I purchased my Corvette down there too. And while it was a lot of fun to drive around this summer, it turns out I won't be making any money on it like I thought.

Now, most people are going to tell me that cars depreciate and you don't make money on them - I know that is *normally* the case. But considering I've made about 25g over the years on my vehicles, that is not normally the case for me.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I bought a 1993 Volvo 850 a few years ago thinking it was a gem. After bout 2 weeks of owning the thing, I was unimpressed with the power. I started noticing things were wrong with it (engine oil pissing out of the fill cap, coolant leaks, different shades of red on different panels).

I was involved in a small fender bender with the car which completely destroyed the car. I found out that it was a chopped car and the front end basically fell off. The other party had a paint scratch that was fixed for $150.

Aside from the mechanical issues and power issues, I loved everything about the car.

To get the "flame back into my vehicular relationship, I bought something better: a 1995 Volvo 850 TURBO!!!! This time making sure everything was good mechanically. That turbo was a difference between night and day. LOVED that car to death!!!

After about 1 month of driving, I lost a race to a mustang GT. After that moment, I wanted more. I bought a manual boost controller off a friend for $20 which brought back the sparkle to my eye. Jumped my times from 16.9 to 14.5 on the quarter. That was probably the happiest day of my life. lol
    Beyond's Most Wanted

yea those T5s have a ton of potential.

I haven't had buyers remorse yet, but what might be even worse it usually takes me about 8 months of research before I make a decision on a vehicle. I have been planning on getting a project car since about this time last year and I am still flip flopping on what I want, at least I have narrowed the field down from about 20 different cars to about 5!!

My Ride
    XT6

I have had my STi for a little over a year now and am starting to get bored of it.

Really considering upgrading but probably not the best idea as I will just get bored of the next car too.

basically every time i get a nice car some fuckface does a hit and run on it or dings my doors etc... motorcycle knocked over in parking lot...

once i spent $350 to get a car power polished because the paint was so oxidized it looked pink. second day of driving some cock hit both drivers doors in a parking lot, no note no nothing...

anyways now i drive a piece of shit and i could not be happier. its an old volvo, turbo, rwd, manual. at least its fun to drive.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 11:40 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I am sad I sold my 1992 Nissan 180SX for $4000 after it got hit, and its only been a month and a half.

I am kinda disappointing in my Subaru purchase but it is a lot newer, nicer to drive, in good condition, and I got a hell of a deal. Once I do a few simple mods I will enjoy it this summer.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Nothing beats that new car feeling. I don't get remorse nor do I get bored of most of my cars (2005 SRT-4 exception because it understeered like a dump truck) but I have a wandering eye and have that hunger to go faster.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    No buyers remorse, but I have terrible sellers remorse on every car I have ever had to let go
    same here (almost teared up watching the '66 mustang I'd had for about 10 years drive away )

I bought a Super Charged S2000 , I didnt fit in the car at all , it was horrible to drive and I think I drove it maybe 4-5 times in a month .
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by heavyD
    Nothing beats that new car feeling.
    You're 100% right on that one. I also get almost the exact same feeling right when my car gets a new mod or is detailed. Every time I'm pulling away from a detail shop I feel soooooo good.

I need to sell my current truck right now and grab a dually and I'm already getting sellers remorse and the thing isn't even sold yet. I don't even wanna show the truck because I don't want it to sell even though I know it needs to go soon.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    V8s

Every time I sell a bike, I get sad. Usually I hold on to cars for as long as is practical, and end up with an upgrade... so I'm happy to see them go.

Every time I sell a bike though, its for a more practical reason, and I'm soo disappointed (despite having an extra few g's in my pocket). But then, every time I get another one, get super excited haha. Its an interesting cycle.

My Ride
    Ram

Everyday

Heavyd is right. Nothing beats a new car feeling

But. When you find out how much you owe. You cry

My Ride
    FJC, S30

I love my current car. It may be old but no regrets.
    Submaker.Illest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast