Quantcast
HTC HD7... Anyone using this phone? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC HD7... Anyone using this phone?

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Default HTC HD7... Anyone using this phone?

Time has come for me to bitch and complain about my shitty BB. After seeing how good the "live profile" app works I think iam finally ready to make the move to an non black berry phone. Just curious if anyones using this phone or has any opinions?

http://www.htc.com/ca/products/hd7-bell#tech-specs

Thanks
    Last edited by JordanLotoski; 03-27-2011 at 11:52 PM.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Specs are pretty close to my HTC Surround. The battery size is the same as mine, and it blows, though I've never owned a smartphone before this one, so have nothing to compare it to.

Windows Phone 7 needs a lot of tweaking IMO, and it's not coming out fast enough. It's been on the market for 5 months and it's JUST rolling out it's first real update. They tried it a month ago, and ended up bricking a lot of phones for whatever reason.

I think it'll be a better operating system in a year or so. They just need time. I'm fairly happy with it so far though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

After watching the reviews in the moto atrix, I think that's the phone iam gonna grab this week.

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    09 WRX

Just grabbed an Atrix today afrer losing my Galaxy, to be honest I like the way the Galaxy looked better, and even the home screen and OS a bit more, but it's a REALLY fast phone. Web pages load faster than on my lap top. It's got some cool HD features too

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

How does the voice text work?

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    02 audi a4

i just got myself the HTC Desire HD ... basically same specs as the HD7, android based an its amazing
    Originally posted by max_boost

I am a member of Beyond.ca, don't you dare try to scam me as we will hunt your ass down and F you up haha

I'd recommend staying away from the HD7 if you are a heavy user. The large screen and small battery capacity would mean the device would constantly need to be plugged in.

The Atrix is okay if you don't mind the laggy OS. Also read there are sound quality issues with this device. I never used one long enough to notice. IMO the Atrix is a bit over priced at $599 outright.

The other options would be wait a few weeks for the Samsung/Google Nexus S or HTC Incredible S.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by 2000impreza
    I'd recommend staying away from the HD7 if you are a heavy user. The large screen and small battery capacity would mean the device would constantly need to be plugged in.

The Atrix is okay if you don't mind the laggy OS. Also read there are sound quality issues with this device. I never used one long enough to notice. IMO the Atrix is a bit over priced at $599 outright.

The other options would be wait a few weeks for the Samsung/Google Nexus S or HTC Incredible S.
    The specs on the Nexus S dont look that much better then the Moto atrix. and battery life stinks compared to the atrix 6.7 hours on the nexus and 9 hours on the atrix. Both have voice text and voice command....whats the real difference

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
    How does the voice text work?
    If its like the galaxy, voice text is processed using googles voice search engine and its amazing!

Originally posted by JordanLotoski

The specs on the Nexus S dont look that much better then the Moto atrix. and battery life stinks compared to the atrix 6.7 hours on the nexus and 9 hours on the atrix. Both have voice text and voice command....whats the real difference
    On paper, the spec of the Atrix is superior in comparison to any other mobile device. However in real world use, the Atrix is quite laggy despite the superior specs. The performance of the moto modified android OS is poor at best. I wanted to buy this device until a buddy let me use his Atrix for a few hours. Added the price is high, I passed on this device.

I only used the Nexus S for a few hours as well. In the short time I used it, I didn't notice any lag. It was very quick and well optimized. This device runs a unmodified android OS so I don't doubt it performs very well. Overall didn't have any complaints.

I can't comment much on the battery life except it seemed decent on both devices. The battery consumption seemed better in comparison to my HTC Desire anyways.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

When is the nexus S due to be released? And with bell?

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Nothing has been officially confirmed for the Nexus S in terms of release date. Rumours point to launch date of mid April. Bestbuy started taking refundable deposits a few days ago so I wouldn't imagine the launch being too far away. Samsung Canada stated this device will be launched on all carriers so Bell is probably included.

Bell/Virgin is also launching the HTC Incredible S first week of April. Haven't looked too much into this device but might be a decent choice.

If you can't wait, the Atrix is the best device Bell currently offers. I would imagine Motorola will eventually release an update to fix the lag and sound quality issues. Motorola known for slow/lack of updates so might be months before we see the current bugs fixed.

Found a decent comparison review between Atrix and Nexus S.

Last edited by 2000impreza; 03-28-2011 at 11:14 AM.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

I don't want to stray you guys too far off topic here, but what's up with this Live Profile app? Is it just another whatsApp or pingchat type deal or something better?

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
    I don't want to stray you guys too far off topic here, but what's up with this Live Profile app? Is it just another whatsApp or pingchat type deal or something better?
    http://www.liveprofile.com/

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

OP is sounds like you've already done so, but for anyone else reading....RUN.... dont walk.... away from any device running Windows Mobile.
    Last edited by revelations; 03-28-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Glad you're going with an Android and not an iPhone.

I love my Nexus One running the latest GingerBread right now. Google Phones are great because you'll always get the updates first, while others have to wait months and months, and months. I think the Motorala Milestone just got the update last week after 8 months or so, haha. Google Nexus S isn't a bad choice at all. I think it's coming out April 14th for most carriers.

Androids are fully customizable, have live wallpapers, has Flash support, is NOT integrated with iTunes, Google Maps Turn by turn navigation and the Android Market is growing and will soon catch up to the iPhone app market.

My Ride
    Stuff

I'm also looking for an Android phone, I've had enough of Apple. I've been looking at phones from HTC and Motorola, but it looks like the really good ones are a long ways from coming out in Canada. The Desire HD doesn't look like the phone for me.

If I wanted a balls out best Android phone from any carrier what would you guys suggest? I want a 4.0" to 4.3" screen, HDMI output, 720p video recording and with decent CPU and RAM.
    I like cars.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by revelations
    OP is sounds like you've already done so, but for anyone else reading....RUN.... dont walk.... away from any device running Windows Mobile.
    To be fair Windows Phone 7 is nothing like the Win Mobile of old, its completely new.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Cody D
    I'm also looking for an Android phone, I've had enough of Apple. I've been looking at phones from HTC and Motorola, but it looks like the really good ones are a long ways from coming out in Canada. The Desire HD doesn't look like the phone for me.

If I wanted a balls out best Android phone from any carrier what would you guys suggest? I want a 4.0" to 4.3" screen, HDMI output, 720p video recording and with decent CPU and RAM.
    Samsung Nexus S and HTC Incredible S come out in april. both are pretty excellent phones.

My Ride
    '08 135i

I believe Motorola Atrix 4G and LG Optimus 2X are the top end Android phones at the moment. Both with dual core CPU. Samsung is looking to release Galaxy S II last I heard which will also be dual core.

Like somebody mentioned, if you are looking to get updates as soon as they hit public, I would get the Nexus S. Although that's not entirely true, my Milestone was running 2.2 way back in October (as opposed to the release last week)

EDIT: as with pretty much all Android smartphones, you can choose to run custom ROM, the most popular seems to be Cyanogen Mod (latest version 7), even my old Milestone is running it right now.
    Last edited by evoXfan; 03-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast