Quantcast
Racism Discussion - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism Discussion

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Default Racism Discussion

Hey guys, I was having a discussion over racism with my friend after that Asian people in library video. Anyways, we got talking back and forth about why there's racism and why some people seem to think that white people get called out unfairly for being racist when other races are just as racist.

So we just want to ask a few things, what race has historically shaped the world to what it is today and has accomplished the most (technologically, politically, socially, etc.)?

Personally, I do think white people have accomplished more and shaped the world today (I'm Asian by the way)

The other question is do you think white people are more superior? If not, is there any other race if any that you think is superior? The other part to that question is do you think it is racist to state that "x" race is superior to other races?

Personally, I don't think white people or any race is superior then any other race, I believe that given the same opportunities and physical characteristics, anybody from any race can achieve the same thing and it's definitely racist to say one race is superior to another.

Oh and if everybody who answers can state their race too, thanks.

I believe black people have an inherently lower IQ than both Anglo-Saxons and Asians due to evolutionary factors (such as desirability of intelligence and the amount of violence within their regions). They are also physically stronger due to a favorable hormonal profile and muscle insertion points. Asians have on average the highest IQ. There is no need to be racist in the sense of being mean about anything, but there are definite genetic differences between races.

Who are you basing the comment that Asians have the highest IQ on? Thats not accounting for the millions of uneducated Asian people... its hard to say any one race on average has a higher IQ, if you take into account every single member of that race it would have to be white people just because of the amount of educated vs. non educated people within the race

The fact you think desirability of intelligence and violence in regions affects the evolutionary development of any human leads me to believe you're a black person.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by kertejud2
    The fact you think desirability of intelligence and violence in regions affects the evolutionary development of any human leads me to believe you're a black person.
    Well that went downhill fast.

My Ride

Thread derailed already?! Blahhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by HyperZell

Well that went downhill fast.
    Threads on this subject never go uphill, might as well have fun when you can:

If people could just answer the questions provided it wouldn't have to go downhill like that... objectively answer the question

My Ride
    oooo

IMO every ethnic group excells at something different. It may not be politically correct but I believe it's true. It is likely due to economic factors and necessity more then anything.

Fact is most of the major discoveries/inventions have been made in Europe/America from medications to electricity. However when it comes to intricate systems (electronics) nobody can touch Asia. Japan used to make the shittiest shit ever. In the 50's it was always considered garbage. Now Japan makes some of the most sophisitcated systems in the world. Then Taiwan made garbage products in the 80's but now is the world leader in CPU development. korea was no different and now boasts companies like Hyundai (that makes everything from microchips to world class sea container ships.)

China currently makes products we all regard as disposable, however eventually I am sure they will progress and move from being known for making cheap imitations to producing cutting edge produts.

And for jewish people, love it or hate it they are the best business people on the planet. From Calvin Klein, Rupert Murdoch and Milton Hershey to companies like RCA and Dell.

I don't believe there is anything racist about it.

Oh and i am a Czech white guy in his early 30's who really sucks at basketball.

And Pshycoticclown is Asian? I always pictured you as a skinny white guy that had a hard-on for Insane Clown Posse.
    Last edited by sillysod; 03-14-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride

^Lol, I hate ICP, I dunno why, but I chose this name in Jr high or high school and just stuck around haha.

Rob Anders!
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Enough said
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Default Re: Racism Discussion

Well if we're to answer objectively

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    what race has historically shaped the world to what it is today and has accomplished the most (technologically, politically, socially, etc.)?

First it was the Mediterraneans. Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Macedonians and the like. As the Roman Empire collapsed and the Byzantine Empire took over the Arabic and Persian world lead the way in pretty much all advancements as Europe crawled forward with what essentially amounted to agricultural advancements as the Mid East (and Far East) saw tremendous scientific, social and political change that would eventually filter back into the West with the Renaissance. This re-birth was essentially going back to the Mediterranean thinkers of old made possible by the preservation of literature and knowledge by the people we're bombing and what not today. The Huns went from Mongolia all the way to Europe marauding, pillaging and causing a ruckus before settling down, while it doesn't mean much today helping bring down the Roman Empire is a pretty big accomplishment for a bunch of square-heads.

Since then white people have sort of taken the reigns if only because they won the race. Anglo-Saxons saw the biggest advancements in industry, physics and biology, Scandinavians, Slavs and the French in Chemistry, Astronomy and the like.

Thanks to religious law preventing the ability to make money Jews took over finance and such much to the chagrin of conspiracy theorists and racists ever since. Of course their advancements in physics pretty much ushered in the latter-half of the twentieth century in which various groups of white people tried to peddle their influence to various groups of darker people ("they're all Jewish bombs").

All in all, each race had pretty big influences on the other, picking up where others left off and intermingling all the while. Religious and economic factors had more to do with it than any sort of races being superior. Is "the white man's burden" a noble desire or an abhorrent one? Even amongst white people religion played a bigger role in determining success. The protestant work ethic helped drive the Colonies to succeed while the French and Spanish lagged behind.

Personally, I do think white people have accomplished more and shaped the world today (I'm Asian by the way)
    They've undoubtedly shaped the world, but accomplishments is a rather subjective term. Not to mention lumping white people into a single race is like lumping Asians into one race. The cultural and historical differences between Celts, Anglo-Saxons, Slavs, Scandinavians and Mediterraneans is as significant as the difference between Arabs, Indians and "Occidentals". The technological advancements of Japan are unrivalled by any singular group of white people.

The other question is do you think white people are more superior?
    Not really. The success and failures of various races are pretty much tied to historical social factors rather than genetics. The bigger, better black athletes has as much to do with animal husbandry as it does to
    simply being black just as the focus on rigorous study and repetition turn many an Asian student into undesirable over-achievers who mess up the curve for everyone else.

If you look at a sport like boxing it has a direct correlation with the poorest group of people to who the champions were (Irish and Italian then onto blacks and then the Hispanics). White people aren't better at hockey because ice confuses other races, hockey is played where pretty much only white people live and so on and so forth.

If not, is there any other race if any that you think is superior? The other part to that question is do you think it is racist to state that "x" race is superior to other races?
    Yes, if only by definition.

West coat of Ireland born and raised, in the Gaeltacht is where I spent most of my days...that would only be true of my parents, I was born here but the pale complexion and light hair leads me to believe none of my female ancestors were seduced by shipwrecked sailors from the Spanish Armada. My pure Celtic blood makes me undesirable for the more exclusive white supremacist groups oddly enough (let's just say I'm lucky I'm not a dirty Slav).

Could it be that Africans people have "inherently" lower IQs than Whites and Asians and are physically stronger due to ~800 years of slavery? How many generations is that of deprived education and intense physical labor?

The race that wins the space race will be the most superior race (and civilization). It is more likely than not that white race will win the space race and continue their dominance and superiority.

My Ride
    oooo

Ultimately it was the industrial revolution in England that set the Western world and Europe on the path that it is on today.

Buh_buh, IMO Africa has had to struggle through some of the worst and most difficult times in history.. droughts, slavery, the English and French occupations. They stood about as much of a chance as the Native Americans did when the Europens came over. Unfortunately the don't have oil or any real tangible resourses so the world just turns a blind eye. The middle east would be no different then Africa if it wasn't for oil reserves.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Whats so dirty about Slavs?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Konj
    Whats so dirty about Slavs?
    That's like asking whats wrong with pollacks.

Ayo!

Basically (I've always thought) that it came down to luck. White people lucked out. Unfortunately (as is being demonstrated now) there hasn't really been multiple times to luck out. There was/is no second chance. Resources and growth that could only be accomplished/used in a short time period were taken. The last 200 years of human evolution has been quite amazing. They didn't even have electricity 200 years ago And here we are with the information of the world at our finger tips.

The only other opportunity to advance a specific race of human would be space... but with the way the world is starting to inter-mingle, I don't think its about what race you are (as much).

Default Re: Racism Discussion

Originally posted by psycoticclown

Mongolians.

They discovered and spread across the Americas far in advance of anyone else. Later, they conquered half of Eurasia - Including the Chinese.

Their genetic code is possibly the most widespread on the planet.

//A little Mongol in me.
    Last edited by LollerBrader; 03-15-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast