Quantcast
Merged: Ongoing events in Libya - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Ongoing events in Libya

My Ride
    Z

yea I think its time after seeing him talk nonsensically to himself in this thread. haha only beyond. I've never ignored anyone on any forum ever except for here and now the population is 2. Life is just better without zenops and broken legs
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Toma

Republican Americans do.
    They do... they really really do, it deeply saddened me the last time I was in Florida for business, talking to otherwise intelligent people who were going on and on about how the recession was Obama's fault.

I asked them where they heard that, and they said Fox News

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I just walked away.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

edit ...

it ain't worth it.
    Last edited by alloroc; 03-22-2011 at 09:39 AM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by CUG
    They went from not being on my radar, to earning my ire within minutes. What a dirtbag (Oreilly, I mean).
    Wow... Just wow. Oreilly is a total tool, and a disgrace to ethical journalism. How dare he tell a guest to "shut up", and obviously allow himself to become angry with a guest on live TV. Is Oreilly there to express his emotions, or to allow open debate on topics?

Asshole.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They do... they really really do, it deeply saddened me the last time I was in Florida for business, talking to otherwise intelligent people who were going on and on about how the recession was Obama's fault.

I asked them where they heard that, and they said Fox News

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I just walked away.
    Oh yeah....

These people have no concept of rationality.

They ALSO blame their bank failures on ordinary everyday people and home owners. Like it was defaulting on mortgages that drove all the banks under and their entire economy. lol

SOOOO frustrating that they let these people vote and decide whos gonna rule the world.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Why are you giving attention to Fox? It will only act to feed them.

Originally posted by broken_legs

They've already 'reportedly' bombed personal residences and hospitals.

This is similar to events that transpired in every other bombing campaign. I have no reason to believe that this will be an exception to history. Do you?
    Forces loyal to longtime Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi have shelled Misurata, pressing their siege of the embattled western city.

Four children were killed in the shelling on Tuesday, a resident named Mohammed Ahmed told the Reuters news agency. The children were killed while trying to flee their home, a rebel spokesman told Al Jazeera.

Gaddafi's regime has encircled Misurata for days, bringing in tanks and stationing snipers on rooftops, in an attempt to choke off one of the only cities in the west where a strong rebel presence remains. Shelling there killed at least 40 people on Monday, Ahmed said.

Misurata lies around 200km east of Tripoli, the capital, and is home to a major oil refinery.

Libyan government spokesman Ibrahim said Misurata, Libya's third-largest city, was "liberated three days ago" and that Gaddafi's forces were hunting "terrorist elements".

But a spokesman for opposition fighters in the city told the AFP news agency that the opposition remained in control despite an onslaught by Gaddafi loyalists, who he said opened fire with tanks and set snipers on roofs to gun down people in the streets.

"Casualties fell in their dozens," after snipers and a tank "fired on demonstrators", the spokesman said.

The opposition spokesman said Gaddafi's troops "have taken up position along the main road where they have deployed three tanks, as well as positioning snipers on rooftops".

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/af...210533490.html

They must all be CIA agents. Clearly that can be the only reason they support the "War against Libyan Hospitals".

CUG, you can't argue rationally with irrational people, nor does it have any value. You'd be better off trying to stop the tides with a nerf gun. Leave them be in their little fantasy world.

But hey, what the hell do I know. I don't even believe in the massive world-wide conspiracy that faked the moonlanding, controls the banks, hates libyan hospitals and serbs. Probably all the HAARP beams and fluoride.

Originally posted by LOLzilla

"Casualties fell in their dozens," after snipers and a tank "fired on demonstrators", the spokesman said.

The opposition spokesman said Gaddafi's troops "have taken up position along the main road where they have deployed three tanks, as well as positioning snipers on rooftops".

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/af...210533490.html
    This can't be true. Ghadaffi said they wouldn't fire even 1 bullet at his own people, and he never lies. Aljazeera must be a CIA front!
    Last edited by NuclearPizzaMan; 03-22-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Originally posted by LOLzilla
    Why are you giving attention to Fox? It will only act to feed them.
    Because it somehow fits into their west is evil mind view that they are so desperately trying to reinforce. Never mind everyone knows Fox is not news... I mean ever heard of Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilley, etc... It's entertainment news.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Holy shit Cug. Did the Libyan situation require a *third* thread so you can Broken Legs and squabble? Why not keep it all in the one thread... after all, it is the same topic? How many threads does it take to hold all the personal attacks against each other anyway?

A mod should start merging, imo...
    It's the nature of the late night beast in this section. Realistically we revisit every issue when any new thread comes up, should we just have one giant thread?

Originally posted by NuclearPizzaMan

CUG, you can't argue rationally with irrational people, nor does it have any value. You'd be better off trying to stop the tides with a nerf gun. Leave them be in their little fantasy world.
    I did a debate thing last year and our professor said the same thing. I've even given the guy credit for some of his views. Everything is falsifiable.
    Last edited by CUG; 03-22-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Ummmm... when its the same damn topic? Certainly.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Never mind everyone knows Fox is not news... I mean ever heard of Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilley, etc... It's entertainment news.
    That's the problem. Many Americans don't know it's entertainment news, they take it all as fact.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Ummmm... when its the same damn topic? Certainly.
    It's a pretty significant update that would have been lost elsewise. I'm not sure if I offended a relative of yours in one of my posts somewhere, but I apologize if I did.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I don't think the west is evil, I think Fox is a train wreck. Entertainment news or not, there's millions of sub-par IQ's in the US of A taking it as the word of jeebus.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

The Interim National Council Statement

The Gaddafi regime has clearly proven its inability to assume its responsibility and to honor its vows in response to the demands and aspirations of the Libyan people for over four decades. The regime chose to respond to what began as the people’s right to peaceful demonstrations, as expressed in the February 17 revolution, with brutal force, resulting in death and destruction. As a result, the Interim National Council has called for the International Community to take all forceful deterrent measures based on the UN charter and international covenants to help the Libyan people put an end to further large scale crimes against the humanity. The International Community has responded positively and constructively by adopting SC resolutions 1970 (2011) and 1973 (2011) and by taking all necessary measures against some of Gaddafi’s forces that continue to threaten civilians. However, more urgent measures need to be taken to ensure the protection of civilian people.

The Interim National Council is committed to the ultimate goal of the revolution; namely to build a constitutional democratic civil state based on the rule of law, respect for human rights and the guarantee of equal rights and opportunities for all its citizens including full political participations by all citizens and equal opportunities between men and women and the promotion of women empowerment. The Interim national council will vow to encourage a state where its people enjoy the right to live in safety and security and within an environment of stability.

Libya will become a state which respects universal core values that are embedded in the rich cultural diversities around the globe which includes justice, freedom, human rights, and non-violence. A state that is responsive to its citizen’s needs, delivers basic services effectively, and creates an enabling environment for a thriving private sector in an open economy to other markets around the world.

The Interim National Council reaffirms that Libya’s foreign policy will be based on both mutual respect and common interests. Libya will be a state that fully respects the International law and International declarations on human rights and one which will participate in international relations responsibly, constructively and with good faith.

Issued in Benghazi March 21, 2011
    http://ntclibya.org/english/the-statement/

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by derpderp

http://ntclibya.org/english/the-statement/
    ...enough said

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by max_boost

It's nothing personal, just business (i.e oil). Does anyone think otherwise?

Canada has lots of Oil, do you see the US bombing us? Hmmm.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by CUG
    It's a pretty significant update that would have been lost elsewise. I'm not sure if I offended a relative of yours in one of my posts somewhere, but I apologize if I did.
    Seriously man, you take things entirely too personally on here. All I'm saying is that I'm tired of all these "new" threads, which really aren't new at all - just so you and Broken Legs can fuel your bitchfest.

...and apparently, a mod agreed. So there.

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Canada has lots of Oil, do you see the US bombing us? Hmmm.
    Ok - that's just a silly statement. While the US might be able to sway popular opinion in their favour when attacking a country like Libya with a ruthless leader, I'm pretty sure attacking Canada would start the third World War. There just couldn't be justification enough for that to happen.

The US wouldn't dare bomb Canada. That would start a war, and Canada would win it - again
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast