Quantcast
Panorama Hills - Hit and Run April 4th Early Morn - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Panorama Hills - Hit and Run April 4th Early Morn

My Ride
    Dodge Caravan 1980 - Best ride in the city!

Originally posted by maxwinedog

Write off or not, I hope shes at the very least requesting for a rental vehicle courtesy from her insurance until she gets a new one or this one fixed.
    Yeah, at the very least, I'm sure she had done that. I'm not concerned about that (more her issue). I'm just pissed someone had to ram a parked car like that and not even have the courtesy or respect to leave any info.

Hell, even people who scrape a car in a parking lot have remorse.

My Ride

Originally posted by Zero102

She doesn't carry replacement value insurance (or limited depreciation waiver or whatever it is called with her insurance company)?? Sorry but that part is her fault.

Generally cars depreciate, you will always get back less than what you paid, but hopefully she will get back roughly what it would cost to replace.
    I agree, it sucks if she didn't carry replacement value insurance (buying a new vehicle). But that's compounding the bigger issue.

Originally posted by tom_seng

Yeah, at the very least, I'm sure she had done that. I'm not concerned about that (more her issue). I'm just pissed someone had to ram a parked car like that and not even have the courtesy or respect to leave any info.

Hell, even people who scrape a car in a parking lot have remorse.
    theres some absolute scum on the roads that should have never been given a license to drive.

i absolutely cant stand people in denial and dont take accountability for their actions. Theres no place on earth for scum like them.

Depending coverages she carries will depend on if she gets a rental vehicle or not.

As for insurance going up - It wont, or atleast shouldnt. The vehicle was parked. So they cant charge it as an at fault. If she has any problems with her insurance prem regarding this claim, PM me. Im not much help on the CLAIMS portion, but I can on the insurance prem.
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Just thinking out loud here, but could you not call the bodyshops in Calgary and ask if any Chevy Silverados have dropped in with rear-end damage? I'm sure it could possibly narrow things down.

My Ride

Originally posted by Kg810
    Just thinking out loud here, but could you not call the bodyshops in Calgary and ask if any Chevy Silverados have dropped in with rear-end damage? I'm sure it could possibly narrow things down.
    Fair enough. Only problem is there's got to be a crap load of repair shops to check. I'll let her know your idea.

My Ride

Originally posted by Zewind
    Depending coverages she carries will depend on if she gets a rental vehicle or not.

As for insurance going up - It wont, or atleast shouldnt. The vehicle was parked. So they cant charge it as an at fault. If she has any problems with her insurance prem regarding this claim, PM me. Im not much help on the CLAIMS portion, but I can on the insurance prem.
    Thanks, I'll let her know. Hopefully you're right (I'm from BC, so all I know is ICBC does everything and anything to you)

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by tom_seng

Fair enough. Only problem is there's got to be a crap load of repair shops to check. I'll let her know your idea.
    Yeah, but I believe you'll have a better chance calling around rather than keeping an eye out.

Just based on what this douche has done, he probably has it parked inside a garage or has already dropped off the truck at a bodyshop. If he's parked in his garage, I would wager he is calling around for the best price.

Best of luck, and I will keep an eye out as well.

My Ride
    EF8

OP any update? What did your friend do? Is she using a rental for now? Is she going to fix the car? If so has she taken it in for an appraisal yet?

My Ride
    Is way to loud.

i live in the area aswell,will keep my eyes open.
    2015 F350 (work bitch)
    2011 Impreza (Daily beater)
    00 EK Hatch (Sold)
    MX73 (Sold)
    00 Acura EL (Sold)
    98 EJ6 Hatch(Sold)
    90 Civic Sedan ED3(Sold)
    91 Si Hatch (Sold)
    88 SiR-x (Sold)
    89 Rex Si (R.I.P)
    91 SiR-x (Sold)
    90 Rex Si (Sold)
    93 Ej1 Coupe (Sold)

My Ride

Originally posted by maxwinedog
    OP any update? What did your friend do? Is she using a rental for now? Is she going to fix the car? If so has she taken it in for an appraisal yet?
    She is using a rental car now, and having the car taken in for appraisal. She hasn't called the autobody shops because she is prepping for exams and design projects, it is extremely difficult for her to concentrate on this...at the end, she just wants to get on with her life. I'll get final updates later on for what she decides.

PLUS, my friend found my post all over different canadian forums and couldn't believe some of the comments from the users.

Seriously, do a search for this title and check it out.

Some users have taken my writing and posted it in Calgary Puck and Redflagdeals and have had people from all the way in Ontario questioning and criticizing my friend's actions for parking on the street. A lot of misinformed and arrogant people crawl the other forums. They don't have a clue what the fuck happened and I have very little respect for arrogance.
    Last edited by tom_seng; 04-09-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Hey OP what ended up happening with your friends car and all?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Wow.

1. Her premiums won't go up, she wasn't even driving. How can she be considered high risk while she's sleeping?

2. Doesn't matter if it's written off, they'll give her enough to replace it.

3. She doesn't need to call any body shops, that's why the cops have the mandatory damage sticker for anything over $1000 which this would be for the truck. The second the guy goes for the sticker, the cops will cross reference it.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2