Quantcast
Blue collar discrimination - The forgotten victims. - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Blue collar discrimination - The forgotten victims.

My Ride
    NC1

I think it's just a flaw that's in us. We are all guilty of at some point.

Perhaps it's more noticeable in sales. Time=Money. Chances are the sales staff will pay more attention to the individual who dresses to impress.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

And what's with the I make more than you comments?

Screen shot your bank account or t4 thanks. LOL
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by max_boost

Screen shot your bank account or t4 thanks. LOL
    Yep - Let's see it and don't steal Sam's.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

It's funny how many guys are bitching about being judged one way or another. You're probably the same guys that judge women based on their tits and asses.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by vengie

When I was 16 I went to Calgary Honda to look at an RSX-s they had on the lot. I asked for assistance and had NO ONE willing to help, so what did I do? I went to Jack Carter and bought and brand new Cobalt ss/sc $31,xxx. That was a potential cheque out of the sales man at Honda, but he was unable to ask the questions to find out my intentions. Whats even funnier was I worked at Calgary Honda at 17 and he recognized me, and asked me if I was the one looking at that Rsx 6 months earlier... as I got in my Cobalt.

/Rant
    Your story reminds me of when I went to precision hyundai (was looking at the Gen coupe 2.0) and I expressed interest in taking the Gen coupe GT out for a test drive.

I had done all the research on all modles of the coupe and knew more about the car than the salesman and had pretty much sold at least the 2.0T to myself. Upon requesting the test drive of the GT, the googly eyed bastard salesman made this face and then informed me that the GT test drives were only for serious buyers.

I haven't set foot in a Hyundai dealership since.

/End thread jack
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by ringmaster

Your story reminds me of when I went to precision hyundai (was looking at the Gen coupe 2.0) and I expressed interest in taking the Gen coupe GT out for a test drive.

I had done all the research on all modles of the coupe and knew more about the car than the salesman and had pretty much sold at least the 2.0T to myself. Upon requesting the test drive of the GT, the googly eyed bastard salesman made this face and then informed me that the GT test drives were only for serious buyers.

I haven't set foot in a Hyundai dealership since.

/End thread jack
    Funny, I went to crowfoot hyundai when I was looking for a new car (I was 22), dressed like a bum. Sweats, hoody, skate shoes. Within 10 minutes I was test driving a Genesis 3.8 GT. Oh yea, I'm black

I when people judge me by appearance because I couldn't give two shits lol

My Ride
    Evo X GSR

^^^This . People will always judge you no matter what race you are, where you work, or where you live. If I was to let that kinda crap get to me I'd be one angry negro Easier to just laugh it off or use their perception to your advantage when necessary. (see sig)
    Last edited by joseph; 03-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Its not the hand you're dealt it's how you play your cards.

WTF is with people wearing dirty ass coveralls, hard hats, safety glasses in restaurants, timmys, etc. You look like a bunch of retards.

Im field service mechanic by trade, and never have i worn my coveralls anywhere but work.

Another note is that the blue collar / trashy people always get off on the SE side of the C-train each day. The classy / white collar people stick to the SW.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by somerset_dude
    Another note is that the blue collar / trashy people always get off on the SE side of the C-train each day. The classy / white collar people stick to the SW.
    Yeah, and all the real baller white collar guys are taking the train with them because they choose to be humble and take the train instead of using their designated downtown parking spot.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

I find the more money I make the less I give a fuck what others think I make.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Chester

Funny, I went to crowfoot hyundai when I was looking for a new car (I was 22), dressed like a bum. Sweats, hoody, skate shoes. Within 10 minutes I was test driving a Genesis 3.8 GT. Oh yea, I'm black
    I did that at crowfoot wanting to drive the base coupe and the salesman told me not to waste his fucking time

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by syeve

Yep - Let's see it and don't steal Sam's.
    Silly wabbit. Asian restauranteurs are notorious for grossly under reporting income.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I find the more money I make the less I give a fuck what others think I make.
    +10000 this
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by somerset_dude
    You lasted 33 posts, you made some good points earlier in your career. Too bad.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Depends on my mood...

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say about some of this "white collar looking down on blue collar" nonsense.

If some myopic salesperson takes one look at me and loses a sale, that's THEIR problem. I always make a point of spending a few minutes studying and observing the salesforce at any establishment. If I see someone getting snubbed by an individual, I won't deal with that person. If I notice too many of the salepeople acting that way, I LEAVE the establishment and GO to one worthy of my patronage. Sometimes I make a point of informing management why they lost a sale (especially if it's an item of significant value) OR I note everything and write a letter to someone I know in senior management or even the owner.

You'd be surprised to hear the kind of results I get.

Businesses deserving of my patronage will get my money. It's almost a form of free entertainment to me, in my opinion. I am black, so as you can imagine I find myself getting into some pretty preposterous scenarios.

My father was a classic car dealer for many years and he would have gone bankrupt snubbing people based on their appearance. In fact, he had a VERY difficult time starting his business BECAUSE of the colour of his skin. Eventually, word spread of his reputation in tracking down specific vehicles and having a fair price. Many of his customers became lifelong friends.

People who HAVE money usually:

A) Honestly don't care what other people think about them (and are far more likely to be assertive and self-confident... especially if they earned their wealth as opposed to inheiriting it),
    B) Make an effort to appear poorer than they really are - thereby giving them room to bargain (how do the wealthy stay that way?),
    C) Have a connection at the establishment in question,
    D) Want to be treated with dignity, fairness and respect,
    E) Either zooms in on the senior employee capable of bargaining (ie: manager/supervisor/owner) OR looks for the inexperienced employee so that they can tear them apart on the price,
    and
    F) Vote with their wallets AND their feet.

People that try TOO hard to LOOK like they're made of money usually:

A) Have self esteem issues/are insecure (a shark salesperson can smell them at 50 yards away)
    B) Have a higher propensity of being unnecessarily duped, cornered or shamed into a more expensive product ("After all - if you look THIS wealthy, you MUST be able to afford the upgrade to X, right?")
    C) Tends to crave or demand more attention than the average consumer
    D) Get jittery or backpedal when financial details, terms or commitments are brought up

Just my two cents. I'd get into more detail if I had space... but then I'd be writing a book and charging $19.95 for it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5