Quantcast
Motivational - Videos, Images, Quotes - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Motivational - Videos, Images, Quotes

My Ride
    is Invisible

FUARK

Never like using females as "motivation" but this one here is a fine specimen

My Ride
    is Invisible

If you dont feel anything after watching this video, well then watch it, till you do!!

My Ride
    TypeR

My Ride
    Forum youngblood

everyone should see this movie.
    Originally posted by Crks&Cstls
    Dido

My Ride
    DA6, R59

My Ride
    Edge

Follow the lyrics:

Sorry, can't link the photo directly from the Muscle Insider site (1st page, 4th row from the bottom, 3rd pic). This is from the current issue. The reason this is motivating is that it is my wife's cousin and I know a bit of her background. She got into working out because she broke her back falling off a horse when she was in her 20's. She's now 40-something and has been competing for only 2 or 3 years, iirc. Has one of the best physiques there--best tone and symmetry, imo--but I'm not sure how she placed.

Let's me know that at 37 I can still get in the best shape of my life.

Edited to add: Sorry, just noticed that every time you open that Muscle Insider link the pics are in a different order. Hopefully the Facebook one works and you can then find her in the Muscle Insider pics.
    Last edited by duaner; 05-09-2012 at 08:05 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

Anytime I see these I want to train!

Last edited by scboss; 05-09-2012 at 02:18 AM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Excellent thread. Subscribed.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

One of my favorite videos! I've lost count of how many times I've seen this one!

What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    TypeR

Co-worker/training parnter/client 5month transformation. Decided he wanted to compete as a fitness model and made it happen all natural.

Ended up winning first place INBF calgary classic. If its important to you it will happen. If not you will make excuses.

My Ride
    TypeR

for all you bodybuilders

and one of my favourite powerlifters. BEAST!

My Ride
    240sx

Originally posted by adidas

FUARK

Never like using females as "motivation" but this one here is a fine specimen
    What does fuark mean? I need some motivation! Anyone got some new ones?

My Ride

Originally posted by GotRice?

What does fuark mean? I need some motivation! Anyone got some new ones?

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by zipdoa

Didnt that guy die in a sauna because he overdosed on ephedrine and steriods? Guy was a crazy party animal!

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd add it to this thread. You may have heard about Alex Zanardi's story, but if reading this doesn't inspire you to get off your ass, there isn't much that will.

Paralympics: Ex-Formula One driver Alex Zanardi wins gold in cycling

http://www.thestar.com/sports/london...old-in-cycling

LONDON—Alex Zanardi just loves to race. But what he really likes to do is win.

The former Formula One driver took the Paralympic gold medal Wednesday in paracycling — a hand cycle powered by the arms — at the Brands Hatch race track, posting a time of 24 minutes 50.22 seconds.

The victory capped an incredible journey for the 45-year-old who almost died in a horrific accident at a 2001 CART race in Germany.

“It’s an amazing feeling,” a clearly exuberant Zanardi said. “I’m really, really happy for the result.”

Zanardi celebrated by sliding out of his cycle and lifting it over his head with one hand and raising his other arm, fist clenched, to the sky.

It was unusual. It was on purpose.

“I’m Alex Zanardi,” he said with a huge grin, his Italian accent dragging each syllable. “I always have to come up with something. I have a little bit of a big head.”

Zanardi’s journey to the Paralympics began at the American Memorial 500 on Sept. 15, 2001, at the Eurospeedway Lausitz in Germany — the only American-based series to go forward on the weekend after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Zanardi, a former two-time CART champion, had had a difficult season. He started 22nd in a field of 27, but the car was responding well. He was enjoying the drive, passing one car after another, until with 13 laps to go he was in the lead.

Zanardi went into his final pit stop and the crew chief waved him off urging him to “Go, go, go!”

But as he built up speed to get back into the race, the car spun out of control and he veered onto the track. Canadian driver Alex Tagliani, travelling at close to 320 km/h, could not avoid him. The reinforced carbon fibre cone of Tagliani’s car sliced through the area beside Zanardi’s left front wheel and cockpit, the weakest part of the vehicle.

On the track, Dr. Terry Trammel slipped and fell as he raced to the wreckage. He thought he had fallen in oil, but it was Zanardi’s blood.

The crash had severed Zanardi’s right leg at the knee and his left at the thigh some five inches above the knee. The driver’s lower legs had disintegrated like those of land mine victims, said Dr. Steve Olvey, director of medical affairs for CART at the time. He had lost 70 per cent of his blood, his pelvis was fractured in five places and he had a lacerated liver.

But Zanardi was alive.

At the hospital, Zanardi’s wife, Daniela, told him he had lost his legs. But that was only part of the problem. He had been in a coma for three days, his heart had stopped at least once, and he was alive only because of the medical response to his injuries.

Much work for his recovery lay ahead.

NASCAR driver Max Papis, who has known Zanardi since they were kids in Italy, recalled visiting his friend in the hospital, where Zanardi glanced at Papis’ new shoes.

“He said to ‘Look at the positive side of this. For a long time I will not have to spend money buying those,’” Papis said.

Pushing the limits, he began to walk again only months after the accident. Always tinkering, Zanardi used technology and his experience from working with elite race cars to forge a new life — to adapt to his new circumstances, to learn how to use prosthetic legs.

“You don’t know how many times I fell just taking ridiculous small steps,” he told the BBC. “It was bloody hard.”

Two years after the accident, he returned to Lausitz to finish the 13 laps, and later began racing specially modified touring cars. But he had many other races to run. Pity didn’t occur to him.

“He’s a lion,” said his former teammate, Jimmy Vasser. “He just never gave up.”

Zanardi thought of it as part of his destiny, just something that happened to him, said Chip Ganassi, who owns the team that Zanardi once raced for.

“That was like a speed bump for him,” Ganassi said.

Zanardi took up paracycling to stay in shape. A hand cycle is powered by the arms and features two coasting rear wheels and one steerable front wheel. In 2007, he was invited to attend the pasta party at the New York City marathon that was thrown by his sponsor, Barilla. He decided that if he was going, he should take part. At the race, he finished fourth. By 2011, he was first.

On Wednesday, he defeated one of the best in the world — American Oscar (Oz) Sanchez, who won a gold medal in the time trial at the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and a bronze medal in the road race. Sanchez took the bronze in London with a time of 25 minutes, 35.36 seconds.

Norbert Mossandl of Germany won the silver in London with a time of 25 minutes 17.40 seconds.

Zanardi knew the Brands Hatch course north of London would be tough — he once drove it in a race car. To make things worse, he had a bad crash with his favourite bike a few weeks ago — a picture on his Twitter feed showed a crumpled vehicle, its front wheel askew.

But by Wednesday, all that was forgotten. He said Vasser had called him Tuesday night and promised him a car for the Indianapolis 500 — if he won the gold.

“I’ll have to call him back tonight and say ‘Jimmy. I got the gold medal!’ “ he said. “’How about the car?’”

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.

My Ride
    TypeR

Kai is such a inspirational man. "Your dream must become a vision"
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    is Invisible

"Any fool can see the sun set, but a dawn you have to earn"

Mr. Olympia the rules for qualifying are always changing it seems. Back when I was an active Mr. Olympia contender, the top six instantly and automatically qualified for the next year. Some would take all year off. Not me – I loved the thrill of competing and kept a busy schedule of contests all year long. Fans want to see us!
    Competing I did it for those who’d supported me in my career, the ones writing fan letters, sending e-mails, and paying to see me up on stage. I loved every minute of the ride. Contest prep and the actual show made me feel alive. It was proof I was living, proof I was breathing. I needed it, and I put everything into it. That was my choice.

Looks like the days of choice are over – bodybuilders don’t get to choose whether they want to take the year off or go full blown. New IFBB rules encourage more competition between Olympia showdowns. The top three still automatically qualify, but all other athletes are on a points system, and it’s through that process they qualify for the Olympia. In short, they have to go full blown if they want to stay on top. That’s what’s up.

I love this new rule. If you compete and earn enough points, you’ll be part of the greatest bodybuilding show conceived by humanity. Win a Pro show, and you’ll automatically qualify. Every bodybuilder should jump at the opportunity.

Bodybuilding is part performance art, part business, and if you’re a competitor with an eye on the bottom line, promoting yourself is part of the never-ending game. Get out there and strut your stuff. Flex your marketing muscles online. Tell the world who you are, and be an innovator in every sphere of public life, on and off stage.

Competing helped me build a property, a brand, a business known as Kevin Levrone. Today, I look back on that experience with fondness. Competition is the name of the game. You hone your skills by trying and falling down, picking yourself up, learning and overcoming, until you sharpen everything to a steely point. That’s what I did.

What annoys me is when people assume I became a bodybuilder out of insecurity, or as a reaction to childhood trauma, and that I’m compensating for old pain. The average person doesn’t understand why we do this, what drives us to physical perfection. Their psycho-babble doesn’t even scratch the surface.

Let me break it down. An IFBB Pro is a real person who’s taken their love, hardships, education and life’s wisdom and put it to work, regardless of race or background. The seed is your thoughts and your emotions, it’s in your DNA. We want to build something incredible, and make a vision a reality, and emerge a champion. It’s not about self-hatred or over-compensation. It’s about relentless pursuit of a vision, the yearning for greatness, the conviction of ideals. The audacity to imagine something impossible and defiantly bring it into reality.

When you’re living the iron life, you just might find your way to the IFBB stage. And that, my friends, is an unbelievable moment, as powerful as it is rare. There are unusual, unexpected rewards that make our sacrifices and battles so worthwhile.

One day, a kid came up to me at the gym. I was two weeks out of the Olympia and focused completely on my program, and he asked if I’d mind training arms with him. This kid was bright, about 17, and of course, I said sure. It suddenly occurred to me that he should’ve been in school, instead of hanging out at a gym. The reason had to do with his father: they didn’t get along and had fought that morning about skipping school.

I gave him my heartfelt thoughts about responsibility and doing the right thing, even if it’s tough. I let him know that I’ve been there, and that the best choice is to gut it out and hang on, overcome. The workout ended, we said our goodbyes, and that was it. Or so I thought.

Much later on, I picked up one of the fitness mags and read the letter section. What did I find? Something from that same kid I trained and talked with! He’d included a picture of us snapped in the gym. The letter was titled, “How Kevin Levrone Saved my Life.” On the day we’d worked out together, he’d planned on killing himself. But our talk had changed his mind. Right then, I knew: there’s more to Bodybuilding than just muscle. It can be a cosmic endeavor, touching many people and taking competitors and fans places none of us thought possible.

After the Olympia, I received a call from a mother whose child had undergone cancer surgery. She asked if I’d come to the hospital and see her terminally ill child. He was unresponsive, and the doctors were fearful. I was dead tired that day, spent from the hardest show prep of my life, but I dragged my bones to the hospital pulled by a force I can’t explain, I somehow found the strength.

When I arrived, I took off my shirt, walked toward his room, and popped around the corner. Positive energy within me exploded, I felt 110%, and I didn’t know where the energy was coming from. It must have been infectious because the boy, previously unresponsive, raised himself up on one arm and just stared at me.

I did what fate designed me to do: I flexed with everything I had. This poor, sick boy started laughing. Laughing – after all he’d been through. That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. His mother and grandmother were crying tears of joy to see the life force in their beloved child, ignited for a brief moment by an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder, of all people. “Thank you,” they said. “Thank you for being so kind.”

And why wouldn’t I be kind? Should I be a selfish, angry, underground, roid ragin’ animal? Things aren’t always what they appear on the surface. We’re pro bodybuilders – IFBB Pros. Forget stereotypes and misconceptions. Beneath the skin and muscle, all of us are human. Before you find your inner IFBB champion, find your inner human and get in touch with it. Humans make muscles and not the other way around.

This has been a good session. Now stop analyzing things and go lift something.

Kevin Levrone
    Last edited by adidas; 09-15-2012 at 06:45 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

One day
    IG:scboss

My Ride

Alistair Overeem is one of my favorite athletes. The guy is just a monster. It takes hard fucking work to be as deadly as he is.

Last edited by zipdoa; 10-17-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

Fuck yes.

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast