Quantcast
New Fiat "500" compacts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Fiat "500" compacts

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Talking New Fiat "500" compacts

So I heard eastside dodge is bringing in the new Fiats, so stopped by there today to have a look. How are they? Damn if I would have known Fiat would be making a return to Canada, I would have waited to buy one of them as a DD. Apparently there will be a turbo version released soon thats 177hp

Such cool little cars anybody own one yet?
    It's crazy, for $23k, you get a fully loaded one. Not bad for Italian built car
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-15-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

I really want one!

$300 / month for the sport model is ok I guess - 84 months @6%.

Here is the configuration tool:

https://www.fiatcanada.com/home/inde...showVideo=true

My Ride
    Grimace

I liked it quite a bit at the autoshow for a small car. It is something different in the mix with the regular yaris/fit etc.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Just a fad. It will be like Mini, Beetle or Smart. Novelty wear off quick.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

thats something a gay person would drive... you guys crazy? might aswell buy a VW bug

Not very good if you are a tall person. A Smart has more room.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by InRich
    thats something a gay person would drive... you guys crazy? might aswell buy a VW bug
    Absolutley. No let me be right about my penis size too and go buy an X5 to compensate, err no wait how about an H2?
    Yes, to be sure I'm gayer then Richard Simmons in a prom dress because I want an Italian car that sips gas, yet is still a blast to drive
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

Hopefully we see the Abarth 500 edition. These things are insanely popular in Europe, they also make sense as a city car. small, does the chores, etc. And this way you can afford something "fun"

You should have went to the car show to explore it. My experience is it looks small and when you get inside, it turns out to be exactly that...small.

Unlike a Mini where I find it's quite roomy inside, the Fiat really feels tight inside. The backseat is just for show, just like the 2+2 in a Porsche 911. If you're above 6 feet it's a two person car. Interesting design though, and I'm sure it's great on gas too. I think 100hp for the standard model and the Abarth will be 170hp.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

55MPG is insane. For something to cruise around the city in to get to work,school, groceries etc this wouldn't be horrible., I wouldn't actually mind it. It costs me about $80/week to fill up the G and prices are definitely going up this summer.

Probably be more serious about it after the first year of production has run through. The black sport model doesn't look bad though. Really wish I paid more attention at the autoshow this year. I mean hell I could sell the G35 and later get a real sports car (think Porsche) and have this as a DD. I guess it depends how cheap the interior feels. Even comparing the G37 and 370z was a night and day difference to me :s I wonder if the back seats fold down or not, didn't see any mention of it.

This one interior pic though, the chick has pretty hairy arms
    Ultracrepidarian

these little cars are EVERYWHERE in europe, cool to see they are finally making it overseas
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

If the size of your vehicle is inversely proportional to the size of your dick, then the fact that you drive a Fiat 500 should explain the limp.
    You could say that again. Booze just kept flowing. We walked home (tried to plow at that elgin monument hill park thing) haha...too cold, but that explains the night.
    -WH

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

They loved the 500 on Top Gear. The cluster was a bit weird when I sat in one at the auto show, and the back seats seemed pretty useless. Definitely a cool car though. If I were in the market for a car like this, it would probably be my first choice.

Any links that reference Canada getting the Abarth?
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

My first driving experience was in the original cinquecento. As much as I love the car's concept I am not sure it will do well in USA which is all that matters for Fiat.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by msommers
    55MPG is insane. For something to cruise around the city in to get to work,school, groceries etc this wouldn't be horrible., I wouldn't actually mind it. It costs me about $80/week to fill up the G and prices are definitely going up this summer.

Probably be more serious about it after the first year of production has run through. The black sport model doesn't look bad though. Really wish I paid more attention at the autoshow this year. I mean hell I could sell the G35 and later get a real sports car (think Porsche) and have this as a DD. I guess it depends how cheap the interior feels. Even comparing the G37 and 370z was a night and day difference to me :s I wonder if the back seats fold down or not, didn't see any mention of it.

This one interior pic though, the chick has pretty hairy arms
    If you mostly care about fuel economy, you can get that in the new Elantra and have more room than the 500.

I felt cramped inside but it is a cute little bugger and WAY better than a Smart car.

The Abarth...

Still prefer the Mini. Maybe some of the mini drivers will pick up these things though and I can get a CooperS for cheaper.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    DA6, R59

For the price point, I think id rather have a scion iq but I would rather take a MINI over either of them (however I am a bit biased).

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by ryanallan

$300 / month for the sport model
    Haha, with current gas prices, I spend more on fuel a month than the monthly payment for this car.

Maybe I should switch it up!

Its somewhat a minimalist concept but it isn't by the time its loaded with the bells & whistles... and while I'd say its the perfect in-city and weekend commutor for trips around the British isles and congested & old areas of Europe. However they just don't drive in the same conditions and don't have freeways that we do..

Though I'm intrested in driving one, we're a long-commuting, hockey/soccer mom oriented bunch who likes having room, regardless of how often its used. Coupled with that, we do have hairy winters and personally I don't like short wheelbased cars perform at highway speeds in thoes conditions.

I'll taker for a spin for the sake of it, but IMO the perfect on-road vehicle for economy and practicality is the TDI Wagon... wish more people would jump on that bandwagon.

^^ holy eff! haha, that may be a good idea
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast