Quantcast
Opinions please... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions please...

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Zephyr
    one thing bad about german luxury cars, is the repair bills........i'm poor because of that.....argh
    Once my warranty is up, I am moving on to another car!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    BMW

Yeah, the Japanese cars are pretty nice (Acuras and such), but if I were you, go for Euro cars! Like someone said earlier, they are more stylish and classier. It doesn't matter if you have a pimped out TL Type-S. If parked side-by-side to an Audi A4 or BMW 3-series, there is no question as to which car your friends and/or chicks will be asking to ride in. Period.

Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
    Yeah, the Japanese cars are pretty nice (Acuras and such), but if I were you, go for Euro cars! Like someone said earlier, they are more stylish and classier. It doesn't matter if you have a pimped out TL Type-S. If parked side-by-side to an Audi A4 or BMW 3-series, there is no question as to which car your friends and/or chicks will be asking to ride in. Period.
    True but I don't want chicks and my friends riding with my mom. The extra money doesn't justify what you get, so euro cars are out.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by max_boost

Once my warranty is up, I am moving on to another car!
    man once my warranty was over, my 5 series basically fell apart...

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

get whatever feels more comfy and last long.. after all it IS your mom's car.. doesnt need to be a head turner!

My Ride
    911 Turbo

BMW baby 5 or 3 series.
    This guy knows what he's talkin bout!

My Ride
    911 Turbo

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

True but I don't want chicks and my friends riding with my mom. The extra money doesn't justify what you get, so euro cars are out.
    Listen to Big Six! Just because it's your mom's car doesn't mean that you should want to ride in the inferior car. Go European all the way!

My Ride
    NC1

man once my warranty was over, my 5 series basically fell apart...
    That is what I am worried about!

At least the first 3 years of a new BMW car has free scheduled maintenance.

Something to think about 5.9RT
    I am user #49

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

i think its all riged, they calculated it to when the car should start falling apart, so thats how long the warranty is

My Ride
    NC1

Maybe its just me but I have been always under the assumption that Euro cars will not make it to 150000Kms without spending a fortune on repairs. Where as most Hondas Toyota/Honda are basically problem free.
    I am user #49

The japanese are building cars that are nice but BMW and Mercedes are still on another scale completely. Even Volvo is still probably ahead of Acura and Lexus. Go German or Go home! (when spending $50,000)

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller

Listen to Big Six! Just because it's your mom's car doesn't mean that you should want to ride in the inferior car. Go European all the way!
    Japanese cars are by no means inferior (except in terms of handling). Lexus is by far the most reliable and well put together car on the road. There is no justification for the 10 grand more to get a 3 series, and like i said before, my parents are only spending max 45 000 grand on a car, and would like leather seats and all that other junk. They are not looking at BMW anymore because they can't get what they want for a good price, never liked any of the entry-lux cars from merc, saab is to weird looking, volvo is not their style, and pretty much everything else is out of their price range. So if anyone else has comments on the narrowed down list of a G35, TL, A4, or ES 300 please give your two cents.
    Last edited by 5.9 R/T; 09-09-2002 at 07:49 PM.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Yeah I'd say the TL is a good choice. It's roomy, looks decent, and is overall nice. Plus you wont have to worry about monster european car repair bills.

Ok so I looked at the G35 and the TL tonight, the G35 is now out. Delivery in nov/dec is simply to long to wait. On a better note though, it was a beautiful car. All the touchy feely stuff was exactly where you would expect and it felt well put together. I didn't get a chance to test drive one since the sales people there completely ignored my mom and I even after asking the front desk for "help". Finally my mom get pissed and left so i went after one of the sales people that were 'busy'. I asked for help so he tried to find someone that wasn't busy but when everyone was i asked him if he was a salesman and he said no, but then he went off on all the different features and trim differences on the G35. Prick. Then off to the Acura dealership to check out the TL. I walk in and sat down in the base TL and wasn't as impressed as I was with the G. It felt more plasticy and just didn't feel like it was at the same level as the G. But what was there was well situated and was by no means unluxurous, it just didn't feel as nice as the G. Also had problem with the sales people there too. I asked for a brochure right away and he told me they didn't have any. So I got out of the car and asked the guy if there were any options on the type S that wernt on the base. He told me that I should look at the 1.7 EL or the accord. I was quite pissed at this point so i asked him if the 3.2 is the same platform as the accord. The moron said no. I told him that's not what the guys at honda told me. He then back tracked and said that it was the same platform but the TL is longer and wider. I then made a comment on how the interior of the TL didn't seem to match the G35. He then asked me to hold on a second and went and got me a brochure! LOL! Anyways i dinked around with this guy for a while and to make a long story short he wants me back tomorrow to test drive both the base and the S, I think i'll take him up on that offer, then maybe test the G as well just for shits and giggles. I hate car salesmen, when your my age you really have to push your way in to get anything out of them. Bunch of pricks in my opinion.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

oh man that sounds like fun!! im gonna go make fun of some salesman when my mom go shop for her cars! so weird.. last time we went to a dealership.. some azn salesman came up to us RIGHT AWAY.. started talking in Chinese.. the first 15 mins was about the car.. then for some reason he started talking about his family.. and when we left he was talking about university.. how his daughter is going to Queens and how expensive it is and shiet.. wtf!

My Ride
    BMW E70

What Acura dealership did you go to? I bought my old EL from Silverhill and had pretty good service there, and the MDX we bought from Northwest.

The delivery on the G35 is what threw us off of it too, but- even with the MDX there was a 3 month wait. We just got lucky and someone backed out at the last minute. Only thing is my dad wanted black, my mom wanted silver and we ended up with gold.

Did you look at the I35's? They are a pretty nice car too, classier looking than the G35's but not as sporty. I think they have the same engines too.

which one does your mom like?

My Ride
    AP1

Well I thnk Accord & Camry can't really be in the same category as the G35, Benz's and BMW's.
    The next level after the Accord,Camry would be the TL Type S or the new Maxima which are pretty decent cars especially for the price.
    I personall like the G35 or as mentioned a BMW or Benz, only thing is they are pushing your $45K limit, you should look into a used Lexus GS300 really good car, powerplant is same as IS300 but more room and spacious.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Go check out the Maxima. I 've always been treated awesome at every Nissan dealership in town even though I am only 22.

My Ride
    BMW E70

I should have posted this before. But- have you checked out the 2003 Accords? Thay are completely resdesigned. The V6 is the 3.5L with 240hp and a navigation system is optional. You get dual heated leather seats with power adjustments. I think they are either just about or just arrived at the dealers. There isn't too much info out there on them yet, but here is a canadian site for it:
    http://english.honda.ca/accord2003/default.asp
    it might be worth a look

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast