Quantcast
Afghanistan war crime photos - *warning - graphic* - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan war crime photos - *warning - graphic*

Originally posted by CMW403

You and I usually disagree, but this post ended the thread.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by FraserB

It doesn't look like anyone, even the accused, are denying what happened. I doubt that the US military brings capital charges on a set of pictures alone.
    Posted above - http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110328...prosecutemedia

"The accompanying story related how the youth shown in the still pictures, identified later as Gul Mudin, a farm worker, was picked out on January 15 last year as the first victim of the so-called "kill team."
    Corporal Jeremy Morlock -- who was jailed for 24 years last week -- and Private Andrew Holmes initially threw a grenade at the teenager before gunning him down, and pretending he had attacked them with the grenade.
    The little finger of the boy's right hand is missing, allegedly cut off as a trophy."

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by FraserB

It doesn't look like anyone, even the accused, are denying what happened. I doubt that the US military brings capital charges on a set of pictures alone.
    Another soldier who witnessed it is testifying against them as per article above.

My Ride
    You Crazy

This is a WAR??

You fucking idiots.

This is a slaughter of the people in the mid east.

A full on Terrorist campaign by the west, upon the east.

Originally posted by Toma
    This is a WAR??

You fucking idiots.

This is a slaughter of the people in the mid east.

A full on Terrorist campaign by the west, upon the east.
    Yeah I guess you didn't get the memo but please see pictures of the Talibans work. It's far far worse than anything these couple idiots managed to do... I seem to recall them burning people alive and pouring acid on women's faces but eh I guess that is just filthy imperialist propaganda to keep the righteous arab fighters down!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Look at Iraq pre invasion... a progressive, high literacy rate, and relatively peaceful nation.

Then, post invasion... over 1,000,000 deaths caused by the invasion and destabilization, spread of radicalization, and more poeple than ever hate the west.

Yeah, "mission accomplished".

Save your propaganda and lies, exaggerations, justification for those with your lack of intellect.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Yeah I guess you didn't get the memo but please see pictures of the Talibans work. It's far far worse than anything these couple idiots managed to do... I seem to recall them burning people alive and pouring acid on women's faces but eh I guess that is just filthy imperialist propaganda to keep the righteous arab fighters down!

at least the US signed and holds themselves accountable to the geneva conventions.

Look at Iraq pre invasion... a progressive, high literacy rate, and relatively peaceful nation.

Then, post invasion... over 1,000,000 deaths caused by the invasion and destabilization, spread of radicalization, and more poeple than ever hate the west.

Save your propaganda and lies, exaggerations, justification for those with your lack of intellect.
    why do you have to be such a bully around here? chill out man. I don't know you, but you're coming off as a real dick on these forums. you seem to be the only person bringing up Iraq here - and I don't see anyone arguing with you about it. just so you know, i'm american, and I moved here in 2001 for various (including political) reasons just after i had worked on the nader-laduke campaign against bush and gore. i met ralph nader, talked with him and even had him sign my book. i'm probably one of the strongest anti-iraq war people you'll ever meet, not so much because i'm an "anti-anything" leftist radical (like others on this forum), but because I feel that the illegitimate head of state Bush started the war to steal from the US people to fill the coffers of halliburton and other multinational corporate interests who got all of the contract work.

maybe you should start "playing nice" and listen to others before you ignorantly point your finger and call people "fucking idiots" for one post you don't agree with.
    Last edited by Guillermo; 03-29-2011 at 10:48 AM.

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    This bothers me 0.00%.... Its war.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

War is a terrible waste of life. Since the us has technology and training on the side of the developed world when there is a run in with "the enemy" guess who comes out ahead. I have Muslim friends who moved their family's from the middle east because they were persecuted for their belief that they should not look at non Muslims as the enemy. Is the better solution just to let them be?

That is a red herring fallacy and you even managed to sneak in an ad hominem attack. We are talking about Afghanistan.

You mad?

My Ride
    G6

You can't possibly be saying that because the Taliban did it, NATO forces should be doing it now too... What happened to being held a higher moral code? Slaughtering unarmed civilians, whoever does it, for whatever reason, is wrong.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by Guillermo

at least the US signed and holds themselves accountable to the geneva conventions.
    Most uninformed comment of the year

Ever heard of a little place called Guantanamo Bay? How about Abu-Grave? Habeas Corpus? "Torture"?

This might help you form a better opinion on how the US "holds themselves accountable to the geneva convention"

Taxi Ride To The Darkside - Documentary
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Originally posted by Feruk
    You can't possibly be saying that because the Taliban did it, NATO forces should be doing it now too... What happened to being held a higher moral code? Slaughtering unarmed civilians, whoever does it, for whatever reason, is wrong.
    I never made that argument, you are putting words in my mouth. However it is hypocritical to have Feruk, Toma, and broken_legs posting about atrocities committed by the Americans while ignoring the same is being done by another party. At least these Americans are now locked up for their crimes. I sure can't say the same about the Taliban. This just reminds me of how the above posters are selectively outraged. Palestinian killed by accident? RAGE! Israeli family including children murdered in their sleep not a peep. Funny how that works?

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I think this is a tragic and certainly doesn't represent the majority of soldiers or the values of Western countries on any level
    Yeah but that doesn't fit into the Toma's, Feruk's and broken_legs' agenda... Their world view requires the American soldiers to be child eating monsters.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    This bothers me 0.00%.... Its war.
    These acts are not acts of war, they're the actions of a group of soldiers that have used their position to become serial killers, killing civilians for sport, and tried to get away with it.

I would hesitate to blame the US overall for this - granted, they do have some responsibility for failing to prevent this - but I highly doubt that this activity was done with the knowledge or support of their superiors.

The US army wants to portray that they are white knights doing good work fighting terror and protecting the Afghanis from Al Qaida. The last thing that they want is this - It goes against everything that they are trying to represent.

I think it speaks volumes that the one soldier got 24 years - and he's the one who cut a deal and is testifying against the others. Expect very harsh penalties on all involved. And remember, time in military prison is very different from regular prison, it's much harsher.

My Ride
    You Crazy

When YOU are abroad, with YOUR troops one some elses soil, when YOUR troops are there to:

"Force democracy"
    "Civilize the animals"
    "Force Humanitarian Aid"

You better DAMN well make sure they are held not ONLY to Geneva standards, but MUCH higher.

You cannot preach the moral high ground, and then behave barbarically.
    Last edited by Toma; 03-29-2011 at 02:23 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

However it is hypocritical to have Feruk, Toma, and broken_legs posting about atrocities committed by the Americans while ignoring the same is being done by another party.

Yeah but that doesn't fit into the Toma's, Feruk's and broken_legs' agenda... Their world view requires the American soldiers to be child eating monsters.
    ^^ Not at all. I believe US soldiers are being abused by the powers that be. War is fcked up. Soldiers inevitably do crazy things. Is it their fault? NO. They didn't put themselves in a place where their boss tells them its OK to hate people and kill them - where racism is encouraged. The responsibility for that lies solely on management - IE the Government and the people that sent them into harms way.

(you will leave this out though and only focus on the anti-us argument and make up everything else)

Sounds to me like you are the one with the limited world view - as anyone who disagreees with you, is automatically 'crazy' or sides with the terrorists.

You can check my record. I've been posting atrocities committed by governments of: Yemen, Saudi, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Bahrain, Israel, Palestine, USA, etc...

YOU are the one who selectively ignores everything else I write, and focus in on the "anti-US" agenda.

You have no comment in any thread until there is a hint of any US involvement, then suddenly you swoop in as the voice of 'common sense' and 'moderation' against the 'radical' views of people that are just calling it like it is.

Quit justifying, open your eyes, call a duck a duck.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Modelexis

You're right, i bet there is a great story behind the picture of the soldier holding the dead child by the hair and giving the camera a 'thumbs up'

you god damn idiot.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110328...prosecutemedia

The guy posing with the kid got 24 years in prison.
    Hate to say it, but I agree with you on this one. That last picture gave me chills.

This bothers me 100%. What, just because the kid is unfortunate enough to have been born in that area of the world means he's unjustly subjected to murder and disgrace thereafter? I'm glad those college rejects are doing jail time. Fucking animals.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast