Quantcast
Five stars to Screamin Paintworks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Five stars to Screamin Paintworks

My Ride
    This and that.

Default Five stars to Screamin Paintworks

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a quick couple of minutes and give huge props to Dan at Screamin Paintworks. I went to Dan a couple of weeks ago, to get a carbon fibre hood and carbon fibre air duct installed on my 350Z and I couldn't have left happier.

The hood had some fitment troubles, but Dan took his time and did the best he could to make it fit as properly as possible. I had been talking to a couple of other shops for installation costs for the two things and was quote twice as much as what Dan charged me. I had to go back to him once after, when I realized I wanted the fitment to be even better and he spent another hour or so on the car without charging me at all for it.

And he absolutely amazed me the other day when I had to go back to him for some body work on the front lower side of my bumper after some asshole hit and run my car parked at a mall. The damage was fairly obvious and the only way to completely correct it was to have it replaced. But after seeing that I was hesitant to go through insurance (in case they rule against me due to lack of proof of hit and run and have my premium go up), Dan suggested that he could try the heat gun method. Basically leave the car under the head gun for a couple hours relax the bumper and pull it back in place. He explain that it wasn't going to be 100% but can be pretty close.

I was happy with that considering I am might get an aftermarket bumper later on down the line and wasn't in the mood to spend $1500 on a brand new stock one. And when I asked him what he would charge me for that, he said FREE. Yeap, that's right, he just said it isn't really much trouble for me, just have to leave the car under the heat and pull the thing, so I won't charge you anything. I've got to say I was really impressed with that.

In the end, I took my car to him today and he pulled out the bumper and while it's not 100% it's fairly close and barely noticeable. I doubt the people that don't know would even notice it. Although he had to spend a little more time than he thought originally. He had to remove the bumper, since the water bottle was right behind the bumper at that spot and he couldn't reach it with his hands. Considering removing the bumper fixing something and putting it back on is supposed to be a couple hours labor, he only charged me $40 for it.

Sorry for the long read, but all in all I would recommend Dan with my eyes closed. He does amazing work and is awesome to deal with. I know that I will be going back to him, without thinking twice, whenever I need anything done.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Well damn youre not even gonna post pics?!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Screamin theme song
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yep, love dealing with Dan and Screamin. Excellent service.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Hmmm. I'll really have to stop by soon then, seems like quite the place to go.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    This and that.

Sorry guys kinda forgot about the pics. lol I'll post pics of the hood and air duct installation he did, as well as the damage.

I haven't taken pics of it fixed yet, but will update with that as soon as I take some.

Damage Pic

And like I said, will update with the fixed pics when I take some tomorrow.

very nice hood and car grats

My Ride
    Jeep WJ

Car looks tight brah.

I know where I'm going to go for my summer work.

Man I want that hood scoop for my Z33 but I don't want to cut into my front bumper lol.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

nice hood man! I can definitely vouch for these guys at screaming paintworks. They've been doing such great work with all my cars, in fact, I'm taking my car over there in a few weeks to get a new bumper. Props for these guys for being such stand up guys.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Agreed, Dan is amazing! Had my car in his shop twice now and he does absolutely amazing work. And he even rewired some of my shitty ass speaker wiring to make it cleaner without me asking him, he just did it.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

No hood pins?
    You're a brave person.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Yep, those guys are awesome.
    Someone smashed into my car last year and my fender was cutting my tire. Drove to screamin an hour after the accident and he pulled my fender so the car would actually be drivable, all for free.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

My car is going in for a spray and some body work in May and I'm looking forward to the result.

My car is currently at Screamin, and Dan has been great. This is the second time I have gone to Dan and have nothing but good things to say!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

That air duct looks good

Need to make a trip down there once the roads get a little cleaner for some updates.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

...there is a reason why they tend to get good reviews on here.

I've dealt with Dan a couple of times now. Quite honestly, I have no intentions of going anywhere else for my autobody work. (Unless, for some reason, I need a quick crappy Maaco paint job slapped onto a vehicle - though I can't see that happening)

They did some work on my sport bike with great results!

always did good job for me as well =). going to pay them a visit in the next few week

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Oh and I forgot, he rolled all my fenders for free too!

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks guys on the compliments. Also would like to thank 88crx for recommending them to me in the first place. Without him this would not have been possible (feels like the academy award speech lol).

I really like the air duct as well, I was a bit hesitant about cutting into the bumper, but I liked it a lot so did it anyway.

And yes, I definitely ask everyone to give Dan a chance if need work done.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-17-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast