Quantcast
Red Del Sol - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Red Del Sol

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Default Red Del Sol

Yesterday, i turn right onto Shaganappi from Northland Dr. and a red del sol zooms by. A small asian dude is driving, with his girl in the passenger seat. As he goes by, he gives me that "phhhh..." look. So now I'm interested, and I follow him up the road. He gets into one of the left turn lanes on Shaganappi as it crosses John Laurie. Since both the left turn lanes are empty, I get into the one next to him. Just as I come up, the light turns green and he starts goin. After making the turn I speed up and come alongside him. Him and his chick both look over (me and my brother are in the car) and he gives that same look again. Then I hear him downshift and floor it, and we both take off. At this time I was in 3rd gear while i'm positive he shifted down to 2nd or maybe even first (considering the loud note from his exhaust). It was even for a about a few seconds, then I just kept pulling and pulling till I gained enough on him to cut him off safely.
    After that he took the first right off into Edgemont.

To tell you the truth, I thought he was going to beat me cause I assumed that his ride was suped or something (considering those looks he was shooting off)...but the joke was on him in the end. Anybody know this guy?? (Red Del SoL, with exhaust, window removed, and probably located in Edgemont or something, asian guy)

What's a "Phhh" look?

When they glare at you menacingly and squint condescendingly like a snob while blowing through their teeth and slightly parted lips with a "Phhh", like you're pathetic?

I also know the hunched, chin down, pout and squint menacingly-out-of-the-corner-of-your-eye trying to act tough look.

What really funny is sometimes you pull next to them and they look relaxed, but when they see you they transmutate into some aggressive beast behind the wheel, start staring and glaring like don't F*** with me, these fake tough guys, they try so hard. People like that make me laugh
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Haha, you got it right with the "When they glare at you menacingly and squint condescendingly like a snob while blowing through their teeth and slightly parted lips with a "Phhh", like you're pathetic?" !!

Your right, people like that make me laugh too....but then i laugh harder when after they get beat and shamed, they refuse to even make eye contact!! I live for those moments.
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    a wrx.

why didnt u just beat him off the line instead of waiting for the straight stretch?

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    why didnt u just beat him off the line instead of waiting for the straight stretch?
    Because the light turned green about 10 sec before I reached him. The guy took the left and was already goin when i came up alongside him.

My Ride
    '99 Volkswagen GTI

did it have a yellow sticker across the windsheild that said "extreme" ??? if it did, then i work with him? all it has is rims, a body kit and exhaust, not lowered at all and oh lets not forget the seat covers that were bought at walmart
    R.I.P. 1998 Grand Prix Aug. 31 2003

'99 VW GTI in the works

My Ride
    '01 Stang

That might have been him, but I cant remember if there was a sticker or not...ask him if he had a little "run in" with a mustang a few days ago!
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    '99 Volkswagen GTI

oh man i hardly ever see this guy i never work the same hours....

he is trying to sell his car for 15k

all it has is rims a body kit exhaust and rust and its a 93
    R.I.P. 1998 Grand Prix Aug. 31 2003

'99 VW GTI in the works