Quantcast
What V8 summer car to buy? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: What V8 summer car to buy?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

If you're interested in any sort of build, talk to my neighbor steve. It's this guy
    http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s...p;userid=38718
    He has an '87 5.0 that's currently 600hp (NA, all engine) with the stock bottom end and T5 tranny, needless to say he knows WTF he's talking about lol.
    Bahahahahaha. Not a fuckin chance.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Btw, about that 600hp NA build, he did that for under $5k too I forgot to mention it's a high 11sec car at race city.
    I think he's almost finished the twin turbo build he's doing on it
    Are you on crack?

High 11's with 600 hp? What, did it weigh 6000 pounds.

Don't go spouting shit you are clueless about. Steve is not dumb enough to make that claim.

I seen the car run high 12's, and the 120mph pass woulda been on nitrous, and making about 450hp, but I suspect that was one of those days race City's clocks were fucked. On 440hp my car goes 11.2's at that ~122mph

Back to topic.
    Last edited by Toma; 04-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Ekliptix
    Your GT looks super clean! Nice buy. The black interior are the best too (imo).

If you want more power, chat with Toma. I think he did the install and tune of an ebay twin turbo kit in a stock GT like yours. It made a shit load of power, for cheap.
    Thanks Graham!

Yeah, it made great power for the boost and the cost (It was a $700 ebay kit), but my partner Steve at the time did the install, as delivered it fit like shit and needed a lot of modifications.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Damn that thing is in good condition! Congrats on a new toy
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

Originally posted by bruceod

Thanks, I WISH I was in the market for one last year when you were selling yours, that was a beautiful car. What did you have done besides the s/c drivetrain wise? Is there a build thread?

Now that you've had the SVT for a while, do you enjoy it as much/more then your old 5.0(SVT would be much more of a car I know but just curious on personal preference)?
    not that much other mods just cuz I didnt wanna hurt it.

my Cobra is a totally different car. its more controled power, not as loud, twisty. I could swere the 5.0 was faster.....its not... by far. just feels faster because it twists and slides all over the place. SVT can barely break the tires loose at times. Mostly becuse of IRS and 295's.

thats why i love my 5.0, so much fun, everytime i stepped on it i would be scared because i didnt know what it was gonna do... dont know if thats a good thing or not

My Ride
    Has wheels

Ekliptix: I was the interior that sold me on the car haha

Moe Man: I thought you would say something along those lines lol. Your svt looks awesome, they are definitely one of the best looking stangs ever, I think anyways.

What kind of power was your old 5.0 putting down?

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

Originally posted by bruceod
    Ekliptix: I was the interior that sold me on the car haha

Moe Man: I thought you would say something along those lines lol. Your svt looks awesome, they are definitely one of the best looking stangs ever, I think anyways.

What kind of power was your old 5.0 putting down?
    315 RWHP on a mustang dyno. toma can tell you what that is in "normal hp"

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Toma

Are you on crack?

High 11's with 600 hp? What, did it weigh 6000 pounds.

Don't go spouting shit you are clueless about. Steve is not dumb enough to make that claim.

I seen the car run high 12's, and the 120mph pass woulda been on nitrous, and making about 450hp, but I suspect that was one of those days race City's clocks were fucked. On 440hp my car goes 11.2's at that ~122mph

Back to topic.
    Oh wow 1st off, yes it was with nitrous
    2nd, I saw the 11.9 pass with my own eyes, that same night he was doing 12.5's without much difficulty, and issues with it leaning out on the lower half of the rpm range, that in conjunction with shitty launches.
    3rd, yes the 600 is while on the bottle. High 400's without.

Edit: and I forgot to mention, yes it is the stock bottom end and T5, holy Fuck you're ignorant. I find it cute you know more about his car then he does, or seemingly anybody else for that matter
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 04-16-2011 at 11:56 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by Toma

Thanks Graham!

Yeah, it made great power for the boost and the cost (It was a $700 ebay kit), but my partner Steve at the time did the install, as delivered it fit like shit and needed a lot of modifications.
    Hey Toma,

It's Vivek, I don't know if you remember me from Incon mailing list. I have a 88 GT convertible with 74 thousand km on it with the twin turbo kit. I haven't driven in the last 7 years, only started it regularly, I started it the other day and took it for a short trip for oil change, speedo doesn't work anymore, I need to get this fixed. Do you know what could cause this, quite upsetting. I want to sell the car but want to make sure it is working perfectly before doing so.
    Vivek Joshi

My Ride
    You Crazy

3rd, yes the 600 is while on the bottle. High 400's without.

Edit: and I forgot to mention, yes it is the stock bottom end and T5, holy Fuck you're ignorant. I find it cute you know more about his car then he does, or seemingly anybody else for that matter
    I'm ignorant? I don't need to know the car, I know MUSTANGS and the 5.0. And you said it made 600 NA (all engine). Which is utter stupidity. NA means NATURALLY ASPIRATED. NA (all engine) does not MEANS "nitrous injected". I'll re quote what YOU said on the bottom for you.

Now you retract and claim an 11.9 car makes 600 hp on nitrous, MORE utter stupidity.

Since I own a dyno, and have been building MUSTANGS since 1989, let me just ASSURE you, that to go mid 12's in a Mustang takes about 300 hp. To go high 11's, takes about 380.

I did actually have a 600 hp stock short block Mustang, (660 actually), but it ran 9.7's at 142+mph)

I don't hear Steve making these ignorant and idiotic claims, I hear you doing it. So don't drag him into it. He would not claim this kind of BULLSHIT.

[quote]

He has an '87 5.0 that's currently 600hp (NA, all engine) with the stock bottom end and T5 tranny, needless to say he knows WTF he's talking about lol.
    Last edited by Toma; 04-18-2011 at 12:35 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Jvivek

Hey Toma,

It's Vivek, I don't know if you remember me from Incon mailing list. I have a 88 GT convertible with 74 thousand km on it with the twin turbo kit. I haven't driven in the last 7 years, only started it regularly, I started it the other day and took it for a short trip for oil change, speedo doesn't work anymore, I need to get this fixed. Do you know what could cause this, quite upsetting. I want to sell the car but want to make sure it is working perfectly before doing so.
    Holy crap Vivek, it's been a while!!

Could be 2 things that normally go wrong.... the speedo gear inside the tranmission is broken (it just plastic), or you burnt through the speedo cable with those turbos/manifolds.

Either is easy to check. Follow the thiner grey cable that is bolted to the firewall on the drivers side with 2 small screws down and make sure it looks intact, then crawl under the car and undo the single bolt that holds it into the rear driver side of the tranny and pull it out, and see if there is still a gear at the end of the cable.

You guys should be careful about CAT Restorations. Here is a thread I found, there stuff sounds terrible. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...ad.php?t=29666
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5