Quantcast
Stewart & Stevenson - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Stewart & Stevenson

Default Stewart & Stevenson

Has anyone worked in their shop here in Calgary?

Just wondering what it is like, what they pay (specifically welders), good company? Stuff like that...

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

I am not sure what they pay or what they are like to work for but I can tell you they will likely be very busy for a while if they build fracturing horsepowers there. I know my company needs 65 within the next year or possibly even more. Also , if Gasfrac survives their latest blow up I am sure they will need a few more also. I know that our fab shop can only build about 3 horsepowers every 3 months and we have bought extras from Stewart Stevenson in the past so I am sure they will be getting some of the 65 from them.

Been there a few times, seems like good guys and many have been there for a long time which is always a good sign.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Haha i have a guy from there starting at my shop next monday hahaha. They pay well, in fact overpay for 1st years in my opinion. He tells me hes making 24$ an hour as a first year, working nights. All he does is run the bandsaw tho, isnt learning anything.

I had a tech (HET) on my crew that was from there. He would also tell me how great it was and how much he missed it.

One thing though is that you learn a very specific skill set that you can not easily transfer if you were to go into the repair side of the industry. This is what I found with him. Really great at installs but when it came to anything else he would take forever.

But apperantly its a great place.

My Ride
    YZ250

Originally posted by DRKM
    I had a tech (HET) on my crew that was from there. He would also tell me how great it was and how much he missed it.

One thing though is that you learn a very specific skill set that you can not easily transfer if you were to go into the repair side of the industry. This is what I found with him. Really great at installs but when it came to anything else he would take forever.

But apperantly its a great place.
    What he said is the truth for the Heavy Duty aspect. The welding there is way better, and I definitely recommend going there if thats what your into.

The only bad thing about being a welder tho, is having to tell your parents you're gay...
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by Mazstyle

What he said is the truth for the Heavy Duty aspect. The welding there is way better, and I definitely recommend going there if thats what your into.

The only bad thing about being a welder tho, is having to tell your parents you're gay...
    Thats not very nice.