Quantcast
Tragic accident as man suffers serious injury after woman loses control of truck on C - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tragic accident as man suffers serious injury after woman loses control of truck on C

My Ride
    Turbo charged 1977 Datsun 280Z

Default Tragic accident as man suffers serious injury after woman loses control of truck on C

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Tragic accident as man suffers serious injury after woman loses control of truck on Crowchild Tr.

Posted on 22 March 2011
    A 30-year old man is the victim of a set of tragic circumstances after he was struck by a truck Monday evening in northwest Calgary while he was walking to get assistance for an accident that disabled his own car moments before. Police say icy road conditions were to blame.

At just before 9:30 p.m. on Monday, the man was driving his vehicle south in the 600 block of Crowchild Trail N.W. when he lost control and collided with a centre median light standard. The man, along with his passenger, were uninjured, but his car was not drivable.

He left his car and began walking down the centre median towards 5 Ave to call for help. A woman driving a truck was traveling south on Crowchild Trail when she lost control of the vehicle, crossed the median and struck the pedestrian.

The man suffering from a serious head injury and was transported to hospital by EMS. The woman was uninjured in the accident.

Police consider the very icy road conditions to be a factor in the accident. They do not believe that alcohol contributed to the crash. The incident is still under investigation and there have been no decisions made concerning possible charges.

Calgary Police are looking for any witnesses to the accident. If you have yet to be spoken to by the police, you are asked to call the Calgary Police Service Traffic Section at 403-567-4000.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Oh man, hope the man is ok.

Thats terrible, sliding that bad into the median?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Bonjour hommes,

Tragic accident as man suffers serious injury after woman loses control of truck on Crowchild Tr.

A 30-year old man is the victim of a set of tragic circumstances after he was struck by a truck Monday evening in northwest Calgary while he was walking to get assistance for an accident that disabled his own car moments before. Police say icy road conditions were to blame.

At just before 9:30 p.m. on Monday, the man was driving his vehicle south in the 600 block of Crowchild Trail N.W. when he lost control and collided with a centre median light standard. The man, along with his passenger, were uninjured, but his car was not drivable.

He left his car and began walking down the centre median towards 5 Ave to call for help. A woman driving a truck was traveling south on Crowchild Trail when she lost control of the vehicle, crossed the median and struck the pedestrian.

The man suffering from a serious head injury and was transported to hospital by EMS. The woman was uninjured in the accident.

Police consider the very icy road conditions to be a factor in the accident. They do not believe that alcohol contributed to the crash. The incident is still under investigation and there have been no decisions made concerning possible charges.

Calgary Police are looking for any witnesses to the accident. If you have yet to be spoken to by the police, you are asked to call the Calgary Police Service Traffic Section at 403-567-4000.
    Le chien de couple

EDIT: Damn it, zipdoa. I knew I shouldn't have bothered translating "TorqueDog" into French, took too long.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Drove past this a few mins after it happened, his car was already beat up bad, and then she hit him. Just wasn't meant to be for the guy.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I see a lot of vehicles speed down this area (downhill)

She may have avoided his vehicle last second and swerved the vehicle towards him.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    Bonjour hommes,

Le chien de couple

EDIT: Damn it, zipdoa. I knew I shouldn't have bothered translating "TorqueDog" into French, took too long.
    C'est plus facile quand tu peu parle francais!
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

You know what else is tragic? Markhams career.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Mon francais mange le merde.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...