Quantcast
Filing a False Police Report - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Filing a False Police Report

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Default Filing a False Police Report

How much trouble can someone get in for doing this?

Some greasy fucks filed one against me in an accident that was their daughters freinds fault, saying i was at fault. Anywho i have an unbiased witness from the street corner that will vouch for my story so i'm confident i wont take the hit from insurance. But i waNT these low life dishonest fucks to get ass raped... so ya, can they get in alot of trouble? I'm going to file mine tonight with all the true info and witness contact info.

And of course my Diagram I drew up in autocad lol

Plus can i release their info to you guys if i want? lol or will i get in shit.......
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 03-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.

It'd be in your best interest not to release their info until the Police and insurance companies have done their work, no need to mess up your case

My Ride

Haha true, I'm just livid!

These idiots let their daughters 16 year old freind take there SUV out one night, she decides to turn on 3rd st from 4th ave across 2 lanes of traffic right infront of me like there's a justin bieber t shirt sale, i hit her on the side and they tell insurance i turned into them?

Take some fucking responsibility for your retarded creations and their friends They were like hysterical and crying and shit and i wasn't even mad. I just said relax we'll figure it out and tried to calm them down. So much for being nice, shoulda box kicked them

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    So much for being nice, shoulda box kicked them
    You should of but the accident never happend on the internet so you didn't.

My Ride
    This and that.

It's a criminal offense to file a false police report. Penalties can include, well various criminal sanctions. But the fact she's 16, she may get away with it. While you are at the police station today filing a report, ask the cop how much trouble can you get for filing a false report. And update us all as well.

My Ride

I'd assume the dad did the report, the cops said I should be good because of all the info I have/the witness/the damage. I didn't think to ask them, but they didn't seem to care that it was reported wrong and just added my side to the existing one.... Fuck weak! Haha

My Ride
    2010 Transition Covert

Good luck bud. Fucks like these deserve to get raped by the full extent of the long, crooked cock of the law. Subscribed.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Where is this AutoCad diagram.

I want to see your skillz
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

I'd assume the dad did the report, the cops said I should be good because of all the info I have/the witness/the damage. I didn't think to ask them, but they didn't seem to care that it was reported wrong and just added my side to the existing one.... Fuck weak! Haha
    Nothing will happen. The police have better things to do than deal with people lying on accident forms, especially since a lot of accidents are circumstantial.

Unless you lost somehow and then appealed the decision higher up nothing at all will happen to her or her father beyond covering the damages.

Just take the win, spit on her father, and walk away.
    Last edited by Tram Common; 03-16-2011 at 06:05 PM.

My Ride

That's what I said to my pops, they got better things to do. I can respect that.

Haha I'll post the diagram tomorrow. It's pretty funny.

take them to court. if they lie under oath and can be proved wrong, it ends up in jail time for them i believe.
    if they don't lie, then they'd be confirming your story which would end up exactly as your hoping for.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

The only time falsifying police reports really mater is when the crown can use it to squeeze out information or flip people to witnesses

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by syritis
    take them to court. if they lie under oath and can be proved wrong, it ends up in jail time for them i believe.
    if they don't lie, then they'd be confirming your story which would end up exactly as your hoping for.
    No, not even close, it's all circumstantial... no POV is more correct than the other.

Just take the win and walk away.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Tram Common

No, not even close, it's all circumstantial... no POV is more correct than the other.

Just take the win and walk away.

It's not circumstantial when one party has unbiased witnesses. Circumstantial would be when it's one persons word against the other, or the police investigates the crime scene and reach a certain conclusion based on the circumstances (skid marks, angle of hit etc). It's considered circumstantial because it's not 100% at that point, which is why not as much weight is given to it in Court. The whole point of witnesses is that the police has enough evidence/proof to go against one of the parties.

Technically, falsifying a police report IS a crime and if one was to pursue it, they can cause significant problems for the lying side. Considering that they have evidence, which the OP states that he does in the form of unbiased witness. Lying in the Court though is a whole another step up and if proven is called Perjury. It's considered a pretty serious offence since the person is lying under the oath.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-16-2011 at 08:48 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by shakalaka

It's not circumstantial when one party has unbiased witnesses. Circumstantial would be when it's one persons word against the other, or the police investigates the crime scene and reach a certain conclusion based on the circumstances (skid marks, angle of hit etc). It's considered circumstantial because it's not 100% at that point, which is why not as much weight is given to it in Court. The whole point of witnesses is that the police has enough evidence/proof to go against one of the parties.

I can tell you've never been to court.

It doesn't matter who the witness sides with, it doesn't matter how much evidence is against you... every person is entitled to plead innocent no matter what the charge or crime... there's absolutely no penalty for doing so.
    Last edited by Tram Common; 03-16-2011 at 09:40 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

I've never been to court?

LOL

I was gonna get into all this, but I am just going to leave it here. No point in trying to educate the close minded.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Tram Common

I can tell you've never been to court.

It doesn't matter who the witness sides with, it doesn't matter how much evidence is against you... every person is entitled to plead innocent no matter what the charge or crime... there's absolutely no penalty for doing so.
    You're a retard.

Shak is a lawyer.
    Last edited by FraserB; 03-16-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by FraserB

You're a retard.

Shak is a lawyer.
    Oh really? Me too! I'm also a fighter jet pilot and a doctor.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I was gonna get into all this, but I am just going to leave it here. No point in trying to educate the close minded.
    There's nothing to get into, there are no consequences for filling out a police report that says you're the innocent one in a car crash.

The witness and the other police report will say otherwise and a decision should favour them... but there's nothing illegal about filling it out the way you saw it, even if it's wrong... it's circumstantial and if you were a lawyer you'd know all this very well.

The only thing illegal would be to fill it out blatantly lying about things, like saying your car was somewhere it absolutely wasn't, going the opposite direction or something... which isn't what this girl or her father did, they just turned it around as though it was JC's fault the accident occurred... and there's nothing illegal about that.
    Last edited by Tram Common; 03-16-2011 at 11:42 PM.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

That's what I said to my pops, they got better things to do. I can respect that.

Haha I'll post the diagram tomorrow. It's pretty funny.
    subscribed for your shitty CAD skillz

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

EDIT: Release the info and let their lives be ruined.
    Last edited by Shlade; 03-17-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast