Quantcast
***Breaking: 8.8 quake hits Japan, tsunami warnings issued - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Breaking: 8.8 quake hits Japan, tsunami warnings issued

My Ride
    If you were smart.. you would know

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Cancel Pop Up Blocker and begin to LOL

I hate Nancy Grace.

But seriously, you all gonna die...
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    '03 ep3

She is such an idiot. Her and Glenn Beck should get married.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

This is one of the most ultimate definitions of badassery I've ever read

http://badassoftheweek.com/akaiwa.html
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 370Z / 2018 Sentra / 2008 Sentra

Some of my friends in the food and beverage industry will be hosting an event to help Japan.

Here is a link to the page with poster.
    http://www.flywineforum.com/showthread.php?tid=73

This is in Calgary.

Hope the mods don't mind me mentioning this here....

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    This is one of the most ultimate definitions of badassery I've ever read

http://badassoftheweek.com/akaiwa.html

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by syeve
    Everyone's helping out lol

http://www.businessinsider.com/japan...efforts-2011-3
    You've got to take care of your own customers I guess. Japanese culture is interesting in many ways. crazy 88

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by lilmira
    You've got to take care of your own customers I guess. Japanese culture is interesting in many ways. crazy 88
    one of Japan's richest industries is contributing as well:

Countless lives were destroyed late last Friday after an earthquake and tsunami ravaged the country. The clean up process is underway, and the biggest names in gaming are doing what they can.

On Sunday, Sony Corporate stated it is giving ¥300 million (US$3.6 million) as well as 30,000 radios to the earthquake relief.

Today, Nintendo stated it is also contributing ¥300 million ($3.6 million). Joining Nintendo is Namco Bandai, which is donating ¥100 million ($1.2 million). Sega Sammy is giving ¥200 million ($2.4) and Koei Tecmo is giving ¥100 million ($1.2 million).

Microsoft says they are committing an initial $2 million to relief efforts, which includes $250,000 in cash as well as in-kind contributions such as software.

And smaller game companies are doing what they can. For example, 5pb is slashing the price of one of its iPhone games from ¥2,200 ($27) to ¥350 ($4.20), giving all proceeds to the Red Cross.

The entire country, the entire industry, is pulling together and doing what it can to help rebuild. And rebuild, it will.

Update: Capcom is also giving ¥100 million ($1.2 million) as are Konami and Square Enix.

Level-5 is giving ¥10 million ($125,000) and creating "charity downloadable content" for its Inazuma Eleven game for cell phones.
    http://kotaku.com/#!5781615/game-ind...thquake-relief

I find is ridiculous just after it happened, all these millionaire celebs are on twitter hashmarking #prayforjapan, couldn't spend a couple hundred of your wealth? wtf is a twitter hashmark going to do, publically i think these are the only celebs to give donations:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/...apan.donation/

http://www.worldnewsco.com/4386/char...victims-japan/

in other news, Foxnews intelligence and credibility, but hey not surprised, FOXnews is the best! has lots of smart ppl like that twat Nancy Grace right?:

Supposedly there is now a nuclear plant in Japan called “Shibuyaeggman.” Media Matters did some fact checking:

A quick Googling of “shibuyaeggman” turned up no meaningful results. A Nexis search was also fruitless. However, further inquiries revealed that Eggman is the name of a dance club in a trendy neighborhood of Tokyo called… Shibuya. And, it just so happens, the Fox graphic appears to place the alleged reactor in Tokyo. Here’s a photo of Eggman — as you can see, it’s right below The @ Super Suits Store. And Johnny Hi-Fi played there in 2006.
    tards...
    Last edited by n1zm0; 03-23-2011 at 09:18 AM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/80539.html
    Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after it was crippled by the massive March 11 quake-tsunami disaster.

TEPCO, the operator of the nuclear plant, said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 kilometers southwest of the plant's No. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour and that this is not a dangerous level.

The utility firm said it will measure uranium and plutonium, which could emit a neutron beam, as well.
    Radiation Released = Amount from Chernobyl Already

"The fact that radiation releases are approaching the level they did in Chernobyl is a cause for concern, a sign of the severity of the accident that's already taken place," said Lyman, especially given the way Chernobyl exploded.

"For caesium and iodine ... the source terms (amounts released from the two accidents) are not so different."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...3?pageNumber=2
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by broken_legs
    http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/80539.html

Did you even read the god damn link you posted? The title is: Japan radiation release lower than Chernobyl.

Do you know anything about Chernobyl? The release of radionuclide came from when the graphite moderator came into contact with the air. (Hot Graphite burns when in contact with air) That fire then proceeded to burn away the radioactive graphite, the fuel and all of the daughter particles in the fuel rods.

That is a big difference from releasing steam from the pressure vessels. I can not tell if you are trolling or not broken.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

The shakers still aren't letting up. Had 3 that felt fairly big today (they felt like the normal 'every day' quakes we had before the 11th). The last larger one that I think hit up in Fukushima again was strong enough here in Tokyo to knock off a bunch of perfume bottles and thus making my apartment smell like the inside of an old-ladies second-hand store. As some of you may know, I live on the 7th floor of an 8-floor building so also due to the latest quake this afternoon, the elevator was shut down (frick). So take one chunky white guy who routinely carries his bug-out-bag around with him plus a 8-pack of bottled water & a bottle of Coke...well... I wasn't a happy guy once getting back up to my apartment. God damnit.

Anyways, yesterday there was 'bad' iodine in the water... and there still is today but it's "safer" for us toda which means I guess if I had a baby, I'd be holding it's head under the sink letting it drink as much as it wanted.

Here's a few more photos for you to peruse.

Oh and on that note, we're shaking at this exact moment.

Still very little available at the convenient store

At least we can still get smashed.

Here's another combini close to Ueno station - they have candy but very little normal food with any food value. I guess if we want to pretend we're on a '28 Days Later Diet' then we're in luck... just gotta look for Mr. Pibb... Oh and as you can see, it's pretty dark, one of the power-saving methods. That plus most stores and shops have the heating turned off which makes for a chilly day at work.

And yet more liquor (and cans of coffee)

No bread products

Tempting... I wonder why NOBODY has bought it....

Tofu (in the crate on the floor) and various other things that do not have much food value by themselves. At least we can feel full...

Oh god damnit. And I'm carrying a heavy bag full of camera gear to boot.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Here is a print-shop located behind my studio that I used to go to when I wanted larger prints done up. Sadly it was located in an older building and was VERY seriously damaged so it had to be taken down.

At least we have enough concentrated-salty water....

Nearly nobody - this would make me very happy if it wasn't for these circumstances.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Even Ueno Station is conserving power by turning off some of it's lights

Those weren't there the morning of the 11th.

Many businesses are shut down due to damage even here in Tokyo.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

This back street is usually full of people at this time of day on a Sunday. It was so strange to walk down here without having to be shoulder-to-shoulder.

Fresh....

Mucho damage

Notice the crack in the bottom-left corner?

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Basically explained that please limit your purchases with 'our' vending machine as we will not be re-stocked on a regular basis for the time being.

Trying to take care of the reactor site.

Crack

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by DRKM

Did you even read the god damn link you posted? The title is: Japan radiation release lower than Chernobyl.

Do you know anything about Chernobyl? The release of radionuclide came from when the graphite moderator came into contact with the air. (Hot Graphite burns when in contact with air) That fire then proceeded to burn away the radioactive graphite, the fuel and all of the daughter particles in the fuel rods.

That is a big difference from releasing steam from the pressure vessels. I can not tell if you are trolling or not broken.
    So when I posted this:

Originally posted by broken_legs

"The fact that radiation releases are approaching the level they did in Chernobyl is a cause for concern, a sign of the severity of the accident that's already taken place," said Lyman, especially given the way Chernobyl exploded.

"For caesium and iodine ... the source terms (amounts released from the two accidents) are not so different."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...3?pageNumber=2
    You intentionally chose to quote the wrong news item with the wrong link even though I included it in the same quote box to make it really easy for people?

The real question: are you trolling me?

Looks like Vanouverites can breathe easy - for a while. The first plumes appear to be hitting California and Mexico.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Axis powers

^^ except some of it looks like it's hitting close to here
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

No significant releases or upward change over the last number of days, according to ze Germans.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast