Quantcast
Fish Creek Nissan - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fish Creek Nissan

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Another for Brasso. I was almost going to buy a truck there. The guys were straight up about everything, printed me an invoice to compare to other dealerships, and corrected other dealers' mistakes.

Awhile ago when I had my 240sx I ordered all my parts from there; this was probably 5 or so years ago.
    Ultracrepidarian

Been to the used lot as Fish Creek a few times. Other than the trailer/office looking like a complete dump, the staff was helpful, not pushy, and doesn't come with you on test drives. I have no complaints, but I've never been to the new vehicles side.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Gibson
    Just a heads up about Stadium, my dad took my mom's '99 Altima for a routine service last month and they charged him for a cabin air filter. Great, only that car doesn't have a cabin air filter.

They admitted to their mistake and reimbursed him but the average person isn't going to pick up on that kind of thing.
    They do make mistakes but my dealing with them 3+ years ago is that they don't really upsell much compare to other dealer service shops.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I would never goto Fish Creek Nissan. Not sure about their sales but service and parts is retarded.

Blew a motor, brought it to them to replace. Here's a list of fuck ups from them:

- They replaced multiple parts without fixing the motor and tried to charge me thousands for them. Things like $700 for a starter.
    - Ordered the wrong motor then had to order a second one
    - Service manager refused to take calls from me and when I came at him face to face about when my car was going to be done he was a total dick.
    - Held me car for 3 months without getting it running, then they realized they were incapable of fixing it and sent it to Infiniti who got it done in 4 days.
    - When I finally got the car back they tried to charge me for thousands in extra parts a second time.

I'd stay far away from Fish Creek.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Edge

I used to take my car to Fish Creek after I first bought it, maybe for a year or two. Then, it was either when one of the more major maintenance services was coming up or I was looking into getting SE-R sway bars, I checked out Brasso. For whatever service it was it was a couple hundred cheaper.

Parts are much cheaper at Brasso as well. A few years ago a former co-worker used to bring his Xterra to Stadium until I told him that I found Brasso cheaper, and when he had to get his rear suspension replaced, it was quite a bit cheaper at Brasso.

I had Brasso quote for a pulley install, and when it was all said and done, I paid about $100 less than the quote. Even had a service guy tell me last year that they didn't want to check into a noise issue with my aftermarket suspension (they did check all the bolts) because at $130/hr, it wasn't going to be worth it for me and it wasn't affecting anything.

Anyway, in about 4 years I have never had a problem with Brasso and never had them push me for a repair. Recommend them.

My Ride
    06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33

Originally posted by Xtrema

They do make mistakes but my dealing with them 3+ years ago is that they don't really upsell much compare to other dealer service shops.
    From what I understand, they are generally pretty good, but for anyone taking their car there for service just make sure to double check the bill.

Originally posted by duaner

I used to take my car to Fish Creek after I first bought it, maybe for a year or two. Then, it was either when one of the more major maintenance services was coming up or I was looking into getting SE-R sway bars, I checked out Brasso. For whatever service it was it was a couple hundred cheaper.

Parts are much cheaper at Brasso as well. A few years ago a former co-worker used to bring his Xterra to Stadium until I told him that I found Brasso cheaper, and when he had to get his rear suspension replaced, it was quite a bit cheaper at Brasso.

I had Brasso quote for a pulley install, and when it was all said and done, I paid about $100 less than the quote. Even had a service guy tell me last year that they didn't want to check into a noise issue with my aftermarket suspension (they did check all the bolts) because at $130/hr, it wasn't going to be worth it for me and it wasn't affecting anything.

Anyway, in about 4 years I have never had a problem with Brasso and never had them push me for a repair. Recommend them.
    This seems really odd to me, how can different dealerships of the same manufacturer get away with charging customers more? Would be interesting to find out how much of a difference there are between dealerships even in the same city in all the different manufacturers.

My Ride
    Bicycle

This seems really odd to me, how can different dealerships of the same manufacturer get away with charging customers more? Would be interesting to find out how much of a difference there are between dealerships even in the same city in all the different manufacturers.
    Don't think there is an MSRP on parts. But thanks to internet, dealership can BS less on cost of parts. They will BS, Varsity quoted me a $600 front brake pad change once on a Caravan and I told them they must be on crack and took the business to Big 4.

My Ride
    Edge

As far as I know, all dealerships are independently owned and operated. They likely all pay the same cost from Nissan (or whichever car maker) for all their inventory (cars, parts, accessories), and then can mark things up as little or as much as they want. They probably set their own labor rates as well.

This would be why different Ford dealers can sell the same vehicle at different prices and why it pays to shop around. They are all competing for business.

It's just a hunch but I think I am correct.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Bumping a very old thread.

I'm just needing some advice about a very bad experience I just had with this dealership. Their sales department is ok but it's their service department that has very, very, very bad customer service.

Basically, paid something that I shouldn't have paid for as it was under the extended warranty. Also, a work with the transmission has left about 3 bolts that were not torque'd properly and ended up being loose, making clunking sound underneath the car.

Their service manager is also rude, non-apologetic, no sympathy; no customer service at all. 0/10.

I plan to call Nissan Canada. Have you guys reported a dealership before to their main office? Who else did you guys talk to? Dealership owner?

Thanks everyone.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Fish Creek Nissan is owned by the dealer group Auto Canada. If you want better results than Nissan Canada, talk to someone in Corporate at Auto Canada and express your customer service experience to them.

https://www.autocan.ca/contact.htm

Its always best to go higher up the ladder to get results but in your case, perhaps speak with the General Manager first and see if it can be resolved there. If not, then go higher. In some cases, Nissan Canada is useless and will either side with the dealer or will tell you to resolve with the dealer somehow. In my case, I got better results going straight up the corporate ladder.

But good luck! Keep us posted
    Last edited by dj_rice; 07-16-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fish Creek Nissan is owned by the dealer group Auto Canada. If you want better results than Nissan Canada, talk to someone in Corporate at Auto Canada and express your customer service experience to them.

https://www.autocan.ca/contact.htm
    This for sure. Those big dealer groups can be ruthless with thier individual dealerships.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Thank you very much. I will probably start talking with Auto Canada first. I will also talk to Nissan Canada just to report them. I just feel like talking to the dealership again (any manager), will do nothing. I have dealt with the same Service Manager 4 months ago and he has been the same.

Thanks again. I will provide an update once available.

I should update this thread as well - we have since had 2 very bad experiences with Fish Creek Nissan.

1) New vehicle purchase, coles notes is that it was the shadiest, most awful back & forth with the finance manager "dance" for ~3 hours. At one point they refused to give the keys back for the trade-in to delay our departure. If there hadn't been a significant manufacturer promo expiring that night with not enough time to make it to a different dealership, we would have left.

2) Go there for an oil change, since they were advertising a deal on oil changes (all types). They end up putting regular oil (not synthetic) in the vehicle, despite being able to see the entire service history was synthetic only, and made a huge stink when we wanted it done properly and as originally promised. It was a huge fight and multiple escalations before they would budge. Another 0/10 for their customer service and intentionally trying to take advantage of a less car-saavy family member.

Go to a dealer that isn't FCN or owned by the same people.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I have owned every Japanese brand in my life except Nissan. Life has been good.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have owned every Japanese brand in my life except Nissan. Life has been good.
    This would be my last Nissan for sure. Having said that, I have owned 3 Nissans in total and the only one I never had problems with was my G37S (I miss it so much lol).

Just getting our vehicle serviced first on Thursday then I will do the necessary steps to report them.

Reliability wise, we've had great experiences with Nissans. We had a 2000 Maxima for about 10 years and still have a 2012 Murano. Neither had a single issue and the only money ever spent on them was routine maintenance. It's the dealers that are garbage - Brasso used to be the only good one, I am not sure if that is still the case or not.

Negotiatiated for my wifes Used Acura rdx, they were asking 13,5 and close to 15 with gst and thier fees. We paid cash and offered 11k because they were all valued a few thousand cheaper at other dealerships with similar mileage and "waived fees". Older sales guys just smirked when we made out offer after watching fee after fee added. We ended up leaving, received a call the next day saying 13 and trade in your crv with a blown head gasket, wife wanted to accept and I told her no wait another day or continue looking at some other options first, after arguing with my wife for a day and being called stupid
    and that I dont know anything about negotiating because she thought the car would be magically sold, they called a day later accepting the 11k. She called me at work the next morning apologizing and in disbelief..I was just telling her yeah ... it's all a waiting game lol a couple thousand isnt much I'm sure (maybe to the salesman because of commission) .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2