Quantcast
Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2011

Default Celebrity Apprentice 2011

Had this on season record on my PVR and just watched the first two episodes.

All I can say is that the IQ bar on this season is definitely a notch or two lower than previous ones. Quite the collection of personalities and talents, so it'll be interesting to see the drama unfold. Instead of an analysis of the episodes, I'll just categorize each contestant by what I think their chances are:

Easy Target
    Hope Dworaczyk - will last a few more episodes because she flies under the radar. too quiet and passive to be able to fend off criticism or stand up for her own idea.
    LaToya Jackson - sitting duck. Too much of a softy, avoids conflict.
    Jose Canseco - doesn't seem too intelligent. Maybe it's the beady, lifeless eyes.

Cruise Control
    Gary Busey - despite being awesome to watch, he's too volatile and doesn't take criticism too well
    NeNe Leakes - seems dumb, but street smart enough to fend for herself
    Lil Jon - likeable guy, quiet and doesn't put himself out there but hasn't shown good leadership qualities
    Mark McGrath - also another likeable guy. more vocal and seems to be everyone's friend. most potential of the guys in this category
    Meat Loaf - wears heart on sleeve and easily flustered
    Niki Taylor - smart and likeable female contestant. will last a while, but will get eaten alive by the sistas if she doesn't speak up
    Dionne Warwick - I hate this bigoted b*tch. She'll last a few more episodes only because most of the women are afraid of her. Will be the most clueless PM.

The Contenders
    Richard Hatch - devious, intelligent guy
    Star Jones - alpha-dog and sharpest of the women. will be interesting to see how her condescending personality holds up
    Marlee Matlin - most well-rounded
    John Rich - showed good leadership qualities. dark horse
    Last edited by gmoney82; 03-17-2011 at 02:39 PM.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

Star Jones does seem like she's intelligent and a leader, but fuck what a bitch

I fucking hate Star Jones.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

If Richard Hatch wins a competition they might want to check who his charity is, and if its legit.

http://www.justice.gov/tax/txdv05463.htm

I hate Star Jones on the show. No wonder she was forced to leave The View.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
    Star Jones does seem like she's intelligent and a leader, but fuck what a bitch
    Originally posted by Impreza
    I fucking hate Star Jones.

Originally posted by dezmarez

I hate Star Jones on the show. No wonder she was forced to leave The View.

I hate that bitch so much

What's funny is when they were discussing the children's book concept, she was all like "the message will be - Be yourself" yet the stupid bitch goes and gets gastric bypass surgery

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Richard Hatch is on it? Sold.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

last night's episode confirmed my hunch that John Rich is a contender. Fierce dude who knows when to pick his battles.

My Ride
    e92

My business is going to be featured on tomorrow's celebrity apprentice 2 hour special episode, make sure you tune in ! Pm me for info

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Video phones? Seriously?

Originally posted by Kg810
    Video phones? Seriously?

Apparently they missed the memo on Apple's Facetime. Bye Dionne, Nene was surprisingly good as PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I would definitely move Gary down a tier and pick Lil Jon as my underdog out of that list. I see a lot of fight in that guy and he's very creative, a great presenter and has tons skills that will help with the types of tasks Donald comes with.

Originally posted by supe
    I would definitely move Gary down a tier and pick Lil Jon as my underdog out of that list. I see a lot of fight in that guy and he's very creative, a great presenter and has tons skills that will help with the types of tasks Donald comes with.
    Agreed. His risk paid off as the clincher to win that task. No chance in hell the guys could compete with the women on an emotional themed commercial. Donald Jr. especially seemed impressed.

Well, Richard's inability to leverage his 'celebrity' turned out to be his Achilles Heel. Too bad we didn't get a chance to see him as PM.

I have never seen a PM answer the Donald's questions as well as John Rich. Good lesson on how to keep your emotions out of a debate and be objective. My favorite to win it all. What a great episode.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by gmoney82
    Well, Richard's inability to leverage his 'celebrity' turned out to be his Achilles Heel. Too bad we didn't get a chance to see him as PM.

I have never seen a PM answer the Donald's questions as well as John Rich. Good lesson on how to keep your emotions out of a debate and be objective. My favorite to win it all. What a great episode.

First task man.

They lost to the girls.

He was a brutal leader.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Originally posted by dezmarez

First task man.

They lost to the girls.

He was a brutal leader.
    You're right, his performance in the pilot was forgettable.

Mediocre episode in which both teams did not have a firm grasp on the messaging with Latoya's team edging Mark's team with the safer theme. An episode based more on personal conflict than task accomplishment.

Gary Busey has lasted longer than anybody would have imagined and is simply brilliant at being unpredictable. He simply has no grasp on the reality of his contributions. Even Trump is running out of nice things to say about Gary. Mark played the honorable leader card too early and pretty much planted the seed to his own firing in Trump's head from the get go. Definitely had a chance at getting Gary fired if Gary's inappropriateness were immediately brought forward as a reason they lost.

Nene's outburst in the end was pretty harsh. No one in ASAP felt the need to support Latoya from the beginning despite her obvious shortcomings as a PM, so I think they were almost disappointed that they won the task.

Next week's episode seems like the one where each group will try to lynch their weakest member. Should get interesting.