Quantcast
Afghanistan war crime photos - *warning - graphic* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan war crime photos - *warning - graphic*

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Default Afghanistan war crime photos - *warning - graphic*

On January 15th, 2010, U.S. soldiers in Bravo Company stationed near Kandahar executed an unarmed Afghan boy named Gul Mudin in the village of La Mohammad Kalay. Reports by soldiers at the scene indicate that Mudin was about 15 years old. According to sworn statements, two soldiers – Cpl. Jeremy Morlock and Pfc. Andrew Holmes – staged the killing to make it look like they had been under attack. Ordering the boy to stand still, they crouched behind a mud wall, tossed a grenade at him and opened fire from close range. This photograph shows Mudin’s body lying by the wall where he was killed.

Following the routine Army procedure required after every battlefield death, the soldiers cut off the dead boy’s clothes and stripped him naked to check for identifying tattoos. Here they are shown scanning his iris and fingerprints, using a portable biometric scanner.

In a break with protocol, the soldiers also took photographs of themselves celebrating their kill. In the photos, Morlock grins and gives a thumbs-up sign as he poses with Mudin’s body. Note that the boy’s right pinky finger appears to have been severed. Staff Sgt. Calvin Gibbs reportedly used a pair of razor-sharp medic’s shears to cut off the finger, which he presented to Holmes as a trophy for killing his first Afghan.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...110327/0602176

We all know that the military is guilty of murder, but these specific cases hopefully make it a bit more real for everyone.

Remember these pictures the next time you praise your country for going to war.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

This bothers me 0.00%.... Its war.

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

The blood and such doesnt bother me,
    the fact that the marine is smiling in the photo with the dead kid does.

this is the mentality that military personal must take on to survive the battlefield without going insane, they must believe that everyone not in US issued gear is an enemy.

not much different then infantry being told during WWI and II that the german's are all 7 feet tall and enjoy torturing innocent people.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

this is fucked up for sure, but it really is war at the end of the day... also, these people have been at war for 100s of years... this shouldn't suprise them, should it?

war is hell.

I thought this guy's story is pretty interesting:

The Taliban have been holding him captive for over a year. He has a bunch of videos on youtube.

My Ride
    66mm Inducer

Anything about the war crimes in Iraq or Palestine?

I constantly watch over al-jazeera on the war crimes, how can the US get away with this?

what % do you think gets exposed like this? maybe 1%? so for every one of these war crimes that we see theres probably another 99 that we dont hear about.

Originally posted by veedubin69
    I constantly watch over al-jazeera on the war crimes, how can the US get away with this?
    because the same thing happens everywhere.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    +1, you want to see common practice x1000 with 'advanced' militaries as of recent? search the war photos and videos of Russians in Chechnya, both sides did lots of fked up shit to each other... its war ffs

My Ride
    2010 Transition Covert

Where is 911fever and his bullshit arguments?

Originally posted by n1zm0

+1, you want to see common practice x1000 with 'advanced' militaries as of recent? search the war photos and videos of Russians in Chechnya, both sides did lots of fked up shit to each other... its war ffs
    so a killing of an unarmed kid is still part of the war?

I hope thats his first and last kill the bitch

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

The sad thing is that if it were a dog in those pictures being held like a trophy, this thread would be 3 pages by now.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Originally posted by InRich
    this is fucked up for sure, but it really is war at the end of the day... also, these people have been at war for 100s of years... this shouldn't suprise them, should it?
    Every single one of these unjust and horrific deaths gives rise to a helpless family full of 'terrorists' more ruthless than before aiming to get justice through a roadside bomb or suicide attack. But when a US/ Cdn soldier dies, it isn't war, is it?
    Last edited by ragu; 03-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by ragu

Every single one of these unjust and horrific deaths gives rise to a helpless family full of 'terrorists' more ruthless than before aiming to get justice through a roadside bomb or suicide attack. But when a US/ Cdn soldier dies, it isn't war, is it?
    Have to agree with this. Shooting civilians and then staging it to look like an attack is not war, it is cold blooded murder. What kind of person shoots a 15 yr old in cold blood and then takes fingers as trophies and pictures?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by FraserB

Have to agree with this. Shooting civilians and then staging it to look like an attack is not war, it is cold blooded murder. What kind of person shoots a 15 yr old in cold blood and then takes fingers as trophies and pictures?
    it's a Rolling Stone article - and certainly not one of the stronger pieces of journalism they've ever put out... i would be careful to get too upset over the photos, since we don't really know anything about the story behind them.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Guillermo

it's a Rolling Stone article - and certainly not one of the stronger pieces of journalism they've ever put out... i would be careful to get too upset over the photos, since we don't really know anything about the story behind them.
    You're right, i bet there is a great story behind the picture of the soldier holding the dead child by the hair and giving the camera a 'thumbs up'

you god damn idiot.

According to sworn statements, two soldiers – Cpl. Jeremy Morlock and Pfc. Andrew Holmes – staged the killing to make it look like they had been under attack.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110328...prosecutemedia

The guy posing with the kid got 24 years in prison.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 03-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    You and I usually disagree, but this post ended the thread.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Guillermo

It doesn't look like anyone, even the accused, are denying what happened. I doubt that the US military brings capital charges on a set of pictures alone.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast