Quantcast
My Generation 1 Transformers Collection - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My Generation 1 Transformers Collection

Originally posted by Ven

I'm fairly sure I'll have all the missiles and guns, I was fussy about that as a kid. My Jetfire is white and shoots missiles. He was from Consumers Distributing in Brentwood, as were all the others. That was my favourite store as a kid, loved that catalogue haha. My Mirage is't broken. Anyway I'll put up a bunch of pics when I have all this shit ready.
    I'd be interested in the Jetfire & Grimlock. Let me know what Mar offers and I will likely beat it seeing as he likes to get stuff on the cheap and re-sell (at least he is being honest).

Mar, are you still looking for more figures? I'd like to see what a collector needs still.

Originally posted by n1zm0
    This thread makes me think about a transformer I got as a kid, both of them are somewhere in a box in my basement, probably a bit scuffed up, but can anyone tell me what it's worth in terms of mid grade condition?

This particular one I remember, the transformer could fit into the car carrier after the fact that it became a transformer, a transformer in another transformer essentially like an exoskeleton, it was bought when I was a kid so afaik not a reproduction according to brief google research on it:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

edit: the blue and red one in the top right in Khyron's post!

click for larger version
    Ultra Magnus. Couldn't tell you what it's worth though, bt I'd be curious as I also have one.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Ven
    I'm fairly sure I'll have all the missiles and guns, I was fussy about that as a kid. My Jetfire is white and shoots missiles. He was from Consumers Distributing in Brentwood, as were all the others. That was my favourite store as a kid, loved that catalogue haha. My Mirage is't broken. Anyway I'll put up a bunch of pics when I have all this shit ready.
    Please let me know what you want for the Jetfire, the missile version is something I need for my collection, no resale. I would absolutely love to have that. Can I come over and see it?

Originally posted by n1zm0
    This thread makes me think about a transformer I got as a kid, both of them are somewhere in a box in my basement, probably a bit scuffed up, but can anyone tell me what it's worth in terms of mid grade condition?

This particular one I remember, the transformer could fit into the car carrier after the fact that it became a transformer, a transformer in another transformer essentially like an exoskeleton, it was bought when I was a kid so afaik not a reproduction according to brief google research on it:

edit: the blue and red one in the top right in Khyron's post!

click for larger version
    That is indeed Ultra Magnus, he was released in 1986 as a replacement for Optimus Prime. The first picture you posted of him is the reissue, it has longer red missiles to comply with new child laws which state how large each piece needs to be in order to be rated for small children (choking hazard). I'm guessing yours is the original release from 1986 and not the reissue.
    As for value it's really low on that one, the last one I sold was complete for about $35. It should have:
    - blue chest piece
    - 2 white trailer hitches
    - white gun
    - 2 small white fists
    - 2 large white fists
    - 4 red missiles
    - 2 white missile launchers
    - blue head

Also check to see if your blue head is all blue or has the silver detail paint on it, plus check to see if the white cab has windows. Hasbro removed both in an attempt to save money later in the 1980s and they're worth less.

Originally posted by Type_S1
    I'd be interested in the Jetfire & Grimlock. Let me know what Mar offers and I will likely beat it seeing as he likes to get stuff on the cheap and re-sell (at least he is being honest).
    I hate resellers so if I'm going to buy something from someone just to resell it I'll always be honest about it. I don't want to scam anyone.

Originally posted by awolxxx
    Mar, are you still looking for more figures? I'd like to see what a collector needs still.
    I have everything from 1984-1986 except the following:

Time Warrior watch (mail away exclusive):

And Bumblejumper. This toy is very interesting and rare because Hasbro is the company that bought the moulds from Diaclone and Microman in Japan to resell in North American as Transformers. One of the moulds they purchased never made it into the cartoon as a character, it never got used for anything. However some how, somewhere, someone used the mould to make little yellow cars and the employees weren't into Transformers enough to know whom it was so they assumed it was Cliffjumper or Bumblebee. So they packaged it in Cliffjumper and Bumblebee packaging and shipped it out to stores. Since it doesn't have a name, people just mashed Cliffjumper and Bumblebee together and called it Bumblejumper. Thsi one I do not have yet but I'm hoping to get one at the Calgary Expo if they have one.

I'm also missing about half of 1987 but I don't have die-hard interest in that year, I'm kind of slowing down since I have what I want.
    Last edited by Mar; 02-27-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by Mar
    I have everything from 1984-1986 except the following:

Time Warrior watch (mail away exclusive):

I totally forgot about that watch! I think I still have one in my parent's basement somewhere.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by mac_82

I totally forgot about that watch! I think I still have one in my parent's basement somewhere.
    I'll give you my first born child for it if the spring mechanism actually works. Actually it's only worth about $100.

As long as it's not one of these cheap ones worth far less:

Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    impreza

Nope it's the time warrior watch for sure. Face swings open to reveal the clock when you hit the blue button. I'll see if I can find it.

My Ride
    2014 Ralliart

your missing unicron. I got a huge ass unicron about 2 feet tall. kinda new tho, it wont fit in with your old school transformers

Curious OP.....have you ever had sex before?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by KappaSigma
    Curious OP.....have you ever had sex before?
    I was gonna comment on the amount of nerd in this thread, then was like naah it'll be mean.

Turns out I'm not the only one here that knows there's more to life than 30 year old childrens toys.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by mac_82
    Nope it's the time warrior watch for sure. Face swings open to reveal the clock when you hit the blue button. I'll see if I can find it.
    I can get it any time I want on Ebay for under $100 so I'd give you about $70 for it and it would go into a good home with the rest of my collection. If you have the box and instruction manual I can do better. If the spring mechanism no longer works it'll take it down around $50.

Originally posted by Themarkuss
    your missing unicron. I got a huge ass unicron about 2 feet tall. kinda new tho, it wont fit in with your old school transformers

I've looked at the figure a couple of times for $40 and just never bought it. If I see it come up for any cheaper I'll probably pick one up.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Name: Jazz
    Release Year: 1984
    Rarity (1-10): 4
    Alternate Mode: Porsche 935

Robot mode with all weapons:

click for larger version

Vehicle mode:

click for larger version

Jazz is a little more rare because it's white. Most white Transformers have been exposed to the sun at some point in the last 25 years and as kids we didn't know this turned them a yellowish brown colour. So to find a white one now is a little harder. It also is a little more rare because it's very easy to break the windshield off when transforming it by putting any force at all on the roof of the vehicle. Most times when you see this figure for sale, it has the roof snapped off.

Some cool information is Jazz was originally modelled after a Porsche 935 race car with Martini stickers on it but there was some sort of copyright infringement so before production, the stickers were changed to read Martinii with a double I at the end of it to avoid lawsuits.

There is also a rather rare variant of Jazz which some people don't even realize they have. Back in the 1980s the company Cookie Crisp had a promotion where you could mail in some UPC from their products and get an exclusive Cookie Crisp Jazz figure. It was exactly the same as the original except this edition of the figure featured modified stickers on its car doors that omitted the "Martinii" words, and entirely lacked the "Martinii Porsche" decals for the windshield and rear spoiler. I unfortunately don't own this version. Here is an example:

Last edited by Mar; 02-27-2014 at 05:33 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Name: Mirage
    Rarity (1-10): 3
    Alternate Mode: 1979 Ligier JS11-Ford Formula One racer

Robot mode:

click for larger version

Vehicle mode:

click for larger version

As I mentioned earlier, Mirage is a little more rare because most kids when transforming it would put too much pressure on its upper torso and snap the entire figure right in half. I unfortunately did this to mine a couple of years ago and had to search for a replacement waist peg.

There are no known rare variants of this figure.

I have Jazz and both of those watches in my storage trunk too. Seems I was spoiled as a kid haha.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Ven
    I have Jazz and both of those watches in my storage trunk too. Seems I was spoiled as a kid haha.
    Send me a price on Jetfire and the watches.

Originally posted by Mar

Send me a price on Jetfire and the watches.
    I'll post it all up once it's out of storage. Go from there.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Name: Wheeljack
    Alternate Mode: 1976 Lancia Stratos Turbo

Another figure with increased rarity due to the white colouring and die-cast parts.

click for larger version

click for larger version

Hasbro is releasing a Masterpiece version of this figure soon, so far this is all they've released as a teaser:

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Have the masterpiece on pre-order. If it's anything like smokescreen and soundwave it's going to be excellent.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by Mar
    Name: Wheeljack
    Alternate Mode: 1976 Lancia Stratos Turbo

Another figure with increased rarity due to the white colouring and die-cast parts.

click for larger version

click for larger version

I have this one too.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Khyron
    Have the masterpiece on pre-order. If it's anything like smokescreen and soundwave it's going to be excellent.
    I held the Masterpiece Soundwave a month ago and fell in love with it, been looking for a copy ever since. Now I'm trying to get my hands on all the ones I missed out on like Sideswipe, Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream, Bluestreak, Prowl and the other jets. I only just got Optimus Prime a few weeks ago as my first Masterpiece.

That led me into discovering all the third party figures being created like a company that's making all the Dinobots and another that's redoing Predaking with full articulation. It's amazing what's out there.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast