Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Ongoing events in Libya

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Good Video - Thanks Toma

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by Guillermo

wow, this got really personal, really fast. you don't even know me, and you're calling me a "fucking idiot?" LOL. i'm not going to get into an fight with you about this, which is what you're clearly looking for, but i would really advise that in the future, you take a minute to listen to and understand the person you're calling a "fucking idiot" over the internet. you have no idea what I think or what i know or what my background is or what my political beliefs are, and yet you're calling me a "Fucking idiot."
    Thats Toma.

Anti-"western nation" name caller.

He posts the exact same garbage thread after thread.

Don't try to have an intelligent discussion with an ape.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Thats Toma.

Anti-"western nation" name caller.

He posts the exact same garbage thread after thread.

Don't try to have an intelligent discussion with an ape.

Last edited by broken_legs; 03-21-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    You Crazy

LOL... so Good 'ole Michael Moore says Obama needs to return the Nobel Peace Prize

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...-nobel-peace-p

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Putin Likens Libya resolution to Crusades

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/putin-liken...52402-752.html

Putin, in the first major remarks from a Russian leader since a coalition of Western countries began air strikes in Libya, said that Muammar Gaddafi's government fell short of democracy but added that did not justify military intervention.

"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."

Putin said that interference in other countries' internal affairs has become a trend in U.S. foreign policy and that the events in Libya indicated that Russia should strengthen its own defense capabilities.

My Ride
    You Crazy

and Medvedevs rebuke...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12810566

ooooohhh... this may get exciting!

My Ride
    Audi

If Russia actually believed this rhetoric then they would've vetoed the resolution instead of abstaining.

The US was very clear back on March 2nd that a "No Fly zone" starts with an attack on Libya's air defense systems - Russia full well knew that if they didn't veto it, this would happen.

They probably behind the scenes told the US they supported it but couldnt come out publically. After all, the majority of the weapons being destroyed are in fact from Russia and Libya will need to buy more after this is over.

Let's just call a spade a spade. A no-fly zone begins with an attack on Libya to destroy the air defenses ... and then you can fly planes around the country and not worry about our guys being shot down," Defense Secretary Robert Gates told a congressional hearing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7214EX20110302
    Edit: Just saw the Medvedev remark. Oh snap.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by hampstor

The US was very clear back on March 2nd that a "No Fly zone" starts with an attack on Libya's air defense systems - Russia full well knew that if they didn't veto it, this would happen.
    That's very true, but the US forgot to mention that they were going to blow up all of the tanks, artillery, and force a regime change.

Don't get confused, Russia and the Arab League aren't condemning the strikes against the NFZ targets. They are condemning the attacks on everything else that was not mentioned in the resolution.

Slightly different than an NFZ - wouldn't ya say?
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by broken_legs

That's very true, but the US forgot to mention that they were going to blow up all of the tanks, artillery, and force a regime change.

Don't get confused, Russia and the Arab League aren't condemning the strikes against the NFZ targets. They are condemning the attacks on everything else that was not mentioned in the resolution.

Slightly different than an NFZ - wouldn't ya say?
    The resolution authorizes attacking "tanks/artillery" that is being used to attack civillians.

Adopting resolution 1973 (2011) by a vote of 10 in favour to none against, with 5 abstentions (Brazil, China, Germany, India, Russian Federation), the Council authorized Member States, acting nationally or through regional organizations or arrangements, to take all necessary measures to protect civilians under threat of attack in the country, including Benghazi, while excluding a foreign occupation force of any form on any part of Libyan territory — requesting them to immediately inform the Secretary-General of such measures.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by hampstor

The resolution authorizes attacking "tanks/artillery" that is being used to attack civillians.

Assuming those military assets were actually attacking civilians, you would of course be right.

But they weren't, and they aren't

Does the mere existence of this hardware mean they have the right to destroy it?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Americans spend $100 million first day of Libya attack but bitch about teacher....

Salaries...

bahahahhaha. Love the mentality.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/natio...ng-up-20110321

But I guess the military does employ the otherwise unemployable.

http://lobbyistsforlifeandliberty.or...paid-too-much/

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...21949394485040

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Default Re: Americans spend $100 million first day of Libya attack but bitch about teacher....

Originally posted by Toma
    But I guess the military does employ the otherwise unemployable.
    Not only that but it takes potentially employable able bodied people and converts them into mentally unstable disfigured animals.

Although CUG will retain the position that you are a coward unless you sell off the future of generations to come in order to intervene elsewhere in the world.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 03-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Default Re: Americans spend $100 million first day of Libya attack but bitch about teacher....

who cares what it costs

need another trillion? just print it. No consequences remember?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by broken_legs

Assuming those military assets were actually attacking civilians, you would of course be right.

But they weren't, and they aren't

Does the mere existence of this hardware mean they have the right to destroy it?
    Are you there right now? You made a claim similar to this in the other thread. I'm just curious as to how you are certain that no civilians are being attacked?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default What lessons for Iran with attack on Libya??

Good reason to build nukes? Deterrent from unprovoked attack by the west??

I’m sure the government of Iran must be watching the events in Libya with particular interest. In December of 2003, Libya announced it had a nuclear weapons program and that it would get rid of it. The last of the nuclear weapons technology exited the country in 2009. Libya’s repressive, dictatorial regime was welcomed back into the fold of the great Western powers and their friends (a.k.a., the “international community”) and trade flourished. Now, just over seven years later, Libya is under military assault from those same powers, only now without the nuclear threat that keeps the West out of North Korea. For the power centers in Iran this must be particularly instructive.

Friends of mine visited both Israel and Lebanon, Syria. They said people in Israel were the most rude, pathetic, and insecure. Leb/Syr were extremely welcoming.

My Ride
    You Crazy

It's like here too.... Arab friends of mine are nice to me, we chat, hold hands, kiss....

Damn Jewish friends of mine call me a cockroach, and give me nicknames like "Jewish Lightning"

Confused though as to what this has to do with Iran needing to build nukes faster?

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by CMW403

Are you there right now? You made a claim similar to this in the other thread. I'm just curious as to how you are certain that no civilians are being attacked?
    I only know whats in the news:

Pictures of rebels shooting down their own aircraft in the afternoon.

Meanwhile every single news outlet claims there was a "Fierce bombardment" of artillery into the city center. Yet despite all of the media frenzy in Rebel held Benghazi, not one single picture, or one single video of this attack. Not one single video or picture of the enemy forces. But we have 3-4 different angles of a rebel jet fighter being shot down... This pattern has been repeating on the news for the last 3 weeks.

I would just assume, that if khadaffi was welcoming in international observers, and claiming to have called acease fire, that we would give him a day or two benefit of doubt before we moved in and completely destroyed a country.

Just seems kind of reasonable to me. ya know what i mean?

Wouldn't a peaceful resolution be the better option here?

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Syria will be building nukes as a deterrent next.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Struck me as surreal that THESE people get to vote and determine how the rest of the world will be ruled, terrorized, infested or exploited lol

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Just an example

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast